Jammu and Kashmir Public Service Commission,
Srinagar – 190 009.
Website : http://www.jkpsc.nic.in
- The Commission has developed an online Application Form for the Combined Competitive ( Main ) Examination. The Application Form together with instructions for filling up the Application Forms will be available at the website of the Commission from 15.10.2015.
- Syllabus for the ( Main ) Examination as contained in SRO 387 of 2008 dated 01.12.2008 as amended from time to time has already been provided to the candidates at the time of filling up of the forms for the ( Preliminary ) Examination. However a copy of SRO 387 in the downloadable format is also available on the website.
- Candidates are advised to go through the instructions and all the eligibility conditions prescribed for the examination before filling up of the online Application Forms.
- Last date for filing of online Application complete in all respects is 31.10.2015.
- Last date for submission of fee / bank challan is 02.11.2015.
- Candidates will also be required to submit in person or by the registered / speed post a hard copy of the downloaded online application form, alongwith copy of the bank challan duly stamped by the J&K Bank Branch concerned and the other requisite documents within five days after depositing fee, in the Office of the Public Service Commission at Solina, Srinagar or Reshamgarh Colony, Bakshi Nagar, Jammu as the case may be.
- The Commission will not be responsible for any postal / courier delays after the above prescribed last date.
- Date of commencement for submission of online applications = 15.10.2015
- Last date for submission of online applications = 31.10.2015
- Last date for submission of fee / bank challan = 02.11.2015
1. Online applications are invited from permanent residents of the Jammu and Kashmir State for admission to the J&K Combined Competitive ( Main ) Examination, 2014 in accordance with SRO 387 dated 01.12.2008, read with SRO 62 of 2014 dated 11.03.2014 and J&K Public Service Commission ( Conduct of Examination ) Rules, 2005 to fill up the posts in the below mentioned Services :
- Junior Scale of J & K Administrative Service; and
- J & K Police ( Gazetted ) Service; and
- J & K Accounts ( Gazetted ) Service.
2. Details of vacancies to be filled up are as under :
Total Number of Vacancies : 51
- Junior Scale of J & K Administrative Service = 33
- J & K Police ( Gazetted ) Service = 16
- J & K Accounts ( Gazetted ) Service = 02
Service and Category wise break up of the vacancies is as under :
|1.||Junior Scale of J & K Administrative Service||20||06||02||04||01||-||33|
|2.||J & K Police ( G ) Service||09||03||01||02||01||-||16|
|3.||J & K Accounts ( G ) Service||02||-||-||-||-||-||02|
* Two posts each in Junior Scale of the J & K Administrative Service is earmarked for selection of Physically challenged candidates through Horizontal Reservation in accordance with Govt. Order No.62-SW of 2001 dated 13.03.2001 read with Govt. Order No.108-SW of 2013 dated 01.04.2013 and Combined Competitive Examination Rules, 2008.
3. Scheme of Examination : The Combined Competitive ( Main ) Examination 2014 shall consist of two successive stages – written test and interview. Only those candidates who have been declared by the Commission, to have qualified the Preliminary Examination vide PSC Notification No. PSC/EX-15/47 dated 05.10.2015, are eligible for admission to the Main Examination subject to their eligibility in accordance with the rules which is further subject to the scrutiny of the documents at the time of depositing of the hard copy of the downloaded online application forms and at any stage which the Commission may deem fit and expedient.
The candidates shortlisted based on Preliminary Examination, besides, applying through online mode for the Combined Competitive ( Main ) Examination, 2014, shall also be required to submit a hard copy of the form alongwith the following documents in the offices of the Commission located at Jammu and Srinagar as the case may be ;
- Matriculation or Secondary School Leaving Certificate as proof of date of birth;
- Educational qualification certificate;
- Permanent Residence Certificate;
- Certificate of belonging to RBA / SC / ST / ALC / OSC / PHC.
- Certificate of holding of a civil post under the state as required, under SRO 387 dated 01.12.2008, for seeking age relaxation, ( if relevant ).
- PHC category candidates should furnish the disability certificate on the proforma appended to this notification.
- Character Certificate issued by the Head of the Education Institute or by University last attended by the candidate or by any Gazetted Officer of the state.
- In case of a candidate already in Government Service, a character certificate issued by the concerned Head of the Office.
Application forms without these documents shall be considered incomplete and liable to rejection.
Note 1 : Copies of documents submitted by the applicant should bear the self-attestation by the candidate.
Note 2 : The candidates are advised to write their complete postal address including Pin Code to facilitate quick postal deliveries.
After successful submission of the online application form, a challan will be generated indicating the basic details of the candidate which inter-alia shall indicate the amount of fee to be deposited in the J&K Bank branch as given below :
- General Category = 505/-
- Reserved Categories = 255/-
The amount of fee payable shall include 05/- as service charges for the J&K Bank.
Candidates are advised to deposit the fee at any J&K Bank Branch on the next day of filing up of online application form.
5. Date of Examination :
- The Mains Examination will be held from 23rd of November, 2015 at Jammu & Srinagar simultaneously as per date sheet to be notified separately by the Commission.
- The date of holding the examination shall not be changed unless required for any unavoidable reasons which shall be at the discretion of the Commission.
- Change, if any as such, in the date of examination shall be notified accordingly.