Jammu and Kashmir Public Service Commission Online applications are invited from permanent residents of the Jammu and Kashmir State for admission to the J&K Combined Competitive ( Preliminary ) Examination, 2016 in accordance with SRO 387 dated 01.12.2008, read with SRO 190 of 2016 dated 17.06.2016 and J&K Public Service Commission (Conduct of Examination) Rules, 2005 to fill up the posts in the pay scale of 9300-34800 with grade pay 4800 in the below mentioned Services referred by the General Administration Department vide their letter No GAD(Ser)Genl/87/2014 Dated: 17.06.2016.
- Junior Scale of J&K Administrative Service; and
- J&K Police (Gazetted) Service; and
- J&K Accounts (Gazetted) Service.
|Day & Date||Subject|
|12th March, 2017 (Sunday)||Date of J & K Combined Competitive Preliminary Examination (In two Sessions)|
|01st November, 2016||Date of Commencement of J & K Combined Competitive Main Examination|
Details of vacancies to be filled up are as under :-
1. Junior Scale of J&K Administrative Service = 269
2. J&K Police (Gazetted) Service = 02
3. J&K Accounts (Gazetted) Service = 06
Total Number of Vacancies = 277
Service and Category wise breakup of the vacancies is as under :-
|1.||Junior Scale of J&K Administrative Service||153||54||23||25||08||06||269|
|2.||J&K Police (G) Service||-||01||01||-||-||-||02|
|3.||J&K Accounts (G) Service||02||02||-||01||01||-||06|
* 10 posts in the Junior Scale of KAS and 01 post in J&K Accounts (G) are earmarked for selection of Physically Challenged Candidates through Horizontal Reservation in accordance with Govt. Order No. 62-SW of 2001 dated 13.03.2001 read with Govt. Order No.108-SW of 2013 dated 01.04.2013 and Combined Competitive Examination Rules, 2008.
Tentative Schedule of J & K Combined Competitive Preliminary Examinations :
The Jammu and Kashmir Public Service Commission proposes to conduct the Combined Competitive Preliminary and Main Examination as per the following schedules :-
- Date of Preliminary Examination (In two Sessions) : 25/09/2016
- Date of Commencement of Main Examination : 01/11/2016
J&K Combined Competitive Preliminary Exam Pattern 2016
*Combined Competitive (Preliminary) Examination (Objective Type) for the selection of candidates for the main examination; and
*Combined Competitive (Main) Examination (written and interview) for the selection of candidates for the various services and posts.
The preliminary examination will consist of two papers of objective type (multiple choice questions) and carry 450 marks. This examination is meant to serve as a screening test only. The marks obtained in the preliminary examination shall count only for short-listing of the candidates for the Main Examination.
Subject to the minimum qualifying marks as may be fixed by the Commission at its discretion, the number of candidates to be admitted to the Main Examination shall be, as far as practicable, 1/3 rd of the total number of candidates who appeared in the preliminary examination or twenty five times the total number of vacancies to be filled in the various services and posts, whichever be lower.
The Main Examination shall consist of a written test and an interview. The written test shall consist of question papers of descriptive type, out of which one paper shall be of qualifying nature only, from the subjects.
Candidates who obtain such minimum qualifying marks in written part of the Main Examination as may be fixed by the Commission in any or all the papers at their discretion shall be summoned by them for interview.
Note : The interview test is intended to judge the mental caliber of a candidate. In broad terms, this is really an assessment of not only his intellectual qualities but also social traits and his interest in current affairs. Some of the qualities to be judged are mental alertness, critical powers of assimilation, clear and logical expositions, balance of judgement, variety and depth of interest, ability for social cohesion and leadership, intellectual and moral integrity.
A candidate who fails to secure such minimum number of marks as are fixed by the Commission in their discretion in more than one subject shall not be eligible to be called for interview.
Preliminary Exam Scheme
The examination will consist of two papers.
Paper I – General Studies : 150 marks
Paper II – One subject to be selected from the list of optional subjects : 300 marks
Total : 450 marks
List of Optional Subjects :
Agriculture, Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Civil Engineering, Commerce, Economics, Electrical Engineering, Geography, Geology, Indian History, Law, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Philosophy, Physics, Political Science, Psychology, Public Administration, Sociology, Statistics, Zoology.
Main Exam Scheme
The written examination shall consist of the following papers :
Paper I : General English : 300 marks
Paper II : Essay in English : 150 marks
Paper III & IV : General Studies : 300 marks (for each paper )
Papers V, VI, Any two subjects to be VII & VIII selected from the optional subjects.
After successful submission of the online application form, a challan will be generated indicating therein the basic details of the candidate which inter-alia shall indicate the amount of fee to be deposited in the J&K Bank branch as given below :-
- General Category = 1005
- Reserved Categories/PHC = 505
The amount of fee payable shall include 05/- as service charges for the J&K Bank.
Date of J & K Combined Competitive Preliminary Examination :
- The date of holding the examination shall not be changed unless required for any unavoidable reasons which shall be at the discretion of the Commission.
- Change, if any as such, in the date of examination shall be notified accordingly.
J&K Combined Competitive Preliminary Examination 2016 Important
1. The Commission has developed an online Application Form for the Combined Competitive (Preliminary) Examination. The Application Form together with instructions for filling up the Application Forms will be available on the website of the Commission from 22nd June, 2016.
2. Candidates are advised to go through the instructions and all the eligibility conditions prescribed for the examination carefully before filing the online Application Form.
3. Last date for filing of online Application complete in all respects is 22nd July, 2016.
4. Last date for submission of fee / bank challan is 25th July, 2016.