Syllabii for Main ( Narrative ) Examination will be as follows :
Paper – I ( Civil Law – I )
Code of Civil Procedure. Indian Evidence Act, Indian Stamp Act, Himachal Pradesh Courts Act, 1976 and Specific Relief Act.
Paper – II ( Civil Law – II )
Indian Contract Act, Hindu Law, Indian Limitation Act, Transfer of Property Act and H.P. Urban Rent Control Act.
Paper – III ( Criminal Law )
Indian Penal Code, Criminal Procedure Code, Chapter – XVII ( section 138 to 143 ) of the Negotiable Instruments Act, H.P Excise Act 2011 as applicable to the State of H.P., Wild Life Protection Act and Indian Forest Act.
Paper – IV ( English Composition )
A Choice from three Essays on General Subjects.
|Translation of Hindi Passage into English||50 Marks|
( The standard for the English paper shall be that of graduation examination of Himachal Pradesh University. )
Paper – V ( Language )
Hindi ( in Devanagri Script ) No books prescribed. The paper of Hindi will comprise of the following :
|Translation of English passage into Hindi||30 Marks|
|Essay in Hindi on any topic out of three||50 Marks|
|Composition ( Idioms and Corrections etc. )||20 Marks|
( The standard for the language paper shall be that of Matriculation examination of the Himachal Pradesh Board of School Education ).
- Bare copies of legislative enactments only will be supplied.
- Each paper will last for three hours. Paper I to IV will carry 200 marks each and Paper V 100 marks.
- Candidates who qualify the HPPSC Main written examination, will be required to appear at such place, as may be fixed by the Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission, for a viva-voce test. The maximum marks for the viva-voce shall be 100. The marks obtained in the viva-voce will be added to the marks obtained in the HPPSC Judicial Service Main written examination for purpose of selection of the candidates.
- The summoning of the candidates for viva-voce test conveys no assurance whatsoever that they will be selected or recommended. Appointment orders to the selected candidates will be issued by the Government.
Other Conditions for HPPSC Judicial Service Examination 2014
- The HPPSC Commission reserves the right to allot any Centre of HPPSC Judicial Service examination to any candidate. No request for change of centre will be entertained. The main written examination will be conducted at Shimla.
- The inclusion of a candidate in the list of successful candidates shall not confer any right to appointment unless the Government is satisfied after such inquiry as may be considered necessary that the candidate is suitable in all respects for appointment in service before actual offer for appointment is made. The selected candidates will also be subjected to a Medical Examination in accordance with guidelines prescribed by the Hon’ble High Court under Rule – 9 of H.P. Judicial Service Rules, 2004 read with Regulation ’8′ of the H.P. Judicial Service ( Syllabus and Allocation of Marks ) Regulations, 2013.
- The candidates, who may be admitted to the HPPSC Civil Judge examination, will have to write in their own hand. In no case can an amanuensis be allowed.
- The Himachal Pradesh Commission does not supply any articles of stationery except authorised Computerised Answer Sheet for preliminary examination and Answer Books, continuation sheets for use in the HPPSC Civil Judge main written examination. Items such as pen, Ink, whatsoever needed have to be brought by the examinees themselves.
- Re-evaluation or rechecking of Answer Sheets / Answer Books ( Scripts ) is not permissible nor the HPPSC Commission enters into correspondence in this regard.
- It may be ensured by the candidates before submitting the applications for HPPSC Judicial Service Exam 2014 that furnishing of false information and documents or suppression of any factual information in the application form would entail disqualification. If the fact that false information / document(s) has been furnished or that there has been suppression of any factual information in the HPPSC application comes to notice at any time during the service of a person, his service would be liable to be terminated. No columns should be left blank in the application form.
- In case candidate has any doubt or objection about any question(s) in the question paper, he / she is advised to give a representation, in writing immediately after the HPPSC Civil Judge examination is over ( the same day ) in the name of the Secretary, H.P. Public Service Commission to the centre supervisor and no representation shall be entertained thereafter.