Jammu and Kashmir PSC Recruitment 2014 for Dental Specialist
Jammu & Kashmir Public Service Commission
Resham Garh Colony,
( www.jkpsc.nic.in )
Applications on prescribed form are invited from the permanent residents of Jammu & Kashmir State possessing the prescribed academic qualification and age for the posts of Dental Specialist ( B – Grade Specialist Dentistry ) / Consultant in Health & Medical Education ( Family Welfare ) Department as per the category-wise break-up tabulated below. The posts carry the pay scale of 15600 – 39100 with Grade Pay 6600. The applications complete in all respects and accompanied with the documents detailed hereinafter should reach the office of the J&K Public Service Commission Polo Ground Srinagar / Resham Garh Jammu by or on 30.01.2014. In case it is declared a public holiday the last date for receipt of Application Forms shall be following working day.
1. Category-wise break-up of JKPSC Dental Specialist Post
|Item No.||Name of the Discipline||OM||RBA||SC||ST||ALC||Total|
|128||Dental Specialist ( B - Grade Specialist Dentistry ) / Consultant in H&ME ( Family Welfare ) Department||09||-||-||-||-||09|
2. Prescribed Qualification
|Item No.||Designation||Qualification & Experience|
|128||Dental Specialist ( B - Grade Specialist Dentistry ) / Consultant in H&ME ( FW ) Department||Possession of Post Graduate qualification in Dentistry recognized by Dental Council of India with three ( 03 ) years experience in a responsible position connected with the specialty. Or
Possession of Post Graduate Diploma in Dentistry recognized by Dental Council of India with five ( 05 ) years experience in the profession in a responsible position connected with the specialty.
3. JKPSC Dental Specialist Age Limit 2014
Age as on 1st January 2013 :
Minimum = 18 Years
Maximum = 37 Years
Physically handicapped candidates = 39 years
Candidates belonging to RBA / SC / ST / ALC / SLC categories = 40 years
Candidates in Govt. Service ( in respect of candidates already working in H&ME Department ) = 45 years
Ex-serviceman = 48 years
4. JKPSC Dental Specialist Application Forms :
- JKPSC Dental Specialist Application Forms can be obtained from the office of the J&K Public Service Commission, Polo Ground Srinagar / Resham Ghar Colony, Bakshi Nagar, Jammu on cash payment of 500/- ( excluding processing charges of 10/ ) in respect of General Category candidates and 250/- ( excluding processing charges of 10/- ) in respect of Category candidates through the counters of J&K Bank opened in the offices of J&K Public Service Commission at Polo Ground, Srinagar / Resham Ghar Colony, Bakshi Nagar, Jammu from 9:30 am to 3:00 pm on all working days.
- The OMR Application Forms should be filled up neatly, correctly and completely. A copy of passport size photograph duly attested by the Gazetted Officer should be pasted at the relevant place / space in the Application Form.
- The JKPSC Dental Specialist Application Form complete in all respects should be photo-copied. The photocopies of the certificates / testimonials be attached with photocopy of the Application Form. The OMR Application Form together with the photocopy of the Application Form and enclosures be submitted to the Jammu Kashmir Public Service Commission office in the envelope provided by the J&K Public Service Commission along with the Application Form. Please note that the application form on which correction fluid is applied shall be rejected outrightly.
- The JKPSC Dental Specialist Application Forms complete in all respects must reach the Secretary, J&K Public Service Commission, Polo Ground, Srinagar / Resham Ghar Colony, Bakshi Nagar, Jammu on or before the last date i.e 30.01.2014 in an envelope provided by the Jammu Kashmir Public Service Commission alongwith the Application Form.
- The Jammu Kashmir Public Service Commission will, in no case, be responsible for non-receipt of their Application Forms or any delay in receipt thereof on any account whatsoever. No applications received after 30.01.2014 will be entertained under any circumstances and all the late applications shall be deemed to have been rejected. Applicants should, therefore, ensure that their applications reach the Jammu Kashmir Public Service Commission office on or before 30.01.2014.
- The in-service candidates shall have the certificate from the Head of the Office recorded in the format given at the end of the Scanable Application Form and submit the application form in the J&K Public Service Commission office by or on the last date prescribed viz. 30.01.2014. A photocopy of the said application form shall be routed through their appointing authority.
7. Other Information / Instructions
All applicants must fulfill the essential requirements of the post and other conditions stipulated in the advertisement. They are advised to satisfy themselves before applying that they possess the essential qualifications prescribed for the post. No enquiry for advice as to the eligibility will be entertained.
i. The prescribed qualifications are minimum and mere possession of the same does not entitle the candidates to be called for interview. Further, the summoning of candidates for interview shall convey no assurance, whatsoever, that they will be selected. Appointment order of the selected candidates will be issued by the Government in accordance with the availability of vacancies.
ii. Save as otherwise provided, in any other Act, Rules, or Regulations in force, where the Jammu Kashmir Public Service Commission considers that the number of candidates who have applied for the post to be filled by direct recruitment, on the basis of interview, is large and it is not convenient, or possible, for the Jammu Kashmir Public Service Commission to interview all the candidates, the J&K Public Service Commission may restrict the number of candidates to be called for interview, to a reasonable limit as provided in rule 40 of J&K Public Service Commission ( Business & Procedure Rules ) 1980 by short listing in the manner as indicated below :
a) Short listing through a written Screening Test
Where the number of applicants exceeds 350 against posts not exceeding 100 and where the number of applicants is more than 3 times against vacancies exceeding 100, the short listing in the proportion of 1 ( post ) : 3 ( applicants ) shall be done through a Written Screening Test.
b) Short listing by other methods
When the number of applicants for posts upto 100 is 350 or less, the short listing shall be done in the proportion indicated in the sub joined table on the basis of :
i. Percentage of marks secured in the qualifying examination; and
ii. Higher qualification, if any, in the relevant subject.
|1.||For 1 - 5 post||Five times the number of posts|
|2.||For 6 - 10 posts||Four times the number of posts subject to a minimum of 25|
|3.||For 11 - 100 posts||Three times subject to a minimum of 40|
Provided that the candidate(s) who have secured marks equal to those secured by the last candidate, shall also be called for the Interview over and above the number of candidates short listed according to ii(a) and ii(b) above.
In a situation, when a reserved category candidate secures, merit equal to or above the cut off merit, in open category, such candidates shall also be called for interview in the respective category.
In the shortlisting carried out in the manner indicated at ‘b’ above the weightage for merit in the qualifying examination shall be 90% and for higher qualification in the relevant subject up to 10%
iii. The marks secured by the candidates in the screening test shall not be taken into account for determining the final order of merit.
iv. The place of interview / centre for screening test once chosen by the candidate shall not be changed.
v. Selection of the candidates shortlisted for the interview shall be made in accordance with rule 51 of J&K Public Service Commission.
vi. The summoning of candidates for interview conveys no assurance, whatsoever that they will be selected. Appointment orders to selected candidates will be issued by the Government.
vii. The candidate must be healthy and physically fit. If selected he / she shall be prepared to undergo such medical examination and satisfy such medical authority as the Government may require.
viii. Candidates will be informed of the result of their applications in due course of time and any interim enquiries about the result are, therefore, unnecessary and will not be attended to. The J&K Public Service Commission shall not enter into any correspondence with the candidates about reasons for their non-selection for interview / appointment.
ix. Canvassing, in any form, shall disqualify a candidate.
1. Candidate must read the detailed instructions before filling up of the form. He / She must fill the form strictly according to the instructions.
2. Candidates must ensure that no column is left blank or wrongly filled, as information furnished therein would be used for deciding the eligibility and suitability of the candidate for being called for the interview. Application not filled correctly and as per the instructions is liable to be rejected and the responsibility of such rejection would be on the candidate himself / herself. The Jammu Kashmir Public Service Commission will not entertain any claim in respect of such rejection.
3. Copies of the certificates should be attached in support of the information given in the form, where necessary. Any information contained in the attached certificates shall not be considered unless it is claimed in the Application Form.
4. Fee amount is payable in the shape of Bank Draft drawn from J&K Bank Limited only or by cash at J&K Bank counters opened in P.S.C Offices both at Jammu / Srinagar. No other mode of payment is acceptable.
5. Applications should be sent / delivered to the Secretary J&K Public Service Commission Reshamghar Colony, Bakshi Nagar, Jammu / Polo Ground Srinagar.
6. For any query visit the Jammu Kashmir Public Service Commission’s website ( www.jkpsc.nic.in ) or J&K Public Service Commission’s facilitation centre at Jammu / Srinagar or dial Number 0191 – 2566710 ( Jmu ) and 0194 – 2455089 ( Sgr ).
7. Moreover, in case of clarification, the candidates should mention the Notification No., Item No. and Bar Code No. of the Application Form along with specific information to be sought.