Jammu and Kashmir PSC Recruitment 2017 for Medical Officer in Health & Medical Education Department
Jammu and Kashmir PSC applications through online mode are invited from the permanent residents of Jammu & Kashmir State possessing the prescribed academic / professional qualifications and age for the posts of Medical Officer in Health & Medical Education Department of the State as per the category-wise break-up tabulated below :-
The breakup of these vacancies referred by the Administrative Department is given as under :
|Item No.||Name of the Post||OM||RBA||SC||ST||ALC||SLC||Total|
3% Horizontal Reservation shall be provided to the Physically Handicapped Category
candidates as provided under SRO 294 of 2005 dated: 21.10.2005 and as per Government Order No.108-SW of 2013 dated: 01.04.2013.
- Date of commencement for submission of online applications – 01st April, 2017
- Last date for submission of online applications – 01st May, 2017
- Last date for submission of fee/bank challan – 03rd May, 2017
1. Prescribed Qualification
MBBS or Possession of recognized Graduate Medical qualification included in the first or second schedule or part-II of the 3rd Scheduled (other than licentiate qualifications) to the Indian Medical Council Act, 1956. Holders of education qualification included in part-II of the 3rd Scheduled should fulfill the conditions stipulated in subsection (3) of section (13) of the Indian Medical Council Act 1956.
2. Age as on 1st January 2017 :
Minimum = 18 Years
Maximum = 40 Years
Candidates in Government Service = 40 Years
Physically Challenged candidates = 42 years
Candidates belonging to RBA / SC / ST / ALC / SLC categories = 43 years
Ex-serviceman = 48 years
Note : Over-aged candidates having exceptional qualification relevant to the concerned subject may also apply at their own risk and responsibility without prejudice to the right of the Commission to reject their Application Forms.
3. Scheme of Jammu and Kashmir PSC Selection :
All applicants must fulfil the essential requirements of the post and other conditions stipulated in the advertisement. They are advised to satisfy themselves before applying that they possess the qualifications prescribed for the post. No enquiry for advice as to the eligibility will be entertained.
(i) The prescribed qualifications are the minimum and mere possession of the same does not entitle candidates to be called for interview. Further, the summoning of candidates for interview shall convey no assurance, whatsoever, that they will be selected. Appointment order of the selected candidates will be issued by the Government, in accordance with the availability of vacancies.
(ii) A written test shall be conducted and the marks / points obtained by the participating candidates shall be apportioned proportionately against the marks earmarked for written test in the selection criteria. On the basis of merit obtained by the candidates in the written Examination an oral test will be conducted which may be restricted as under :-
- For 1-5 Post – Five times the number of posts
- For 6-10 Posts – Four times the number of posts subject to a minimum of 25.
- For exceeding 10 Posts – Three times subject to a minimum of 40.
Thereafter, merit list will be prepared on the basis of merit obtained in the written and oral test in conformity with the criteria laid down under Rule 51 of J&K Public Service Commission ( Business & Procedure ) Rules, 1980.
Provided further that the candidate(s) who have secured marks equal to those secured by the last candidate, shall also be called for the Interview over and above the number of candidates short listed for oral test.
4. Jammu and Kashmir PSC Examination Fee 2017 :
After successful submission of the form online, a challan will be generated indicating the basic details of the candidate which inter-alia shall indicate the amount of fee to be deposited in the J&K Bank branch as given below :
- General Category = 805.00
- Reserved Categories = 405.00
The total amount of fee payable shall include 05/- as service charges of the J&K Bank.
5. Centre of Jammu and Kashmir PSC Examination :
- The Examination will be held at different centres located in Srinagar and Jammu cities.
The allotment of centres shall be at the sole discretion of the Commission and once a centre is allotted to a candidate, request for change of centre will neither be entertained nor will the Commission respond to request for change of centre.
6. The necessary instructions regarding filling up of online application are given herein below :
- After successful Registration, candidates are required to Login and fill all the required details like personal / contact / Educational details.
- The candidate shall also be required to upload the images of recent photograph and
signature. Photograph image must mention the date in which it is taken. Size of the photograph (passport size) and signature must be between 10kB to 20kB in *.jpeg or *.jpg only.
- After completion of the above said fields, candidates shall click “Show Jobs” menu on the same window. A popup window will appear and the candidates will click on the Apply button against the post he/she is eligible.
- On clicking “Apply” button, an instruction window will appear. Candidates should read instructions carefully before clicking on “Apply” button at the bottom of the webpage.
- By clicking on “Submit” button at bottom of the page, it will display all facts / particulars that a candidate may have mentioned while filling up the necessary fields.
- Once the candidate is satisfied about the filled in details, then, he or she may click on “Submit” button to finally push the data into server with successful submission report, which he or she can print. In case, a candidate feels that the fields/data filled are/is wrong then he or she will be required to edit the details by pressing the EDIT button, until he or she is satisfied about the correctness of the information required to be filled in the desired fields.
- Application once submitted cannot be edited.
- On successful submission of the online application, a window will open with a link to print e-challan and application form.
- Candidates can also check the filled in form under “Submitted Applications” menu while login in their account and pay the fee through Challan / Online mode or at CSC centre as per their convenience.
- After successful payment of fee through online mode or at CSC Centre, the candidate should get the printout of the online fee receipt so generated.
- If the candidate wants to pay the fee through offline mode then he/she should take a printout of the fee payment challan and can deposit fees in any of the branches of Jammu and Kashmir Bank in the designated account number only printed on the echallan.
A counterfoil copy of the application fee payment e-challan duly authenticated by the bank with (a) branch name & code no and (c) date of deposit filled by the branch official shall be enclosed with the hard copy to be submitted in the office of the Commission alongwith other requisite documents as and when demanded by the Commission.
- Submission of fee payment challan shall not be accepted / entertained after cut-off date fixed for the advertisement Notification.
- Please note that the above procedure is the only valid procedure for applying. No other mode of application or incomplete steps would be accepted and such applications would be rejected.
- Jammu and Kashmir Public Service Commission has developed an online Application Form for the Direct Recruitment posts. The Application Form together with instructions for filling up the Application Forms will be available at the website http://www.jkpsc.nic.in of the Commission from 01st April, 2017. However before filling online application form candidates shall have to make an online registration first (One Time Registration).
- Candidates are advised to go through the instructions and all the eligibility conditions prescribed for the post before filing the online Application Form.
- Last date for filing of online Application complete in all respects is 01st May, 2017.
- Last date for submission of fee / bank challan is 03rd May, 2017.
- Date for determining the eligibility of all candidates in every respect shall be the prescribed closing date for submission of online recruitment application. The applicants are advised to fill in all their particulars in the online recruitment application carefully as submission of wrong information my lead to rejection of online application form.
- All applicants must fulfil the essential requirements of the post and other conditions stipulated in the advertisement in terms of eligibility. They are also advised to satisfy themselves before filing online application that they possess at least the essential qualifications prescribed for post(s).
- Jammu and Kashmir Public Service Commission shall not entertain any enquiry regarding the eligibility.
- The prescribed essential qualifications are the minimum and the mere possession of the same does not entitle candidates to be called for interview.
- Candidates are not required to submit to the Commission either by post or by hand the printout of their online application or any other document.
- Pay Scale – The posts carry the pay scale of 9300-34800 with Grade Pay of 5400.
- The syllabus for conduct of written test shall be issued separately.