Jammu and Kashmir PSC Recruitment Exam 2015 for Range Officer – JKPSC Range Officer Recruitment Exam Syllabus
The J&K Forest Service Range Officer Grade – I ( Forest ) Examination will be conducted by the J&K Public Service Commission at Srinagar and Jammu on the dates to be notified separately by the Commission in accordance with the rules laid down vide SRO No. 359 dated 24.07.1970 as amended from time to time vide SRO 106 dated 30.04.1992 & SRO 272 dated 30.11.1992, SRO 03 dated 05.01.1994, SRO 264 dated 27.08.1998, SRO 432 dated 20.12.2007 and J&K Public Service Commission ( Conduct of Examination ) Rules, 2005. The details of scheme of examination and syllabus is given in annexure ‘A’. The number of posts to be filled up through the examination is 04.
The Category-wise Breakup of the Vacancies is as Under : Open = 02, RBA = 01, SC = 01.
Note : ( If the Commission considers that the number of application forms received for admission is unduly large it may direct the candidates to appear in Preliminary objective Type Test for shortlisting the candidates for Main Examination ).
1. JKPSC Range Officer Eligibility Conditions 2015 :
JKPSC Range Officer Qualification 2015 : B.Sc. Forestry or its equivalent from any University recognized by the Indian Council of Agriculture Research.
2. Age as on 01.01.2015 :
- Minimum = 18 years.
- Maximum = 40 Years.
For candidates belonging to :
- Reserved categories = 43 Years.
- Ex-Serviceman = 48 Years.
- Physically Handicapped. = 42 Years.
3. JKPSC Range Officer Physical Standard 2015 : The candidate should possess the following standards of physical fitness.
- Height = 163 cm
- Chest girth ( Fully expanded ) = 84 cm
- Chest expansions = 05 cm
Physical Fitness : ( The physical fitness certificate with above standards should be from Chief Medical Officer concerned ).
4. Must be a Permanent Resident of the J&K State.
The JKPSC Range Officer Examination Shall be Conducted in the Following Order :
- Written Test.
- Viva-Voce Test.
- Walking Test.
- Medical Test.
The minimum marks in each subject for qualifying the written test is 40%.
5. How to Obtain the JKPSC Range Officer Application Form 2015 :
(i) The candidates can obtain the prescribed Application Form, instructions for filling up of the Application Form, acknowledgement card and an envelope for submitting the Application Form, from the J&K Bank branches located in the offices of the J&K Public Service Commission, Resham Ghar Colony, Bakshi Nagar, Jammu / Solina Rambagh, Srinagar on cash payment of 500/- ( excluding processing charges of 10/- ) for OM candidates and 250/- ( excluding processing charges of 10/- ) for reserved category candidates.
6. How to Apply for JKPSC Range Officer 2015 :
- Since the Application Form is to be electronically scanned, due care should be taken to fill up the Application Form neatly and correctly. ( While filling up the Application Form, please refer to detailed instructions given in the instruction sheet supplied with the Application Form ).
- The candidates are required to fill up the Application Form and then Photostat it. Photograph, duly attested, should be firmly pasted ( Not Stapled in Any Case ) at the space provided in the Application Form.
- The candidate should also fill up the data / information at relevant spaces of the Acknowledgement Card, along with their Form Number and the name of the examination.
- In case Application Form is submitted by post, the Acknowledgement Card should bear postage stamps of 5/-.
- Application Form ( Original copy & Photostat copy ), duly filled up along with the documents / testimonials etc., shall have to be submitted in the Commission office at Jammu / Srinagar personally or mailed in the special envelope supplied for the purpose, by registered post on the address of the Secretary, J&K Public Service Commission, Resham Ghar Colony, Jammu / Solina Rambagh Srinagar, before the last date notified for the purpose. The Application Forms, however, received late through Registered post shall be entertained only if these are dispatched three days prior to the last date of notification set for the purpose. Attested copies of documents / testimonials shall be attached with the Photostat copy of the Application Form only.
- A candidate already in Govt. Service in the state shall deposit original copy and one photocopy of his / her Application Form in the Commission Office and route another Photostat copy of the Application Form through the Department. The candidate shall be personally responsible for delivery of this Proper Channel Copy ( Photostat ) in the Commission office within time.
- In case the Commission receives an intimation withholding permission from the employer in respect of the candidate applying for appearing in the Examination his / her Application Form shall be rejected and candidature cancelled. Such a candidate may, however, be allowed to appear in the examination as a fresh candidate subject to the condition that the candidate is otherwise eligible under rules.
Note I : The candidates are advised to write their complete postal addresses including Pin Code to facilitate quick postal deliveries.
8. Last Date for Receipt of JKPSC Range Officer Application Forms 2015 :
- The JKPSC Range Officer Application Forms shall be received at the counters set up for the purpose, in the Commission’s Offices located at Resham Ghar Colony, Bakshi Nagar, Jammu / Solina Rambagh, Srinagar on all working days ( Monday to Friday ) from 10.00 A.M to 4.00 P.M upto 24.09.2015 which shall be the last date.
- Application Forms received after the last date viz. 24.09.2015 will not be entertained, under any circumstances, whatsoever, and all such Application Forms will be deemed to have been rejected without notice.
Note : The candidate should, therefore, ensure that the Application Form reaches the Commission’s Office on or before the prescribed last date.
10. JKPSC Range Officer Centre of Examination 2015 :
- The JKPSC Range Officer Examination will be held at different centres located in Jammu and Srinagar cities.
- The allotment of centres shall be at the sole discretion of the Commission and, once a centre is allotted to a candidate, neither any request for change of centre will be entertained, nor any such communication / request will be replied by the Commission.
- The candidate should carefully mention about his / her choice for the centre viz Srinagar / Jammu while filling the Application Form.
- While every endeavour will be made to allot the candidates the examination centres of their choice viz. Srinagar / Jammu, the Commission may, at their discretion, allot a different centre to a candidate, when circumstances so warrant.
General Instructions for JKPSC Range Officer Exam 2015 :
- Candidates should fill up the Application Form carefully and in their own handwriting.
- No column of Application Form should be left blank.
- Incomplete or incorrectly filled Application Form shall not be entertained. No representation or correspondence regarding such rejection shall be entertained under any circumstances.
- If a candidate receives an Admit Card in respect of some other candidates on account of handling error, the same should be brought to the notice of Commission immediately.
- No candidate will be allowed to take the examination on the basis of an Admit Card issued in respect of another candidate.
- The candidate should also note that their admission at all the stages of examination will be provisional & subject to their fulfilling the prescribed eligibility condition.
- If it comes to the notice of the Commission at any time before or after the Main Examination, or Interview, that a candidate does not fulfil any of the eligibility conditions and the candidate has claimed eligibility based on misrepresentation, fraud or concealment of material fact or impersonation; his / her candidature for the examination shall be cancelled and he / she shall be also liable for prosecution / disciplinary action by the Commission.
- Any change of address given in the Application Form should, at once be communicated to the Controller of Examinations, J&K Public Service Commission.
- Candidates are requested to arrange for the redirection of communications to their new address, if necessary.
- The Commission makes every effort to take account of changes in a candidate’s address but cannot accept any responsibility in the matter.
- Candidates must be in sound bodily health. They must, if selected, be prepared to undergo such medical examination and satisfy such medical authority, as the Government may require.
- Canvassing, in any form, shall disqualify a candidate.
Important Instructions for JKPSC Range Officer Jobs 2015 :
- Candidate must read the detailed instructions for the candidates before filling up of the Application Form. He / she must fill up the form strictly according to the instructions.
- Candidates must ensure that no column of Application Form is left blank or wrongly filled, as information furnished therein would be used for deciding the eligibility of the candidate. Application Form not filled correctly and as per the instructions is liable to be rejected and the onus of such rejection would be on the candidate himself / herself. The Commission will not entertain any claim in respect of such rejection.
- Application Forms should be sent / delivered to the Controller of Examination, J&K Public Service Commission, Resham Ghar Colony, Jammu / Polo Ground Srinagar in accordance with clause 8 of this Notification.
- For any query visit the Commission’s Website www.jkpsc.nic.in or the Commission’s facilitation centre at Jammu / Srinagar or dial Number 2566710 ( Jammu ) and 2310523 ( Srinagar ).