It is announced for general information of the candidates who have applied advertisement No. 7/2014 and 10/2015 published on 24.01.2014 & 16.02.2016 respectively for 1647 Posts of Assistant Professors (College Cadre) in various subjects that the Commission has decided to hold the Recruitment Tests for the subjects of Hindi, Geography, History, Mathematics and Psychology on the following dates at Panchkula :-
|Sr. No.||Name of the Subjects||Date||Time|
|1.||Hindi||26th February, 2017||10:30 AM to 12:30 PM|
|2.||History, Mathematics and Psychology||05th March, 2017||09:30 AM to 11:30 AM|
|3.||Geography||05th March, 2017||01:30 PM to 03:30 PM|
Haryana PSC Admit Cards and Instruction to Candidates for the aforesaid Test will be available on Commission’s website from 13.02.2017 and the candidates can download the same from the Commission’s website. No separate admit card will be sent to the candidates by the Commission through post/Courier.
The candidates who find any error in the Name, Father’s Name, Category, Date of Birth etc. in their admit cards, can contact the Commission’s office “in person or on telephone No. 0172-2560755 or mail at email@example.com upto 20.02.2017” for necessary rectifications in the Admit Card. Any type of rectification in the admit cards will not be carried out after 20.02.2017 by the Commission.
- A Physically Handicapped candidate, if any, who wants the help of a scribe for writing his/her papers, may apply to the Commission for seeking permission of having a scribe at least 10 days before the commencement of the Examination. No such permission will he granted by the centre Supervisor.
- Candidates are directed that they may download the admit card on A-4 size paper so that their photos & other particulars can easily be seen/verified. Candidates having small size Admit Cards with illegible photos/signatures will not be allowed to enter in Haryana PSC Examination Centre.
- The Admit Card is not being issued to the candidates who had applied in response to Advt.No. 7/2014, under BC category and have yet not updated their BC category into BC-A or BC-B Category as per Advertisement No. 10/2015.
- The Admit card will be issued to SBC category candidates with the condition that they will be treated as General Category Candidate if they fulfil all the eligibility conditions as meant for general category candidates.
- The candidates of those categories against which no post was advertised, shall be considered against the vacancies of General category if they fulfill all the conditions of eligibility as meant for General category candidates except fees.
Haryana Public Service Commission Recruitment 2016 for Assistant Professor
Haryana Public Service Commission,
1. Closing date for the submission of Haryana PSC Assistant Professor Job 2016 applications Online : 15.03.2016.
2. Closing date for deposit of cost of application form including examination fees in all branches of State Bank of India and State Bank of Patiala : 18.03.2016 upto 4:00 PM.
Haryana PSC 2016 Recruitment to 1647 temporary posts of Assistant Professor ( College Cadre ), HES – II, in various subjects in Higher Education Department, Haryana as detailed below :
|Sr. No.||Name of Subject||General||SC||Backward Class||Eco. BC in Gen||ESM||Total|
|Sr. No.||Name of Subject||General||SC||BC||Eco. BC in Gen||ESM||Total|
Note : A 2% reservation will be available to Freedom fighter / their Children / Grand Children in case of non-availability of suitable Ex-Servicemen / Dependents of ESM / Backward Class.
Note : B 1396 Posts of Assistant Professor in Higher Education Department, Haryana which were advertised vide Advt. No. 7/2014, ( published on 24.01.2014 ) and announcement dated 09.06.2014 have been withdrawn by the Govt. However, the candidates who had applied earlier against Advt. No. 7/2014 need not to apply again, their previous applications shall be considered, if otherwise eligible. If anyone who wants to any change in category, qualification, contact No. & address he / she has to login the Commission’s website. This option is only for the applicants who had earlier applied in pursuance of Advt. No. 7 of 2014 and announcement dated 09.06.2014.
1. The Haryana PSC posts are temporary but likely to be continued. The period of probation is two years. The appointment can be terminated on one months notice from either side. If the officer is in Govt. service before joining this post he / she is liable to be reverted his / her original post.
2. Haryana Government New Pension Scheme will be made applicable.
3. Pay Scale for Haryana PSC Assistant Professor 2016 : 15600 – 39100 + 6000/- G.P.
4. Haryana PSC Assistant Professor Age Limit 2016 : 21 to 42 years as on 15.02.2016. ( i.e. on or before the 15 days of the month next preceding the last date of submission of application to the Commission ).
- The upper age limit is relaxable upto for 45 years for Scheduled Castes, Backward Classes, EBP ( Gen. ) and Unmarried Women of Haryana only as per Govt. Instructions.
- Relaxation in upper age limit is available to physically handicapped candidates of Haryana upto 10 years for the Scheduled Castes / Backward Castes candidates and upto 5 years for General Category candidates.
b) Age relaxation upto the 45 years :
- The age limit for the teachers working in the Education Department, Haryana shall be 45 years.
- Women whose husbands have been ordered by Civil / criminal courts to pay maintenance to them; women whose husbands have remarried; widows; women who are legally separated from their husbands or have been divorced; women living separately from their husbands for more than two years because of desertion; wives of serving disabled military personnel and widows of those who were killed in action. Women living separately from their husbands due to desertion will be required to submit with her application, an affidavit to the effect that she has been deserted by her husband, and has been living separately from him for more than two years and this affidavit should be countersigned by two responsible persons such as members of the Legislatures, Local Bodies, Panchayats and the Bar Association where however, a woman who has re-married she would not be eligible for the above concession in the matter of age.
c) Upper age limit is also relaxable for a military person whether he joined military service before or after the declaration of emergency to the extent of his military service added by three years provided he had rendered continuous military service for a period of not less than six months before his release and further provided that he had been released otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency. A disabled military person is entitled to exclude the period from the date he was disabled upto the date of his application or till the end of emergency i.e. 10.1.1968.
The persons recruited from 1.1.1963 onwards as whole time Cadet Instructors in the NCC and who are released after the expiry initial / extended tenure will also be entitled for relaxation in age limit for purpose of employment under the State Govt. The period of service rendered by them in NCC may be deducted from their actual age and if the resultant age does not exceed the prescribed upper age limit for a particular post by more than three years, they may be deemed to be satisfying the condition for appointment to that post in respect of maximum age. Such of the whole time Cadet Instructors in the NCC who are released from the NCC before the expiry of their initial / extended tenure would also be given these concessions subject to the condition that they have served in the NCC for the period of not less than six months prior to their release from the NCC.
d) The ex-military person must furnish the attested copy of discharge certificate including therein the date of entry and release the Army.
5. Essential Qualifications for Haryana PSC Assistant Professor 2016 :
(I) Assistant Professors ( all subjects except Fine Arts and Mass Communication )
- Good academic record with atleast 55% of the marks or an equivalent grade of B in the 7 point scale with letter grades O, A, B, C, D, E and F at the Master’s Degree level in the relevant subject from an Indian University or an equivalent degree from a Foreign University.
- Knowledge of Hindi / Sanskrit upto Matric standard.
- “National Eligibility Test ( NET ) conducted by the University Grant Commission, Counsel of Scientific and Industrial Research or similar test accredited by the University Grant Commission like SLET / SET shall remain the minimum eligibility condition for recruitment and appointment as Assistant Professor in Colleges rovided that the candidates, who are, or have been awarded a Ph.D degree in accordance with the University Grant Commission ( minimum standards and procedure for award of Ph.D degree ) regulation, 2009 shall be exempted from the requirement of the minimum eligibility condition of NET / SLET / SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent position in colleges.Provided further that NET / SLET / SET shall not be required for such Master’s Programmes in disciplines for which NET / SLET / SET is not conducted”.
(II) Assistant Professors in Fine Arts
- Good academic record with atleast 55% of the marks or an equivalent grade of B in the 7 point scale with letter grades O, A, B, C, D, E and F at the Master’s Degree level in Fine Arts from an Indian University or an equivalent degree from a Foreign University.
- Knowledge of Hindi / Sanskrit upto Matric standard.
- “National Eligibility Test ( NET ) conducted by the University Grant Commission, Counsel of Scientific and Industrial Research or similar test accredited by the University Grant Commission like SLET / SET shall remain the minimum eligibility condition for recruitment and appointment as Assistant Professor in Colleges rovided that the candidates, who are, or have been awarded a Ph.D degree in accordance with the University Grant Commission ( minimum standards and procedure for award of Ph.D degree ) regulation, 2009 shall be exempted from the requirement of the minimum eligibility condition of NET / SLET / SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent position in colleges.
Note : For the post of Assistant Professor in the faculty of Fine Arts, Five Year’s Diploma from the recognized University or Institute will be treated as equivalent to the master’s degree. In such a case for the purpose of determining good academic record the performance in Matric and equivalent examination and the yearly examinations taken during the Diploma course will be considered.
(III) Assistant Professors in Mass Communication
(a) Good academic record with atleast 55% of the marks or an equivalent grade at Master’s Degree level or an equivalent qualification from an Indian or Foreign University / recognized institution in Communication / Mass Communication / Journalism.
Desirable Qualification for Haryana PSC Assistant Professor 2016
- Ph.D. degree in Communication / Mass Communication / Journalism from an Indian University or an equivalent degree from a Foreign University.
- Two years full time teaching / research experience in any area of Mass Communication ( Newspapers accredited with ABC, National News Agencies, Radio or Television, Film Media, reputed advertising agencies, public relation officers of the Governments, public sector undertakings and established industrial and commercial houses ).
(b) Knowledge of Hindi / Sanskrit upto Matric standard.
(c) “National Eligibility Test ( NET ) conducted by the University Grant Commission, Counsel of Scientific and Industrial Research or similar test accredited by the University Grant Commission like SLET / SET shall remain the minimum eligibility condition for recruitment and appointment as Assistant Professor in Colleges :
Provided that the candidates, who are, or have been awarded a Ph.D degree in accordance with the University Grant Commission ( minimum standards and procedure for award of Ph.D degree ) regulation, 2009 shall be exempted from the requirement of the minimum eligibility condition of NET / SLET / SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent position in colleges.
As mentioned in the proviso of the qualification for the post of Assistant Professor ( College Cadre ) the candidates concerned are requested to submit a certificate from competent authority with respect to the Ph.d degree awarded to them that awarded Ph.d degree is in accordance with the University Grant Commission ( minimum standards and procedure for award of Ph.d degree ) regulation, 2009.
The candidates who had applied earlier in response to advt. No. 7/2014 ( published on 24.01.2014 ) and announcement dated 09.06.2014 on the basis of Ph.d degree are also directed to submit a certificate from competent authority with respect to the Ph.d degree awarded to them that awarded Ph.d degree is in accordance with the University Grant Commission ( minimum standards and procedure for award of Ph.d degree ) regulation, 2009.
Note I : The following relaxation will however operate for all subjects :
- Relaxation of 5% is granted from 55% to 50% of marks to the Ph.D degree holders who have passed their Master’s degree in relevant subject prior to 19th Sept. 1991.
- Relaxation of 5% is granted from 55% to 50% of marks at Master’s degree level in relevant subject to the Physically and visually Handicapped persons.
- Relaxation of 5% is granted from 55% to 50% of marks at Master’s degree level in relevant subject to the candidates who pass their Matric examination from rural schools of Haryana. For this purpose school which fall under the jurisdiction of Village Panchayats of Haryana shall be classified as rural schools.
- Relaxation of 5% may be provided from 55% to 50% of the marks at the master’s level for the S.C / S.T category.
Note : II Criteria for determining good academic record :
- For determining good academic record a candidate should either have average of 55% marks in two of the three examinations ( not below Matric or equivalent ) prior to Master’s degree or 50% marks in each of these two examinations separately.
- For determining good academic record, if total number of marks in two examinations are different, then the average of percentages is to be calculated by dividing the marks obtained in two examinations by total number of marks in those two examinations.
Relaxation : The following relaxation will however operate :
- Candidates having 55% or above marks in M.A. or M.Sc in relevant subject and possessing Ph.D degree in relevant subject the criterion of good academic record will not apply at all.
- Candidates having 55% or above marks in M.A. or M.Sc in relevant subject and possessing M.Phil degree in relevant subject should have 50% marks in one of the lower examinations i.e. B.A, Prep or Plus 2, Matric.
- Candidates obtaining first class first in the University in the relevant subject in M.A or M.Sc. should have 50% marks in one of the lower examinations i.e. B.A, Prep or Plus 2, Matric.
Note III : Criteria for determining good academic record in case of reserve categories is as under :
Relaxation of 5% may be provided from 55% to 50% of the marks in determining good academic record for Scheduled castes / Scheduled Tribes and Physically Handicapped category candidates.
Note IV : The prescribed essential qualifications are minimum and mere possession of the same does not entitle a candidate to be called for interview. Where the number of applications received in response to the advertisement is large and it will not be convenient or possible for the Commission to interview all these candidates, the Commission may restrict the number of candidates for interview to a reasonable limit on the basis of qualification and experience higher than the minimum prescribed in the advertisement or by holding screening test or any method devised by the Commission.
Note V : Candidates are advised not to send the hard copy of the application form. If any candidates send the hard copy of the application form the same will not be entertained. Further the candidates are advised / directed to retain the hard copies of their online application form with them so that they may not face any problem in sending the hard copy to the Commission if the same is required at a later stage.
Note VI : The BC category candidates who had applied earlier in response to advt. No.7/2014 ( published on 24.01.2014 ) and announcement dated 09.06.2014 for the Posts of Assistant Professor in Higher Education Department, Haryana are hereby informed that the Govt. has now bifurcated the posts of BC category into BC – A and BC – B. Therefore, the candidates who had claimed BC category earlier has to specify the category of BC – A or BC – B. For this purpose he / she has to login the Commission’s website for updation of their BC category into BC – A or BC – B as the case may be, failing which their candidature will not be considered by the Commission. This option is only for the applicants who had earlier applied in pursuance of Advt. No. 7 of 2014 ( published on 24.01.2014 ) and announcement dated 09.06.2014.
Note VII : For the SBC category candidates who had applied earlier for Assistant Professor :
The candidates who had applied earlier under SBC category for the posts of Assistant Professor in Higher Education Department, Haryana in pursuance of Advt. No. 7/2014 ( published on 24.01.2014 ) and announcement dated 09.06.2014 will be treated as candidates under General category provided that they fulfill the requisite conditions regarding age etc. as meant for candidates of General category except fee.
Note VIII : If suitable ESM category candidates are not available only then dependent sons / daughters of ESM will be considered against the posts reserved for ESM.
6. Reservation : The reservation in different categories is to be covered in accordance with the orders / instructions issued by the Haryana Government from time to time.
a. It is made clear that the dependent of ESM candidates will be considered as General Category candidates for all intents and purpose. However in case of non-availability of suitable ex-servicemen, their dependent sons and daughters who fulfil all the conditions of qualifications, age etc. prescribed for posts in question will also be considered on merit against the reserved posts of ESM and this entitlement would be available to one dependent child only.
Candidates claiming dependent sons / daughters of Ex-servicemen must send the latest eligibility certificates issued by the Zila Sainik Board Haryana ( specifically indicating the name of post for which the candidate is applying ) in support of their claim. None of the persons mentioned below shall fall within the definition of words “Dependent of Ex-servicemen” in terms of Haryana Govt. letter No. 12/37/39-GSII dated 21.11.1980.
(i) a person may be working on an ad-hoc basis against the post advertised or somewhere else.
(ii) a person may be unemployed at the time of making the application but he may have other source of income viz. from agriculture, trade, property, bank balance etc.
(iii) a person who is a member of the Joint Hindu family and remains dependent upon the Karta till there is partition in the family or he ceases to be member of the Joint Hindu Family and is obliged to pass on all his income to karta and draws money for his subsistence from the pool of the Joint Hindu Family with the consent of the Karta.
(iv) a candidate who is member of the Joint Hindu Family is employed on ad-hoc basis but he is otherwise dependent on his father.
Income Limit for DESM :
According to the instructions issued by the Chief Secretary to Govt. Haryana vide letter No. 12/8/03-4GSII dated 01.12.2003, the person who have income from agriculture, trade, property, bank balance etc. upto 6,000/- per month will be considered dependent of ESM for employment.
(b) Person with disabilities selected on their merit without relaxed standards alongwith other candidates, will not be adjusted against the reserved share of vacancies. The reserved vacancies will be filled up separately from amongst the eligible candidates with disabilities which will thus comprise physically handicapped candidates how are lower in merit than the last candidate in merit list but otherwise found suitable for appointment, if necessary, by relaxed standards. It will apply in case of direct recruitment only, wherever reservation for persons with disabilities in admissible.
(c) Details of Note given below the break-up of posts :
The reservation to Freedom Fighter & their Children / Grand Children of Haryana will be available only if quota reserved for Ex-servicemen or Backward Classes remains unfilled to that extend due to non-availability of suitable Ex-servicemen or their dependents or non-availability of suitable candidates from Backward Classes. Over all reservation either from the unfilled vacancies of Ex-servicemen or from the Backward Classes for Freedom Fighters / their children / grand children will remain limited to 2% only. This benefit will be available to all grand children i.e. sons and daughters of sons and daughters ( parental as well as maternal ) of the Freedom Fighters.
6. Duties of Haryana PSC Assistant Professor Jobs 2016 :
- The selected candidates will be required to join duty immediately after receiving the offer of appointment. No other concession such as rent free quarters etc. is admissible.
7. Candidates serving under Union Government or other State Government will not be entitled to any benefits of their past service in case of their appointment under the Haryana Govt. by direct recruitment.
8. General Clarifications :
- Fees :
- General & DESM : 500/-
- Scheduled Castes / Backward Classes / Ex-Service Men / Women / Special Backward Classes / Economically Backward persons in General Castes Category : 125/-
- Physically Handicapped ( exempted from fees ) : Nil
- The eligibility of candidates with regard to qualifications will be determined as on 15.03.2016 ( closing date ).
- The relaxation in upper age limit, qualifications and fee will be given to those categories where there posts are reserved for them.
Note : Candidates are advised not to send the hard copy of the application form. If any candidates send the hard copy of the application form the same will not be entertained.