HPPSC State Eligibility Test SET Exam Scheme 2016 – HPPSC SET Exam Date
5. HPPSC SET Exam Scheme and Date of Test 2016 :
The HPPSC State Eligibility Test 2016 will consist of three papers. All the three papers will consist of only objective type questions and will be held in the month of May / June, 2016 ( Sunday ) one day in two separate sessions as under :
|Session||Paper||Marks||Number of Question||Duration|
|First||I||100||60 out of which 50 questions to be attempted||75 Minutes ( 10 AM to 11:15 AM ).|
|First||II||100||50 questions all are compulsory||75 Minutes ( 11:30 AM to 12:45 PM ).|
|Second||III||150||75 questions all are compulsory||150 Minutes ( 2:30 PM to 5:00 PM )|
Paper – I : Shall be of general nature, intended to assess the teaching / research aptitude of the candidate. It will primarily be designed to test reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness of the candidate. Sixty ( 60 ) multiple choice questions of two marks each will be given, out of which the candidate would be required to answer any fifty ( 50 ). In the event of the candidate attempting more than fifty questions, the first fifty questions attempted by the candidate would be evaluated.
Paper – II : Shall consist of 50 objective type compulsory questions based on the subject selected by the candidate. Each question will carry 2 marks.
Paper – III : Will consist of 75 objective compulsory questions from the subject selected by the candidate. Each question will carry 2 marks. All questions of Paper – II and Paper – III will be compulsory, covering entire syllabus ( including all electives, without options. )
The candidate will have to mark the responses for questions of Paper – I, Paper – II and Paper – III on the Optical Mark Reader ( OMR ) sheet provided by the Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission.
6. Procedure & Criteria for HPPSC SET Declaration of Result 2016
This will comprise of following steps :
Step I : Minimum marks to be obtained in SET for considering a candidate for eligibility for HPPSC Assistant Professor :
The candidates are required to obtain following minimum marks separately in Paper – I, Paper – II and Paper – III as given below :
|Category||Minimum Marks ( % ) to be Obtained|
|Paper - I||Paper - II||Paper - III|
|General||40 ( 40% )||40 ( 40% )||75 ( 50% )|
|PWD / SC / ST / OBC ( Non- creamy layer )||35 ( 35% )||35 ( 35% )||60 ( 40% )|
Step II : Amongst those candidates who have cleared step I, a merit list will be prepared subject-wise and category-wise using the aggregate marks of all the three papers secured by such candidates.
Step III : Top 15% candidates ( for each subject and category ), from the merit list mentioned under step II, will be declared SET qualified for recruitment to the post of Assistant Professor(s).
It may be noted that the above qualifying criteria decided by UGC / State Agency is final and binding.
7. Provision for Persons with Disability ( Including Visually Challenged Candidates )
- Twenty five minutes compensatory time shall be provided for Paper – I and Paper – II separately. For Paper – III, fifty minutes compensatory time shall be provided. These candidates, on their request will also be provided the services of the scribe who would be a graduate in a subject other than that of the candidate.
- The Persons with Disability ( Physically Challenged ) candidates who are not in a position to write in their own hand-writing can also avail these services of scribe by making prior request ( at least one week before the date of SET ) in writing to the member secretary ( SET ) / concerned Centre Superintendent. Compensatory time and facility of scribe would not be provided to other Persons with Disability ( Physically Challenged ) candidates.
- The candidate has the discretion of opting for his / her own scribe or has to request the concerned Centre Superintendent for the same in writing at least one week in advance of the test. In such instances the candidate is allowed to meet the scribe a day before the examination so as to verify whether the scribe is suitable or not. Those candidates who opt for their own scribe have to produce the scribe before the concerned Centre Superintendent alongwith his / her certificates educational qualifications at least one day before the test.
8. Syllabus of HPPSC SET Test 2016 : All questions of Paper – II and Paper – III will be compulsory, covering entire syllabus ( including all electives, without options ). The syllabi for all the subjects are that of UGC which can be downloaded from H.P. Public Service Commission website www.hp.gov.in/hppsc. The syllabi can also be downloaded from UGC website www.ugc.ac.in. This agency will not supply the copies of syllabus to the individual candidates.
In case of any discrepancy found in the English and Hindi versions, the questions in English version shall be taken as final.
9. Examination Fee for HPPSC SET Exam 2016
|2.||Other Backward Class ( Non-Creamy Layer ) As per the Central / State List of OBC available on the NCBC website : www.ncbc.nic.in.||350/-|
|3.||SC / ST / Person with Disability ( PWD - Gen, PWD - SC, PWD - ST & PWD - OBC )||175/-|
HPPSC SET Exam Mode of Fee Payment 2016
Candidates can pay requisite examination fee either through ‘e-challan’ or through ‘e-payment’ option.
- The candidates can deposit the requisite examination fees at any branch of Punjab National Bank through ‘e-challan’ generated through the website of the Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission, i.e www.hp.gov.in/hppsc. Thereafter, the candidates are required to visit again the above mentioned website to access the home page of the “Online Application Filing System” by entering User ID and Password earlier created by the candidates on or before the last date. Click on “Fee Details” and enter the details of “Branch Code / Name, Transaction Number and Date of Deposit” & then click on “Update Fee Details”.
- The candidates can also pay requisite examination fees through Debit or Credit card of any Bank. Before applying online, all candidates are advised to go through detailed instructions given on the above mentioned website.
7. How to Apply for HPPSC SET Exam 2016 :
Candidates are required to visit at HPPSC www.hp.gov.in/hppsc and click the link to Apply Online for State Eligibility Test. Detailed instructions for filling up Online Applications are available on the above mentioned website. The candidates already registered with HPPSC for other examinations / test need not to register again and they may use said User ID and Password for applying online for HPPSC SET Exam 2016.
General Instructions for HPPSC SET Exam 2016 :
- The candidate must read the conditions of eligibility at Item No. 3 carefully and must satisfy themselves regarding their eligibility for the SET Test before filling the online applications.
- The candidates are required to bring a photo identity card alongwith their printout of online admission card on the day of examination.
- The Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission may change SET Examination Centre / date of examination without assigning any reason.
- No TA will be paid to the candidates.
- Canvassing in any form will disqualify the candidate.
- The use of calculators or log tables is not permitted. Mobile phones, pagers, electronic devices etc. are not allowed in the Examination Hall / Room.
- A candidate who does not appear in Paper – I, will not be permitted to appear in Paper – II and Paper – III.
- Physically / Visually handicapped candidates who are not in position to write in their own hand writing can avail the services of scribers by making prior request to the Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission at least one week before the commencement of the written test.
- The candidate should ensure that his category code in answer sheet is the same as he / she has claimed in the application form. No change in this regard will be accepted by the Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission at later stage.
- No candidate shall be allowed to go outside the examination hall / room for any purpose without prior permission of the Centre Superintendent. Smoking and taking Tea in examination hall / room is also strictly prohibited.
- Candidate will not be allowed to write any question from the Test Booklet on the Admission Card or on any other paper.
- Candidates should ensure that the signatures appended and photographs pasted by them in all the places, viz., in their Application Form, Attendance Slip and Admission Card should be identical and there should be no variation of any kind.
- The candidates in their own interest are requested to retain a photocopy of the Application Form for their record.
- Application Form must be completed in all respects as per the Notification.
- No candidate will be allowed to leave the examination hall / room before 12.15 P.M. in the 1st session and 4.30 P.M. in the 2nd session.
- The candidates are being provided Carbonless OMR Answer Sheets to attempt the answers. They have to return the original OMR sheet ( upper part of pink colour ) of Paper I, Paper II and Paper III to the Invigilator(s) before leaving the examination hall / room. The candidates are allowed to take away the Test Booklets of Paper I, II and III alongwith duplicate ( Carbonless copy of green colour ) OMR Sheet on conclusion of the examination.
- The detailed instructions for the candidates will be uploaded on the official website of the Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission alongwith admission letters. It may be noted that instructions to candidates will not be sent to the concerned by post.
- The decision of the Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission shall be final in all matters.
- There is no negative marking for incorrect answers.
- No change of examination centre will be allowed.
- The result of the SET will be made available on the website of the Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission as and when it is declared. The candidates will not be individually intimated about their result.
- SET qualified candidates shall become eligible to apply for the post of Assistant Professor ( College Cadre ) only in the University / Colleges belonging to Himachal Pradesh State.
Important Note :
After the deceleration of SET result qualified candidates have to furnish photostat copies of their testimonials Viz. matriculation / post graduation / category to which they belong, in the office of H.P. Public Service Commission enabling to determine their eligibility for issuing SET qualified certificate. Disputes, if any, shall be subject to court jurisdiction at Shimla.