Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission State Eligibility Test ( SET ) 2013 – HPPSC SET Exam Scheme
( Accredited by University Grants Commission )
Last Date for receipt of Online Applications : 18.06.2013
- The Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission ( Authorised Agency ) announces holding of State Eligibility Test ( SET ) in the month of September / October 2013 for determining the Eligibility for Lectureship in universities and colleges located within the State of Himachal Pradesh. The HPPSC SET test 2013 will be conducted in 19 subjects listed below at various examination centres located at Shimla, Solan, Mandi and Dharamshala.
- The result of the SET 2013 will be made available on the website of the Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission as and when it is declared. The candidates will not be individually intimated about their result.
- Scheduled Caste ( SC ) / Scheduled Tribe ( ST ) / Persons with Disability ( PWD ), Other Backward Classes ( OBC ) ( Non creamy layer ), as per the Central / State list of Other Backward Classes available on National Commission for Backward Classes ( NCBC ), Government of India website : www.ncbc.nic.in, candidates will be given such special concessions as may be decided by the HPPSC Commission.
1. Subjects for HPPSC SET 2013 :
1. Chemical Sciences 2. English 3. Life Sciences 4. Commerce 5. Economics 6. Geography 7. Hindi 8. History 9. Mathematical Sciences 10. Music 11. Physical Sciences 12. Physical Education 13. Sociology 14. Sanskrit 15. Political Science 16. Public Administration 17. Computer Application 18. Tourism Administration & Management 19. Journalism & Mass Communication.
2. HPPSC SET Age Limit & Relaxation 2013 : There is no upper age limit to apply for lectureship eligibility.
3. HPPSC SET Condition of Eligibility 2013 :
- Candidates who have secured at least 55% marks ( without roundingoff ) in Master’s Degree Or equivalent examination from universities / institutions recognised by UGC in Humanities ( including languages ) and Social Sciences, Computer Science & Applications, Electronic Science etc. are eligible for this Test. The Scheduled Caste ( SC ) / Scheduled Tribe ( ST ) / Persons with Disability ( PWD ) category candidates who have secured at least 50% marks ( without rounding off ) in Master’s degree or equivalent examination are eligible for this Test.
- Candidates who have appeared Or will be appearing at the qualifying Master’s degree ( final year ) examination and whose result is still awaited Or candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for HPPSC SET Test 2013. However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and shall be considered eligible for Lectureship only after they have passed their Master’s degree examination or equivalent with at least 55% marks ( 50% marks in case of SC / ST / PWD ( Persons with disability ) category candidates ). Such candidates must complete their P.G. degree examination within two years from the date of SET result with required percentage of marks, failing which they shall be treated as disqualified.
- The Ph.D. degree holders whose Master’s level examination had been completed by 19th September, 1991 ( irrespective of date of declaration of result ) shall be eligible for a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks ( i.e. from 55% to 50% ) for appearing in Himachal Pradesh SET 2013.
- Candidates are advised to appear in the subject of their post-graduation only. In case the subject of a candidate is not included in the list of HPPSC SET subjects, the candidate may appear in UGC NET / UGC-CSIR NET which is held twice a year.
- Candidates belonging to SC / ST / OBC ( Non-creamy layer ) PWD category are required to submit attested copy of the category certificate along with online printout of their HPPSC 2013 Application Forms ( obtained while applying HPPSC online ). Other candidates are not required to submit any certificates / documents in support of their eligibility alongwith printout of their HPPSC SET Application Form. Therefore, the candidates, in their own interest, must satisfy themselves about their eligibility for the SET Test. In the event of any ineligibility being detected by the Commission at any stage, their candidature will be cancelled and they shall be liable for legal action.
- Candidates having post-graduate diploma / certificate awarded by Indian University / Institute or foreign degree / diploma / certificate awarded by the Foreign University / Institute should in their own interest, ascertain the equivalence of their degree / diploma / certificate with Master’s degree of recognized Indian universities from Association of Indian Universities ( AIU ), New Delhi. ( www.aiuweb.org )
4. Exemption ( Eligibility for Lectureship ) in HPPSC SET 2013 :
- NET / SLET / SET shall remain the minimum eligibility condition for HPPSC recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professors in Universities / Colleges / Institutions. Provided however, that candidates, who are or have been awarded a Ph. D. Degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission ( Minimum standards and Procedure for Award for Ph.D Degree ) Regulations, 2009, shall be exempted from the requirement of the minimum eligibility condition of NET / SELT / SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in Universities / Colleges / Institutions.
- For HPPSC SET Candidates : The candidates who have cleared the State Eligibility Test ( SET ) accredited by UGC for eligibility for Lectureship held prior to 1st June , 2002 , are exempted from appearing in NET, being eligible to appear for Lectureship anywhere in India. For SET held from 1st, June, 2002 onwards, the qualified candidates are eligible to apply for the post of lecturer only in the Universities / Colleges situated in the state from where they have cleared their SET.