Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission State Eligibility Test ( SET ) 2016 – HPPSC SET Exam Scheme
( Accredited by University Grants Commission )
Closing date for submission of online applications through website is upto 17.12.2015 till 11:59 P.M. After which the link will be disabled.
- The Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission ( Authorized Agency ) announces holding of State Eligibility Test ( SET ) in the month of May / June 2016 ( Sunday ) for determining the Eligibility for recruitment to the post(s) of Assistant Professor(s) in universities and colleges located within the State of Himachal Pradesh. The HPPSC SET test 2016 will be conducted in 19 subjects as listed below at various examination centres located at i.e. Shimla, Solan, Mandi and Kangra.
- The candidates applying should ensure that they fulfill all eligibility conditions for admission to the State Eligibility Test ( SET ) 2016. Their admission at all the stages of the HPPSC SET will be purely provisional subject to satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions. Mere issue of Admission Certificate to the candidate will not imply that his / her candidature has been finally cleared by the Commission. Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission takes up verification of eligibility conditions with reference to original documents only after the candidate has qualified for Test.
- The candidates must read the instructions carefully, which are available on the website of the Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission, i.e. http://hp.gov.in/hppsc/ before filling up Online Recruitment Application Forms.
- Incomplete Online Applications submitted without requisite examination fee, scanned photograph & scanned signatures of prescribed size, will be rejected straightway.
- Facilitation Counter for Guidance of Candidates : In case of any guidance / information / clarification regarding their applications, candidature etc. candidates can contact HPPSC’s Help Centre over Telephone Nos. 0177 – 2629738, 2624313 and 1800-180-8004 ( Toll Free ) on working days between 10.00 hrs to 17.00 hrs.
- Scheduled Caste ( SC ) / Scheduled Tribe ( ST ) / Persons with Disability ( PWD ), Other Backward Classes ( OBC ) ( Non creamy layer ), as per the Central / State list of Other Backward Classes available on National Commission for Backward Classes ( NCBC ), Government of India website : www.ncbc.nic.in, candidates will be given such special concessions as may be decided by the HPPSC Commission.
- After the deceleration of SET result qualified candidates have to furnish Photostat copies of their testimonials viz. Matriculation / Post Graduation / Category to which they belong, in the office of H.P. Public Service Commission enabling to determine their eligibility for issuing SET qualified certificate.
1. List of Subjects for HPPSC SET 2016 :
- Chemical Sciences
- Life Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- Physical Education
- Political Science
- Public Administration
- Computer Application
- Tourism Administration & Management
- Journalism & Mass Communication.
2. HPPSC SET Age Limit & Relaxation 2016 : There is no upper age limit to apply for appearing in SET.
3. HPPSC SET Condition of Eligibility 2016 :
- Candidates who have secured at least 55% marks ( without rounding off ) in Master’s Degree Or equivalent examination from universities / institutions recognised by UGC in Humanities ( including languages ) and Social Sciences, Computer Science & Applications, Electronic Science etc. are eligible for HPPSC SET Test. The Scheduled Caste ( SC ) / Scheduled Tribe ( ST ) / Other Backward Classes ( Non-creamy layer ) / Persons with Disability ( PWD ) category candidates who have secured at least 50% marks ( without rounding off ) in Master’s degree or equivalent examination are eligible for this Test.
- Candidates who have appeared or will be appearing at the qualifying Master’s degree ( final year ) examination and whose result is still awaited Or candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for HPPSC SET Test 2016. However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and shall be considered eligible for the post of Assistant Professor in the Universities / Colleges situated in the state, only after they have passed their Master’s degree examination or equivalent with at least 55% marks ( 50% marks in case of SC / ST / OBC ( Non – creamy layer / PWD ( Persons with disability ) category candidates ). Such candidates must complete their P.G. degree examination within two years from the date of SET result with required percentage of marks, failing which they shall be treated as disqualified.
- The Ph.D. degree holders whose Master’s level examination had been completed by 19th September, 1991 ( irrespective of date of declaration of result ) shall be eligible for a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks ( i.e. from 55% to 50% ) for appearing in Himachal Pradesh SET 2016.
- Candidates are advised to appear in the subject of their post-graduation only. In case the subject of a candidate is not included in the list of HPPSC SET subjects, the candidate may appear in UGC NET / UGC-CSIR NET which is held twice a year. ( for instance the candidates having post graduation degree in Acharya ( Traditional Sanskrit ) are not eligible to appear in Sanskrit subject ).
- Concession of Fee is only for SC / ST / OBC ( Non-creamy layer ) candidates of Himachal Pradesh. Candidates belonging to SC / ST / OBC ( Non-creamy layer ) category must ensure that their certificate of respective category is on parental lineage issued by the competent authority. The candidates are not required to submit any certificates / documents in support of their eligibility. Therefore, the candidates must ensure themselves about their eligibility for the SET Test. In the event of any wrong information supplied on online applications or any ineligibility being detected by the Commission at any stage, their candidature shall be cancelled and they shall be liable for legal action.
- Candidates having post-graduate diploma / certificate awarded by Indian University / Institute or foreign degree / diploma / certificate awarded by the Foreign University / Institute should in their own interest, ascertain the equivalence of their degree / diploma / certificate with Master’s degree of recognized Indian universities from Association of Indian Universities ( AIU ), New Delhi. ( www.aiuweb.org )
4. Exemption ( Eligibility for Assistant Professor(s) ) in HPPSC SET 2016 :
- NET / SLET / SET shall remain the minimum eligibility condition for HPPSC recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professors in Universities / Colleges / Institutions. Provided however, that candidates, who are or have been awarded a Ph. D. Degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission ( Minimum standards and Procedure for Award for Ph.D Degree ) Regulations, 2009, shall be exempted from the requirement of the minimum eligibility condition of NET / SELT / SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in Universities / Colleges / Institutions.
- For HPPSC SET Candidates : The candidates who have cleared the State Eligibility Test ( SET ) accredited by UGC for eligibility for Assistant Professor held prior to 1st, Dec, 2002, are exempted from appearing in NET, being eligible to appear for Assistant Professor(s) anywhere in India. For SET held from 1st, Dec, 2002 onwards, the qualified candidates are eligible to apply for the post of Assistant Professor(s) only in the Universities / Colleges situated in the state from where they have cleared their SET.