Himachal Pradesh PSC Recruitment Exam 2014 for Naib Tehsildar – HPPSC Naib Tehsildar Recruitment Exam Online Application | HPPSC Naib Tehsildar Recruitment Exam Eligibility
Recruitment for the HPPSC post(s) of Naib Tehsildar ( ‘A’ Class ), Class-II ( Gazetted ) in the Department of Revenue, H.P.
Closing date for submission of HPPSC Exam Online Recruitment Applications ( ORA* ) through ORA website is upto 23rd April, 2014 till 11:59 P.M. after which the link will be disabled. ( * : by using the website http://www.hp.gov.in/hppsc ).
Date for determining the eligibility of all candidates in all respect shall be the prescribed closing date for submission of Online Recruitment Applications ( ORA ) for Himachal Pradesh PSC i.e. 23rd April, 2014.
Online Recruitment Applications ( ORA ) are invited from desirous and eligible candidates for recruitment to the post(s) of Naib Tehsildar ( ‘A’ Class ), Class-II ( Gazetted ) in the Department of Revenue up to 23rd April, 2014 till 11:59 P.M. The detail of the HPPSC post is as under :
Item No. I : Department of Revenue, Himachal Pradesh
Name of the HPPSC Post 2014 : Naib Tehsildar ( ‘A’ Class ) Class-II ( Gazetted )
No. of HPPSC Naib Tehsildar 2014 Posts : 09 posts ( General= 04, SC of HP-01, ST of HP=02, OBC of HP=01 and Ex-Serviceman of HP=01 )
Pay Band for HPPSC Naib Tehsildar 2014 : 10300-34800/- + 4800/- ( Grade Pay )
HPPSC Naib Tehsildar Essential Qualification 2014 : Graduate from a recognized University.
Desirable Qualification for HPPSC Naib Tehsildar 2014 : Knowledge of customs, manners and dialects of Himachal Pradesh & suitability for appointment in the peculiar conditions prevailing in the Pradesh.
HPPSC Naib Tehsildar Age Limit 2014 : A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 45 years as on 1st January 2014.
Scheme of Examination for the HPPSC post of Naib Tehsildar ( ‘A’ Class ) Class-II ( Gazetted ) :
Initially, an objective type Screening Test of two hours’ duration, will be conducted consisting of one paper of General Knowledge of 120 questions of multiple choice answers for short listing the candidates for the Main Examination. The marks obtained by the candidates in the screening test will not be counted for determining their final order of merit. The screening test is proposed to be held at Shimla / Mandi / Dharamsala / Solan / Una / Nahan / Bilaspur / Kullu and Hamirpur depending on the number of candidates for a particular station. However, the allotment of examination centres will be at the discretion of the Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission.
1. The number of candidates to be called for HPPSC Naib Tehsildar ( Main ) written examination will be 20 times of the total number of posts advertised. The candidates having been declared qualified in the Screening test will be entitled for admission to the ( Main ) written examination consisting of four papers. The candidate shall have to pass all the four subjects. Provided further that marks obtained by the candidates in the main examination ( written part as well as interview ) would determine their final ranking. In the event of a tie, order of merit shall be determined in accordance with highest marks secured in the viva-voce and shall the marks in the viva-voce of the candidates who tie be equal, then the order of merit shall be decided in accordance with the highest marks obtained by such candidates in the aggregate of the HPPSC Naib Tehsildar written examination.
2. The number of vacancies in HPPSC of similar qualifications as may be received from the Govt. up to the conduct of Screening test may be included, if necessary, for the purpose of selection of candidates on the basis of aforesaid Screening test / Examination.
3. The candidates who are declared qualified in the Screening test shall be required to submit requisite documents in support of their eligibility for HPPSC Naib Tehsildar 2014 Main written examination separately on the prescribed application form, which will be uploaded on the official website of the Himchal Pradesh PSC Commission after the declaration of result of Screening Test for the post(s) of Naib Tehsildar ( ‘A’ Class ).
4. There will be following subjects for the ( Main ) examination for the direct recruits i.e. Naib Tehsildar ( ‘A’ Class ) candidates :
|Sr. No.||Subject||Max. Marks||Minimum Pass marks|
|1.||G.K. & Current Affairs||100 marks||33%|
|2.||General English||50 marks||33%|
|3.||English Essay||50 marks||33%|
The candidates shall have to pass all the four subjects. Any candidate, failing in any one of the above subjects shall be treated as not to have qualified the said examination. The candidates, who will qualify the above mentioned main written examination on the basis of merit; shall be called for Viva-Voce Test / personal interview.
5. The total number of candidates to be called for viva-voce on the basis of written examination shall be three times the total number of posts advertised. The marks obtained by the candidates in the Main written examination as well as in the viva-voce would determine their final merit.
Syllabus for HPPSC Naib Tehsildar Recruitment Exam 2014
Syllabus for combined Competitive ( Preliminary ) Examination for the post of Naib Tehsildar ( ‘A’ Class ) :
Paper of two hours’ duration consisting of 120 marks ( General Knowledge ) ( Objective type ).
- History, Geography and Socio Economic development of Himachal Pradesh. : 30 Marks
- Knowledge of current events of national and international importance and such matters of every day observation and experience in their scientific aspects as may be expected of an educated person who has not made a special study of any scientific subject. : 50 Marks
- Paper will also include questions on Modern History ( From 1857 onwards ) of India, Indian culture, Indian Polity, Indian Economy, Geography of India and teachings of Mahatma Gandhi. : 40 Marks
Syllabus for Main Examination for HPPSC Naib Tehsildar Posts 2014 :
|Paper No.||Paper||Max. Marks||Duration of paper|
|I||General Knowledge & Current Affairs||100 marks||02 hours|
a) History, Geography and Socio Economic development of Himachal Pradesh. : 20 Marks
b) Knowledge of current events of national and international importance and such matters of every day observation and experience in their scientific aspects as may be expected of an educated person who has not made a special study of any scientific subject. : 40 Marks
c) Paper will also include questions on Modern History ( From 1857 onwards ) of India, Indian culture, Indian Polity, Indian Economy, Geography of India and teachings of Mahatma Gandhi. = 40 Marks
|II||General English||50 Marks||1:30 hours|
Candidates will be required to answer questions designed to test their understanding of English and workmen like use of words. Some of the questions will be devised to test their reasoning power, their capacity to perceive implications and their ability to distinguish between the important and the less important.
|III||English Essay||50 marks||1:30 hours|
|IV||Hindi||50 marks||1:30 hours|
- Translation of an English passage into Hindi.
- Explanation of Hindi passage in Prose and Poetry in the same language.
- Composition ( Idiom, correction etc. ).
Important Instructions for HPPSC Naib Tehsildar Recruitment Exam 2014 :
- The candidates must read the instructions carefully for applying Online, which are available on the website of the Himachal Pradesh PSC Commission, i.e. http://www.hp.gov.in/hppsc; before filling up Online Recruitment Application Forms ( ORA ) for the concerned post(s).
- The candidates must ensure their eligibility in respect of category, age and essential qualification(s) etc. as mentioned in the advertisement to avoid rejection at any later stage.
- Incomplete Online Recruitment Application Forms submitted without requisite examination fee, scanned photograph & scanned signatures of prescribed size, will be rejected straightway.
- The benefit of reservation for various post(s) will be admissible only to the candidates, who are bonafide residents of Himachal Pradesh in respect of categories, viz., S.C., S.T., O.B.C., Ex-Servicemen, WFF and Physically Disabled ( Orthopaedically Disabled / Visually Impaired / Blind / Hearing Impaired / Deaf & Dumb ) etc.
- The reserved category candidates belonging to other states will be treated as General Category candidates and the benefit of reservation and fee concession will not be admissible to such candidates.
- Number of post(s) is / are tentative and may increase or decrease from time to time.
- In service candidates may apply to the Commission along with requisite fee with information to their Head of Departments / Employer for issuing NOC. No in service candidate will be interviewed unless he / she brings NOC from the concerned employer.
- Disputes, if any, shall be subject to Court jurisdiction at Shimla.