HPPSC Recruitment Exam Eligibility 2014 for Director & Deputy Director – HPSSC Director Job
Category Claims : The category once claimed by the candidate(s) will not be allowed to change after the conduct of Screening Test for the concerned post(s). Where the direct interview(s) will be conducted, candidates can apply for change of his / her category seven days prior to the commencement of interview(s). The S.C. of Himachal Pradesh / S.T. of Himachal Pradesh / O.B.C. of Himachal Pradesh / WFF of Himachal Pradesh / Ex-Servicemen of Himachal Pradesh and Physically Disabled of Himachal Pradesh candidates must possess such certificates(s) in support of their claims made in the Online Recruitment Application(s) ( ORA ) while applying for the concerned post(s).
The benefit of reservation will be admissible on parental basis only. All the candidates belonging to reserved categories are also required to go through the relevant instructions of the Government of Himachal Pradesh issued from time to time in order to ensure that they are eligible under a particular category.
1. Ex-Servicemen of Himachal Pradesh : The candidates belonging to Ex-Servicemen of Himachal Pradesh will have to furnish discharge certificate and full detail in respect of their P.P.O. No., Rank, and date of retirement from the Defence Services to claim the benefit of reservation for the category of Ex-Serviceman of Himachal Pradesh. The Ex-servicemen candidates of Himachal Pradesh must go through the relevant Rules and instructions of the reservation notified / issued by Himachal Pradesh Government from time to time in order to ensure their eligibility for admission to the concerned examination(s).
2. Wards of Ex-Servicemen of Himachal Pradesh : Generally, Wards of Ex-Servicemen of Himachal Pradesh ( sons, daughters of Ex-Servicemen of Himachal Pradesh ) erroneously claim their category as Ex-Servicemen of Himachal Pradesh, but it is made clear that benefit of reservation against the post(s) reserved for Ex-Servicemen of Himachal Pradesh is strictly admissible to Ex-Servicemen ( of Himachal Pradesh ) themselves only and not to their wards ( sons / daughters ) in these services. Therefore, wards of Ex-Servicemen of Himachal Pradesh will have to mention their respective category(s) to which they belong in order to avoid rejection of their candidature for the concerned post(s) at any later stage.
3. OBC of H.P. ( Other Backward Classes of Himachal Pradesh ) : The candidates belonging to OBC of H.P. category must produce OBC certificate(s) on the prescribed format, which should not be more than two years old at the time of last date fixed for submission of Online Recruitment Application alongwith latest affidavit duly attested by the authority authorized under the Indian Oath Act stating that his / her status as OBC has not been changed and he / she has not been excluded from the category of O.B.C. of H.P. on account of being covered under creamy layer. Such certificate should be based on the lineage of parental family, failing which such candidate(s) will not be allowed to appear in the viva-voce / interview.
4. WFF of H.P. ( Wards of Freedom Fighters of Himachal Pradesh ) : For the posts reserved for Wards of Freedom Fighters of Himachal Pradesh ( WFF of H.P. ), sons / grandsons / daughters / grand daughters of Freedom Fighters of Himachal Pradesh, who have been appointed on regular basis as well as married daughters / grand daughters shall not be entitled for the benefits of reservation provided to the wards of Freedom fighters in Government services, against the identical posts in the same scale. The employed children / grand children and married daughters / grand daughters of Freedom Fighters will be deemed to have been excluded from the definition of Freedom Fighter for the purpose to this extent.
The children / grand children of Freedom fighters of Himachal Pradesh, who have been appointed in Govt. / Semi Govt. or Private Sector etc. services against the post(s) reserved for the wards of Freedom Fighters on regular basis will remain entitled to compete for higher rank / grade posts / services on the basis of reservation earmarked to the wards of Freedom Fighters of Himachal Pradesh. The un-married daughters / grand daughters will have to submit an affidavit being spinster ( un-married ) in support of their claim(s) issued by the authority authorized under the Indian Oath Act. Otherwise such candidates will be rejected straightway.
Eligibility Conditions for HPPSC Recruitment Jobs 2014 :
- The date of determining the eligibility of all candidates in terms of essential qualification, experience etc. shall be reckoned as on the closing date for submitting the Online Recruitment Applications ( ORA ) on the website http://hp.gov.in/hppsc, i.e. 2nd January 2015.
- The decision of the Himachal Pradesh PSC Commission regarding eligibility etc. of a candidate for admission to viva-voce / Personality Test or selection will be final and no correspondence / personal enquiries will be entertained.
- Onus of proving that a candidate has acquired requisite degree / essential qualification by the stipulated date is on the candidate and in the absence of proof to the contrary, the date as mentioned on the face of certificate / degree or the date of issue of certificate / degree shall be taken as date of acquiring essential qualification. No extra opportunity shall be provided to the candidates to produce appropriate certificates at the time of interview.
- In respect of equivalent clause in Essential Qualifications, if a candidate is claiming a particular qualification as equivalent qualification as per the requirement of advertisement, then the candidate is required to produce order / letter in this regard, indicating the Authority ( with number and date ) under which it has been so treated otherwise the Online Recruitment Application is liable to be rejected.
Age Limit for HPPSC Recruitment 2014 : As mentioned against each post.
- Five years relaxation in upper age limit is admissible only to the bonafide SC of H.P. / ST of H.P. / OCB of H.P. / WFF of H.P. / Persons with disabilities of Himachal Pradesh. For H.P. Govt. employees and Ex-servicemen of H.P.; age relaxation is as per Government’s instructions issued from time to time.
- Age of a candidate shall be reckoned as on 01.01.2014.
Syllabus for Screening Test(s) for the Concerned Post(s) :
In cases, where screening test will be conducted to shortlist the candidates for the concerned post(s); the syllabus will be as under :
- 80 questions as per essential qualification(s) prescribed in the advertisement against each post.
- 10 questions consisting General Knowledge of Himachal Pradesh.
- 10 questions consisting of General Knowledge of National / International affairs.
Screening Test / Examination / Viva-Voce Test :
- In cases where the number of eligible candidates for recruitment to the post(s) advertised by the Commission is inordinately large, the Commission may limit / shortlist the number of eligible candidates to be called for interviews by subjecting them to a screening test ( objective-type / descriptive ) of two hours duration. Final selection of a candidate will be made solely on the basis of his / her performance in the viva-voce test / interview, which will be of maximum 100 marks. The minimum pass marks in interview are 45 for the candidates of general category and 35 marks for the candidates of reserved categories.
- Where selection is to be made on the basis of performance of the candidates having qualified the screening test, before the interview board, a candidate scoring more marks in the interview shall be placed above the candidates scoring lesser marks in the interview. If the candidates will score equal marks in an interview, then a candidate securing more marks in the screening test will be placed above the candidate securing lesser marks in the screening test. In case the marks of screening test are equal then the candidate, who is senior in age will be placed above the candidate, who is junior in age. Where selection is to be made purely on the basis of performance of the candidates before the interview board, a candidate scoring more marks in the interview shall be placed above the candidates scoring lesser marks in the interview. If the candidates will score equal marks in an interview, then a candidate who is senior in age will be placed above the candidate junior in age.
- The key of each screening test ( objective type ) will be uploaded on the website after freezing the answer sheets of the candidates for calling objections from the candidates. Seven days’ time shall be given for inviting objections, if any, in the key. The objections will be got verified from the concerned subject expert and, if found correct, a revised key of that screening test shall be uploaded on the website.
- For more information of candidates, Rules of Business of H.P. Public Service Commission pertaining to selection procedure etc. is available on the website of the Commission, i.e. www.hp.gov.in/hppsc
- The eligibility of candidate(s) called for the interview will be determined on the basis of original documents produced on the day of interview and the Commission will not be responsible if the candidature of any candidate is rejected at that stage or at the time of verification by the appointing authority. As such, admission to the screening test / examination / interview shall be purely provisional.
- The summoning of the candidate(s) for viva-voce test; conveys no assurance whatsoever that they will be selected or recommended. Appointment orders to the selected candidate(s) will be issued by the Government of H.P. ( in the concerned Department ).
- If any visually impaired candidate requires scribes, he / she has to request for the same in writing to the HPPSC Commission immediately after receipt of his / her roll number. Such applications will be entertained on merit and as per the rules.
- Re-checking / re-evaluation, for the written examination / Screening Tests will not be allowed in any case.
- Disputes, if any, shall be subject to Court jurisdiction at Shimla.
Other Conditions for HPPSC Recruitment Exam 2014 :
- All candidates, whether in Government Service or Government owned Industrial or Public Enterprises or other similar organizations or in private employment should submit their applications online directly to the Commission. Persons already in regular Government service, whether in a permanent or temporary capacity are required to submit a declaration that they have informed in writing to their Head of Office / Department that they have applied for a particular post. In case, a communication is received from their employer by the Commission withholding permission to any candidate applying for / appearing for the examination, his / her application(s) will be liable to be rejected.
- Casual/ adhoc / daily rated/ work charged employees do not need to produce NOC from the concerned employer
- In Government service (regular service) candidates may apply to the Commission along with requisite examination fees with information to their Head of Departments / Employer for issuing NOC. Any candidates, who are in regular Government Service or Government owned Industrial service, will not be interviewed unless he/she produces NOC from the concerned employer.
- It may be ensured by the candidates before submitting the applications that furnishing of false information and documents or suppression of any factual information in the application form would entail disqualification. If the fact that false information / document(s) has been furnished or that there has been suppression of any factual information in the application; comes to the notice at any time during the service of a person, his service would be liable to be terminated.
- The applicant shall upload his / her latest photograph in the space provided in the application form. He / she is also required to paste a similar photograph on the Identity Card portion of his / her e-Admission Letter, which will be downloaded by the candidates from the website of the Commission for appearing in the Screening Test / examination.
- The candidates applying for the post(s) should ensure that they fulfill all the eligibility conditions for admission to the examination. Their admission at all stages of screening test / examination for which they are admitted by the Commission viz., written examination and viva-voce test will be purely provisional, subject to their satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions. If on verification at any time before or after the written examination or interview test, it is found that they do not fulfill any of the eligibility conditions; their candidature for the examination will be cancelled by the Commission.
- The HPPSC Exam Centres of holding the examination are liable to be changed at the discretion of the Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission. However, every effort will be made to allot the examination centre(s) of their choice to the candidates. But, the Commission may, at its discretion, allot a different centre to a candidate when circumstances so warrant.