Haryana PSC HCS ( Executive Branch ) & other Allied Services Examination 2014
Haryana Public Service Commission,
Bays No 1-10, Block-B,
Date of Publication : 20.02.2014
Closing Date for the Submission of Online Applications for Haryana HCS Exam 2014 : 18.03.2014
Closing date for deposit of fee in all branches of State Bank of Patiala : 20.03.2014
The Haryana Public Service Commission invites online applications for recruitment to 55 posts of HCS ( Ex. Br. ) & other Allied Services. For more information log on to http://hpsc.gov.in or www.hpsconline.in
Candidates are not required to send hard copy of their online application form or any other document to the Commission. If any candidate will send hard copy of his / her online application form, the same will not be entertained by the Commission. However, they can retain the hard copy of their online application form for their record.
No request regarding any change in any entry in the online application form will be entertained by the Commission. So the candidates are advised to read the “instructions” carefully before applying online. Incomplete and without prescribed fee online application form will be rejected straight way and no correspondence will be entertained in this regard by the Haryana Public Service Commission.
The bifurcation of these posts are as under :
|Sr. No.||Name of the Post||Gen||SC of Hr.||BC of Hr.||SBC of Hr.||EBP ( GC ) of Hr.||ESM of Hr.||PH of Hr.||Total||Scale of Pay ( in )|
|1.||HCS ( Ex. Br. )||16||06||03||01||01||01||02 ( 1 for VH & 1 for HH )||30||15600-39100 + GP 5400/-|
|2.||E.T.O.||-||-||-||-||-||-||01 ( HH )||01||9300-34800 + GP 5400/-|
|3.||District Food & Supplies Controller||01||01||-||-||-||-||-||02||9300-34800 + GP 5400/-|
|4.||Asstt. Registrar Co. Op. Societies||-||01||-||-||-||-||-||01||9300-34800 + GP 4600/-|
|5.||Asstt. Excise & Taxation Officer||01||-||-||-||-||-||-||01||9300-34800 + GP 4600/-|
|6.||Block Development & Panchayat Officer||07||05||-||-||-||-||-||12||9300-34800 + GP 4600/-|
|7.||Traffic Manager||-||01||01||-||01||-||-||03||9300-34800 + GP 4600/-|
|8.||District Food & Supplies Officer||02||-||-||-||-||-||01 ( Ortho )||03||9300-34800 + GP 4600/-|
|9.||Asstt. Employment Officer||01||01||-||-||-||-||-||02||9300-34800 + GP 4600/-|
- The number of posts given against each category is liable to variation.
- The HCS ( Ex. Br. ) & Allied Services Examination will be conducted in accordance with the provisions contained in HCS ( Ex. Br. ) & Allied Services Rules. 2008 ( as amended from time to time ) and HCS ( Ex. Br. ) and Allied Services and Other Services Common / Combined Examination, Act 2002.
- The decision of the Haryana Public Service Commission with regard to the eligibility or otherwise of candidate for admission to the Examination shall be final.
- Reserve category candidates belonging to the states other than Haryana will compete against the posts meant for General Category and will be considered as General Category candidates. There is no reservation for them.
- Adjustment of PH candidates selected on their own merit : Persons with disabilities selected on their own merit without relaxed standards alongwith other candidates, will not be adjusted against the reserved share of vacancies. The reserved vacancies will be filled up separately from amongst the eligible candidates with disabilities which will thus comprise physically handicapped candidates who are lower in merit than the last candidate in merit list but otherwise found suitable for appointment, if necessary, by relaxed standards. It will apply in case of direct recruitment only, wherever reservation for persons with disabilities is admissible.
1. Essential Qualifications for HCS Exam 2014 : Candidates must possess Degree of a recognized University of Bachelor of Arts / Science / Commerce or an equivalent degree of a recognized University as on 18.03.2014 ( Closing date ).
2. Age : The candidate should not be less than 21 years and not more than 40 years of age on or before 01.01.2014. Upper age limit is relaxable upto five years for the candidates belonging to the following categories :
- Scheduled Castes, Backward Classes, Special Backward Classes and Economically Backward Persons ( General Category ) of Haryana only.
- Unmarried female candidates of Haryana State only.
- Employees of Haryana Government ( excluding ad-hoc capacity ) of Punjab and Haryana High Court or any Court subordinate to it in the state of Haryana with four years of service in substantive or officiating capacity subject to a limit of three chances in addition to those which he might have availed within prescribed age limit. The Employees of the Boards / Corporations / Universities / Banks etc. are not eligible for this concession in upper age limit.
- Women whose husbands have been ordered by civil / criminal courts to pay maintenance to them; women whose husbands have remarried; widows; women who are legally separated from their husbands or have been divorced; women living separately from their husbands for more than two years because of desertion; wives of serving disabled military personnel and widows of those who were killed in action. Women living separately from their husbands due to desertion will be required to submit with their application an affidavit to the effect that she has been deserted by her husband, and has been living separately from him for more than two years and this affidavit should be countersigned by two responsible persons such as members of the Legislature, Local Bodies including Panchayats and the Bar Association. However, where a woman who has re-married, she would not be eligible for the above concession in the matter of age.
- Age relaxation for PH candidates of Haryana : Upper age limit is relaxable for PH category candidates of Haryana by 10 years ( 15 years for SCs / BCs of Haryana ).
- Further the upper age relaxation is as under : Upper age limit is also relaxable for an ex-military person whether he joined military service before or after the declaration of emergency to the extent of his military service added by three years provided he had rendered continuous military service for a period of not less than six months before his release and further provided that he had been released otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency. A disabled military person is entitled to exclude from his age the period from the date he was disabled upto the date of his application or till the end of emergency i.e. 10-01-1968.
- The persons recruited from 01-01-1963 onwards as whole time Cadet Instructors in the N.C.C. and who are released after the expiry of their initial / extended tenure will also be entitled for relaxation in age limit for purpose of employment under the State Government. The period of service rendered by them in N.C.C. may be deducted from their actual age and if the resultant age does not exceed the prescribed upper age limit of a particular post by more than three years, they may be deemed to be satisfying the conditions for appointment to that post in respect of the maximum age. Such of the whole time Cadet Instructors in N.C.C. who are released from the N.C.C. before expiry of their initial / extended tenure would also be given these concessions subject to the conditions that they have served in the N.C.C. for the period of not less than six months prior to their release from the N.C.C.
- It is made clear that the dependent of ESM candidates will be considered as General Category candidates for all intents and purposes. However, in case of non-availability of suitable Ex-servicemen of Haryana, their dependent sons and daughters ( the definition of words “Dependent of Ex-serviceman” is defined vide Haryana Govt. letter No. 12/37/39-GSII dated 21.11.1980 which is given in the instructions for candidates ) who fulfil all the conditions of qualifications, age etc. prescribed for the posts in question will also be considered on merit against the reserved posts for ESM and this entitlement would be available to one dependent child only.
- Reservation for Freedom Fighters & their children / grand children of Haryana : The reservation will be available only if quota reserved for Ex-servicemen or Backward Classes remains unfilled to that extend due to non-availability of suitable Ex-servicemen or their dependents or non-availability of suitable candidates from Backward Classes. Over all reservation either from the unfilled vacancies of Ex-servicemen or from the Backward Classes for Freedom Fighters / their children / grand children will remain limited to 2% only. This benefit will be available to all grand children i.e. sons and daughter of sons and daughters ( parental as well as maternal ) of the Freedom Fighters.
3. Haryana HCS Exam Application Fees 2014 : The online application fees which is payable at all branches of State Bank of Patiala, is as under :
|Sr. No.||Categories of Candidates||Fees|
|1.||(i) For Male candidates of General category including Dependent Son of Ex-Servicemen of Haryana.|
(ii) For Male candidates of General and all reserved categories of other States.
|2.||(i) For all Female candidates of General category including Female Dependent of ESM of Haryana only. |
(ii) For Female candidates of General and all reserved categories of other States.
|3.||For Male & Female candidates of SC / BC / SBC / EBP(GC) / ESM categories of Haryana only.||250/-|
|4.||For all Physically Handicapped candidates ( with at least 40% disability ) categories of Haryana only.||Nil|
4. Scheme of Examination : The examination will be Combined Competitive Examination ( CCE ) comprising of the following stages;
- Preliminary Examination ( Objective Type / Multiple choice ) for screening only.
- Main Examination ( Conventional / Essay Type )
- Personality Test ( Viva-voce )
Note 1 : Candidates fifteen times the number of advertised posts including bracketed candidates, if any, in their respective categories in order of merit of the Preliminary Examination will be admitted to the Main Examination.
Note 2 : The question paper will be got printed bilingual i.e. Hindi ( being regional language ) & English except language papers.
Note 3 : Candidates who qualify for the Main Examination will have to apply again for which they will be informed separately.
Note 4 :Candidates thrice the number of advertised posts including bracketed candidates, if any, in their respective categories in order of merit of Main Examination will be called for Personality Test ( Viva-voce ).For more comprehensive and detailed instructions, the candidates may consult ‘The Brochure for HCS ( Ex. Br. ) and Other Allied Services Examination ( Edition – 2014 )’ which can be downloaded from website http://hpsconline.in by making a payment of 100/- ( Through Online Generated Bank Challan ).
5. Filling up of Oniine Application Form for Haryana PSC HCS Examination 2014 :
The Online application can be filled upto 05.00 PM on 18.03.2014 after which the link will be disabled. The candidates are strictly advised to apply online well in time without waiting for last date. No offline application form will be accepted by the office. Candidates are again advised not to send hard copy of their online application form or any other document to the Haryana PSC Commission. If any candidate will send hard copy of his / her online application form, the same will not be entertained by the Commission. However, they can retain the hard copy of their application form for their record. Further it is again made clear that no request regarding any change in any entry in the online application form will be entertained by the Commission, so the candidates are advised to read the instructions carefully before applying online. Incomplete and without prescribed fee online application form will be rejected straight way and no correspondence will be entertained in this regard by the Commission.
The eligibility of candidates with regards to qualifications will be determined on the last date of submission of online application forms and age will be reckoned on 01.01.2014.
- Candidates are advised take print out of Application Form & Fee Challan and please deposit the fee in any branch of State Bank of Patiala after 48 hours of filling online Application and Challan generation before 20.03.2014.
- Haryana PSC advertisement alongwith instructions for candidates is also available on Haryana Public Service Commission’s website i.e. http://hpsc.gov.in and www.hpsconline.in