Jammu and Kashmir PSC Recruitment 2015 for Medical Physicist
Jammu & Kashmir Public Service Commission,
Srinagar – 190 009.
JKPSC job applications on prescribed form are invited from the permanent residents of the Jammu & Kashmir State possessing the prescribed academic qualification and age for the posts of Medical Physicist ( item no : 257 ) in the discipline of Radio Therapy, Government Medical College, Srinagar in Health & Medical Education Department as per the category-wise break-up tabulated below. The post of Medical Physicist carries the pay scale of 9300 – 34800 with Grade Pay of 5400.
The Jammu & Kashmir PSC Medical Physicist applications complete in all respects and accompanied with the documents detailed hereinafter should reach the office of the J & K Public Service Commission Solina, Srinagar / Resham Garh Colony, Bakshi Nagar, Jammu by or on 30.11.2015. In case 30.11.2015 is declared a public holiday then the last date for receipt of Application Forms for JKPSC Medical Physicist 2015 shall be the next working day.
1. Category-Wise breakup of the JKPSC Medical Physicist Posts :
1st Special Drive
2. Prescribed Qualification for JKPSC Medical Physicist Jobs 2015
- A post graduate degree in Physics from a recognized university;
- A post M.Sc. diploma in radiological / medical physics from a recognized university; and
- An internship of minimum 12 months in a recognized well equipped radiation therapy department.
- A basic degree in science from a recognized university, with physics as one of the main subjects;
- A post graduate degree in radiological / medical physics from a recognized University; and
- An internship of minimum 12 months in a recognized well-equipped radiation therapy Department.
3. Having Age as on _1st January 2015 not :
- below 18 years; and
- 40 years in case of Open merit.
- 43 years in case of SC / ST / RBA / ALC / SLC candidates.
- 42 years in case of physically challenged candidates.
- 48 years in case of Ex-Servicemen.
- 45 years in case of candidates already in Government Service ( H & ME Deptt ).
Note : In terms of the Government Order No. 102-GAD of 2007 dated 27.01.2007, the Contractual appointees shall be deemed to be in-service candidates so far as the upper age limit for direct recruitment to Government Service is concerned provided they subsist in contractual appointment as on the date of issue of advertisement.
Note : Over-aged candidates having exceptional qualification relevant to the concerned subject may also apply at their own risk and responsibility without prejudice to the right of the Commission to reject their Application Form :
Provided that over-aged candidates, shall not be considered when other eligible candidates are otherwise available.
4. Application Forms for JKPSC Medical Physicist 2015 :
- JKPSC Medical Physicist Application Forms 2015 can be obtained from the office of the J & K Public Service Commission, Solina Srinagar / Resham Ghar Colony, Bakshi Nagar, Jammu on cash payment of 500/- ( excluding processing charges of 10/- ) in respect of General Category candidates and 250/- ( excluding processing charges of 10/- ) in respect of Category candidates through the counters of J & K Bank opened in the offices of J & K Public Service Commission at Solina, Srinagar / Resham Ghar Colony, Bakshi Nagar, Jammu from 9:30 am to 3:00 pm on all working days.
- The OMR Application Forms should be filled up neatly, correctly and completely. A copy of passport size photograph duly attested by the Gazetted Officer should be pasted at the relevant place / space in the Application Form.
- The Application Form for JKPSC Medical Physicist complete in all respects should be photo-copied. The photocopies of the certificates / testimonials be attached with photocopy of the Application Form. The OMR Application Form together with the photocopy of the Application Form and enclosures be submitted to the Commission office in the envelope provided by the Jammu & Kashmir PSC Commission along with the Application Form. Please note that the application form on which correction fluid is applied shall be rejected outrightly.
- The JKPSC Medical Physicist Application Forms 2015 complete in all respects must reach the Secretary, J & K Public Service Commission, Solina, Srinagar / Resham Ghar Colony, Bakshi Nagar, Jammu on or before the last date i.e 30.11.2015 in an envelope provided by the JKPSC Commission along with the Application Form.
- The JKPSC Commission will, in no case, be responsible for non-receipt of their Application Forms or any delay in receipt thereof on any account whatsoever. No applications received after 30.11.2015 will be entertained under any circumstances and all the late applications for JKPSC jobs shall be deemed to have been rejected. Applicants should, therefore, ensure that their applications reach the Commission office on or before 30.11.2015.
- The in-service candidates shall have the certificate from the Head of the Office recorded in the format given at the end of the Scanable Application Form and submit the application form in the JKPSC Commission office by or on the last date prescribed viz. 30.11.2015. A photocopy of the said application form shall be routed through their appointing authority.
5. Other Information / Instructions for JKPSC Medical Physicist Recruitment 2015
All applicants must fulfill the essential requirements of the post and other conditions stipulated in the advertisement. They are advised to satisfy themselves before applying that they possess the essential qualifications prescribed for the post. No enquiry for advice as to the eligibility will be entertained.
- The prescribed qualifications are minimum and mere possession of the same does not entitle the candidates to be called for JKPSC Medical Physicist interview 2015. Further, the summoning of candidates for interview shall convey no assurance, whatsoever, that they will be selected. Appointment order of the selected candidates will be issued by the Government in accordance with the availability of JKPSC Medical Physicist vacancies.
- Save as otherwise provided, in any other Act, Rules, or Regulations in force, where the JKPSC Commission considers that the number of candidates who have applied for the post to be filled by direct recruitment, on the basis of interview, is large and it is not convenient, or possible, for the Commission to JKPSC Medical Physicist interview all the candidates, the JKPSC Commission may restrict the number of candidates to be called for interview, to a reasonable limit as provided in rule 40 of J & K Public Service Commission ( Business & Procedure Rules ) 1980 by short listing in the manner as indicated below :
- Short listing through a JKPSC Medical Physicist written Screening Test : Where the number of applicants exceeds 350 against posts not exceeding 100 and where the number of applicants is more than 3 times against vacancies exceeding 100, the short listing in the proportion of 1 ( post ) : 3 ( applicants ) shall be done through a JKPSC Medical Physicist Written Screening Test.
- Short listing by other methods :When the number of applicants for posts upto 100 is 350 or less, the short listing shall be done in the proportion indicated in the sub joined table on the basis of :
- Percentage of marks secured in the qualifying examination; and
- Higher qualification, if any, in the relevant subject.
i For 1-5 post Five times the number of posts ii For 6-10 posts Four times the number of posts subject to a minimum of 25. iii For 11 –100 posts Three times subject to a minimum of 40.
- The marks secured by the candidates in the JKPSC Medical Physicist screening test shall not be taken into account for determining the final order of merit.
- The place of JKPSC Medical Physicist interview / centre for screening test once chosen by the candidate shall not be changed.
- Selection of the candidates shortlisted for the JKPSC Medical Physicist interview shall be made in accordance with rule 51 of J & K Public Service Commission.
- The summoning of candidates for JKPSC Medical Physicist interview conveys no assurance, whatsoever that they will be selected. Appointment orders to selected candidates will be issued by the Government.
- The candidate must be healthy and physically fit. If selected he / she shall be prepared to undergo such JKPSC Medical Physicist medical examination and satisfy such medical authority as the Government may require.
- Candidates will be informed of the result of their applications in due course of time and any interim enquiries about the result are, therefore, unnecessary and will not be attended to. The JKPSC Commission shall not enter into any correspondence with the candidates about reasons for their non-selection for interview / appointment.
- Canvassing, in any form, shall disqualify a candidate.
Important Notes for JKPSC Medical Physicist Recruitment 2015
- Candidate must read the detailed instructions before filling up of the form. He / She must fill the form strictly according to the instructions.
- Candidates must ensure that no column is left blank or wrongly filled, as information furnished therein would be used for deciding the eligibility and suitability of the candidate for being called for the JKPSC Medical Physicist interview. Application not filled correctly and as per the instructions is liable to be rejected and the responsibility of such rejection would be on the candidate himself / herself. The JKPSC Commission will not entertain any claim in respect of such rejection.
- Copies of the certificates should be attached in support of the information given in the form, where necessary. Any information contained in the attached certificates shall not be considered unless it is claimed in the Application Form.
- JKPSC Medical Physicist Application Fee amount is payable in the shape of Bank Draft drawn from J & K Bank Limited only or by cash at J & K Bank counters opened in P.S.C Offices both at Jammu / Srinagar. No other mode of payment is acceptable.
- JKPSC Medical Physicist Applications should be sent / delivered to the following address :
The Secretary J & K Public Service Commission,
Jammu / Solina Srinagar.
- For any query visit the Commission’s Website ( www.jkpsc.nic.in ) or Commission’s facilitation centre at Jammu / Srinagar.
- Moreover, in case of clarification, the candidates should mention the Notification No., Item No. and Bar Code No. of the Application Form along with specific information to be sought.