Jammu and Kashmir PSC Recruitment 2013 for Assistant Conservator of Forest ( Soil ), Assistant Research Officer
Jammu and Kashmir Public Service Commission,
Resham Garh Colony,
( www.jkpsc.nic.in )
1. Jammu & Kashmir Public Service Commission invites applications on prescribed form are invited ( from the permanent residents of the J & K State only ) for the posts of Assistant Conservator of Forest ( Soil ), Assistant Research Officer, Fisheries Development Officer / Project Officer & Scientific Assistant in Forest Department as per category-wise breakup, pay scale, educational qualification and age limit given below which should reach the Commission Office J & K Public Service Commission, Resham Ghar Colony, Bakshi Nagar, Jammu / Polo Ground, Srinagar on or before 23.05.2013.
|Item No.||Name of the Discipline||OM||RBA||SC||ST||ALC||SLC||Total|
|46||Assistant Conservator of Forest ( Soil )||01||-||-||-||-||-||01|
|47||Assistant Research Officer||-||01||-||-||-||-||01|
|48||Fisheries Development Officer / Project Officer||-||-||01||-||-||-||01|
J & K PSC Pay scale for Item No. 46 & 48 : ( 9300-34800 with Grade Pay of 4800 )
J & K PSC Pay scale for Item No. 47 : ( 9300-34800 with Grade Pay of 4300 )
J & K PSC Pay scale for Item No. 49 : ( 9300-34800 with Grade Pay of 5200 )
Qualification for J & K PSC Item No. 46 : M.Sc Botany or Chemistry or B.Sc Agriculture Engineering. Preference to be given to candidates with specialization in Soil Conservation.
Qualification for J & K PSC Item No. 47 : B.Sc Agriculture OR M.Sc Botany Or B.Sc Agriculture Engineering.
Qualification for J & K PSC Item No. 48 : “M.F.Sc or M.Sc Fisheries Management or M.Sc Zoology with Ichthyology as a special subject or with specialization in Fish Processing / Preservation Industrial Fisheries from a recognized University / Institute.”
Qualification for J & K PSC Item No. 49 : “Masters Degree in Forestry / Soil Science / Zoology / Botany / Geology / Geography / Hydrology / Limnology / Agriculture / Environment Science / Computer Science with post graduate diploma in Remote Sensing / M.Sc Geo Information / M.Tech. in Remote Sensing from a recognized University.”
Age Limit for J & K PSC Recruitment as on 1st January 2013
Minimum – 18 Years
Maximum – 37 Years
Physically handicapped – 39 years
RBA / SC / ST / ALC / SLC – 40 years
In-service candidates – 40 years
Ex-serviceman – 48 years
2. Application Forms for J & K PSC Recruitments 2013
- J & K PSC application forms 2013 can be obtained from the office of the J & K Public Service Commission, Resham Ghar Colony, Bakshi Nagar, Jammu / Polo Ground Srinagar on cash payment of 500/- ( excluding processing charges of 10/- ) in respect of General Category candidates and 250/- ( Excluding processing charges of 10/- )in respect of Category candidates through the counters of J & K Bank opened in the offices of J & K Public Service Commission at Polo Ground, Srinagar / Resham Ghar Colony, Bakshi Nagar, Jammu.
- The OMR Application Forms for J & K PSC 2013 should neatly and correctly be filled in. A copy of passport size photograph should be pasted at the relevant space in the Application Form and duly attested by the Gazetted Officer.
- The Jammu and Kashmir PSC application form complete in all respects should be photo-copied. The photocopies of the certificates / testimonials be attached with photocopy of the Application Form. The OMR Application Form together with the photocopy of the Application Form and enclosures be submitted to the Commission office in the envelope provided by the Jammu & Kashmir Public Service Commission along with the Application Form.
Note : Application form for J & K vacancies 2013 on which correction fluid is applied, shall be out rightly rejected.
3. The Application Forms for J & K PSC complete in all respects must reach the Secretary, J & K Public Service Commission, Resham Ghar Colony, Bakshi Nagar, Jammu / Polo Ground, Srinagar on or before the last date i.e 23.05.2013 in an envelope provided by the Commission alongwith the Application Form. In case the last date is declared a public holiday, then the last date for receipt of Application Forms shall be the next working day.
Note : Candidates should clearly note that the Jammu & Kashmir Public Service Commission will, in no case, be responsible for non-receipt of their Application Forms or any delay in receipt thereof on any account whatsoever. No application received after 23.05.2013 will be entertained under any circumstances and all the late applications shall be deemed to have been rejected. Applicant should, therefore, ensure that their applications reach the JKPSC Commission’s office on or before 23.05.2013.
Note : The in-service candidates shall submit their Application Forms after a certificate from the Head of the Office is to be recorded in the format given at the end of the Scanable Application Form and submit a photocopy of Scanable Application Form through their appointing authority.
4. Candidates who claim to possess :
If candidates are in possession of the following certificates / testimonials, attach the photo-copies of the same should be attached with the JKPSC Application Form for claiming any benefit at the time of Interview as prescribed in Rule 51 of J & K PSC ( Business & Procedure ) Rules, 1980.
- Distinction in NCC activities ( Holder of grade ‘C’ Certificate ).
- Distinction in sports ( Certificate by Secretary, J & K Sports Council to be an outstanding sports person in terms of J & K ( Appointment of Outstanding Sports Persons ) Rules, 1998 ).
- Experience against the post in a Govt. / Govt. recognized institution including the institutions authorized by ICAR / ICVR / AICTE ( Certified by the Head of Institution and in case of private institutions to be countersigned by the District / Divisional / State authority of the concerned Government Department and / or Director College Development Council / authorized Officer of the University granting affiliation, as the case may be ). The weight-age shall be calculated at 0.25 points for every completed three months should also attach attested copies of the above certificates / testimonials with the Application Form for claiming any benefit at the time of interview as prescribed in Rule 51 of J&K PSC (Business & Procedure) Rules, 1980 amended from time to time.The last date for receipt of applications as indicated above i.e 23.05.2013 shall, for all purposes be the cut off date for determining the eligibility. Experience / improvement in the qualification / marks / additional qualification / distinction in sports / Games / NCC, if any, acquired by the candidate after the last date fixed for receipt of applications, shall not be taken into account nor given any credit.
5. Other Information / Instructions for J & K PSC Recruitment 2013
All applicants must fulfill the essential requirements of the JKPSC post and other conditions stipulated in the J & K PSC 2013 advertisement. They are advised to satisfy themselves before applying that they possess, at least the essential qualifications prescribed for the post. No enquiry for advice as to the eligibility will be entertained.
- The prescribed qualifications are minimum and mere possession of the same does not entitle the candidates to be called for JKPSC interview. Further, the summoning of candidates for interview shall convey no assurance, whatsoever, that they will be selected. Appointment order of the selected candidates will be issued by the Government in accordance with the availability of vacancies.
- Save as otherwise provided, in any other Act, Rules, or Regulations in force, where the Jammu & Kashmir PSC Commission considers that the number of candidates who have applied for the post to be filled by direct recruitment, on the basis of interview, is large and it is not convenient, or possible, for the Commission to interview all the candidates, the Jammu & Kashmir Public Service Commission may restrict the number of candidates to be called for interview, to a reasonable limit as provided in rule 40 of J & K Public Service Commission ( Business & Procedure Rules ) 1980 by shortlisting in the manner as indicated below :
- Short listing through a written Screening Test : Where the number of applicants exceeds 350 against posts not exceeding 100 and where the number of applicants is more than 3 times against vacancies exceeding 100, the short listing in the proportion of 1 ( post ) : 3 ( applicants ) shall be done through a Written Screening Test.
- Short listing by other methods: When the number of applicants for posts upto 100 is 350 or less, the short listing shall be done in the proportion indicated in the sub joined table on the basis of :
- Percentage of marks secured in the qualifying examination; and
- Higher qualification, if any, in the relevant subject.
i For 1-5 Post Five times the number of posts ii For 6-10 Posts Four times the number of posts subject to a minimum of 25. iii For 11 –100 Posts Three times subject to a minimum of 40.
Weightage for merit in the qualifying examination shall be 90% and for higher qualification in the relevant subject up to 10%.
- The marks secured by the candidates in the screening test shall not be taken into for determining the final order of merit.
- The place of interview / centre for screening test once chosen by the candidate shall not be changed in any case at later stage.
- Selections of the candidates shortlisted for the interview shall be made in accordance with rule 51 of J & K Public Service Commission as notified vide Notification No.PSC/Ex/11 dated 30.03.2011.
- The summoning of candidates for interview convey no assurance whatsoever that they will be selected. Appointment orders to selected candidates will be issued by the Government.
- Candidates must be having sound bodily health. They must, if selected be prepared to undergo such medical examination and satisfy such medical authority as the Government may require.
- Candidates will be informed of the result of their applications in due course of time and any interim enquiries about the result are, therefore, unnecessary and will not be attended to. The J & K PSC Commission shall not enter into any correspondence with the candidates about reasons for their nonselection for interview / appointment.
- Canvassing, in any form, shall disqualify a candidate.
Important Note for J & K PSC Recruitment 2013
- Candidate must read the detailed instructions before filling up of the form. He / She must fill the form strictly according to the instructions.
- Candidates must ensure that no column is left blank or wrongly filled, as information furnished therein would be used for deciding the eligibility and suitability of the candidate for being called for the J & K PSC interview. Application not filled correctly and as per the instructions is liable to be rejected and the onus of such rejection would be on the candidate himself / herself. The Commission will not entertain any claim in respect of such rejection.
- Copies of the certificates should be attached in support of the information given in the form, where necessary. Any information contained in the attached certificates shall not be considered unless it is claimed in the Application Form.
- Fee amount is payable in the shape of Bank Draft drawn from J & K Bank Limited only or by cash at J & K Bank counters opened in P.S.C Offices both at Jammu / Srinagar. No other mode of payment is acceptable.
- Jammu & Kashmir PSC applications 2013 should be sent / delivered to the Secretary J & K Public Service Commission Reshamghar Colony, Bakshi Nagar, Jammu / Polo Ground Srinagar.
- For any query visit the Jammu & Kashmir PSC Commission’s Website ( www.jkpsc.nic.in & jkpsc.org ) or Commission’s facilitation centre at Jammu / Srinagar or dial Number 191- 2566710 ( Jmu ) and 194 – 2455089 ( Sgr ).
- Moreover, in case of clarification, the candidates should mention the Notification No., Item No. and Bar Code No. of the Application Form along with specific information to be sought.