Haryana Public Service Commission,
Bays No. 1 – 10, Block – B, Sector – 4,
It is hereby announced for the general information of the candidates who have applied for the HCS ( Judicial Branch ) Main Written Examination that the said examination scheduled from 08.05.2015 to 10.05.2015 has been postponed.
H.C.S ( Judicial Branch ) Main Examination 2015
|Sr. No.||Subject||Date of Examination||Time of Examination|
|1.||Civil Law - I||03.07.2015 ( Friday )||02:00 P.M. to 05:00 P.M.|
|2.||Civil Law - II||04.07.2015 ( Saturday )||09:00 A.M to 12:00 Noon.|
|3.||English||04.07.2015 ( Saturday )||02:00 P.M. to 05:00 P.M.|
|4.||Criminal Law||05.07.2015 ( Sunday )||09:00 A.M to 12:00 Noon.|
|5.||Hindi||05.07.2015 ( Sunday )||02:00 P.M. to 05:00 P.M.|
The admit cards for the H.C.S ( Judicial Branch ) Main Examination will be available on Commission’s website www.hpsc.gov.in w.e.f. 15.06.2015 and the candidates can download the same.
The candidates who find any error in the admit card i.e. wrong spelling of Names, Category, Date of Birth etc., may contact the Commission’s office on any working day till 30.06.2015 during the office hours for necessary rectification.
Note : A Physically Handicapped ( Partially Blind ) candidate, if any, who wants the help of a scribe for writing his / her paper, may apply to the Haryana Public Service Commission for seeking permission of having a scribe atleast 10 days before the commencement of the Main Examination. No such permission will be generated by the Centre Supervisor.
Closing Date for HCS ( Judicial Branch ) Main Exam : 02.03.2015.
*For Forward Remote Areas : 09.03.2015.
Haryana Public Service Commission invites application forms for the posts of Civil Judge ( Junior Division ) in the Haryana Civil Service ( Judicial Branch ), from the candidates who have been declared for the HCS ( Judicial Branch ) Main Examination 2015. The number and category wise break-up of HCS ( Judicial Branch ) vacancies is as under :
|Sr. No.||Category||No. of Posts||Remarks|
|Total||119||( These vacancies include the newly created, existing and anticipated vacancies ).|
|2.||Scheduled Castes of Haryana||22||-|
|3.||Backward Classes (A) of Haryana||11||-|
|4.||Backward Classes (B) of Haryana||05||-|
|5.||Special Backward Classes of Haryana||05||-|
|6.||Economically Backward Persons in General Category||05||-|
|7.||Ex-Servicemen of Haryana||12||Out of backlog of 07 posts, 03 posts are being advertised for the third time and 04 posts are being advertised for the second time.|
|8.||Physical Handicapped persons of Haryana||06||Out of backlog of 03 posts, 02 posts are being advertised for the third time and 01 post is being advertised for the second time.|
Note : Break-up of posts reserved for Physically Handicapped candidates of Haryana is as under :
- Two posts for low vision ( if found fit for discharging the duties of a Civil Judge by the Medical Board constituted under Rules ).
- Two posts for hearing impaired ( if found fit for discharging the duties of a Civil Judge by the Medical Board constituted under Rules ).
- Two posts for Locomotive disability.
i. Adjustment of Physically Handicapped Candidates Selected on their Own Merit : Persons with disabilities selected on their own merit without relaxed standards alongwith other candidates, will not be adjusted against the reserved share of vacancies. The reserved vacancies will be filled up separately from amongst the eligible candidates with disabilities which will thus comprise physically handicapped candidates who are lower in merit than the last candidate in merit list but otherwise found suitable for appointment, if necessary, by relaxed standards.
ii. The HCS ( Judicial Branch ) Examination will be conducted in accordance with the provisions contained in the Punjab Civil Services ( Judicial Branch ) Rules, 1951 as applicable to the State of Haryana, as amended from time to time including the amendment made vide notification No. GSR 34/const./Art.234 & 309/2014 dated 18.7.2014.
iii. The pay scale for the HCS ( Judicial Branch ) post is 27700-770-33090-920-40450-1080-44770 or such as may be revised by the Government from time to time. Service conditions will be communicated to the recommended candidates alongwith the appointment letters issued by the Government to the recommended candidates.
iv. The Schedule of HCS ( Judicial Branch ) Main Examination, result of Main Examination and other announcements relating to this examination will be displayed on the Punjab & Haryana High Court website i.e. www.highcourtchd.gov.in or website of the Haryana Public Service Commission i.e. http://hpsc.gov.in or www.hpsconline.in & will also be published in the Newspapers.
v. No candidate shall be admitted to the examination unless he / she holds a certificate of admission / Admit Card issued by the Haryana Public Service Commission.
vi. Success in the examination confers no right to appointment unless Government is satisfied after such enquiry as may be considered necessary that the candidate is suitable in all respects for appointment.
vii. The low vision candidates, who want the help of a scribe for writing their papers, will have to apply to the Haryana Public Service Commission for the permission of having a scribe separately well in time i.e. atleast 10 days before the commencement of the examination. No such permission will be granted by the Centre Supervisor in the Examination centre.
viii. SC / BC-A / BC-B / SBC / EBP / PH / ESM / DESM candidates belonging to the States other than Haryana will compete against the posts meant for general category candidates and will be considered as general category candidates as there is no reservation for them.
2. HCS ( Judicial Branch ) Main Exam Essential Qualifications 2015 :
No person shall be eligible to be appointed a Civil Judge ( Junior Division ) unless he holds a Degree of Bachelor of Laws from a University established by the law and approved / recognized by the Bar Council of India on or before 18.10.2014.
The expression “Degree of Bachelor of Laws” means a degree entitling a candidate to be enrolled as an Advocate under the Advocates Act, 1961, and the rules made there under.
3. Age Limit for HCS ( Judicial Branch ) Main Exam 2015 : Candidate should not be less than 21 years and not more than 42 years as on 18.10.2014.
- Upper age limit is relaxable upto 5 years for the candidates belonging to following categories :
- Scheduled Castes and Backward Classes of Haryana only ( wherever posts are reserved for them ).
- Un-married women of Haryana State only.
- Women of Haryana State whose husbands have been ordered by civil / criminal courts to pay maintenance to them; women whose husbands have remarried, widows, women who are legally separated from their husbands or have been divorced, women living separately from their husbands for more than two years because of desertion, wives of serving disabled military personnel and widows of those who were killed in action. Women living separately from their husbands due to desertion will be required to submit with her application, an affidavit to the effect that she has been deserted by her husband and has been living separately from him for more than two years and this affidavit should be countersigned by two responsible persons such as members of the Legislative Assembly, Local Bodies, Panchayats and the Bar Association. Where however, a woman who has re-married she would not be eligible for the above concession in the matter of age.
- For an Ex-military person whether he joined military service before or after the declaration of emergency to the extent of his military service added by three years subject to a maximum of 5 years provided he had rendered continuous military service for a period of not less than six months before his release and further provided that he had been released otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency. A disabled military person is entitled to exclude from his age the period from the date he was disabled upto the date of his application or till the end of emergency i.e. 10.1.1968 subject to a maximum of 5 years.
- The persons recruited from 1.1.1963 onwards as whole time Cadet Instructors in the N.C.C. and who are released after the expiry of their initial / extended tenure will also be entitled for relaxation in age limit for purpose of employment under the State Government. The period of service rendered by them in N.C.C. may be deducted from their actual age and if the resultant age does not exceed the prescribed upper age limit of a particular post by more than three years, they may be deemed to be satisfying the conditions for appointment to that post in respect of the maximum age. Such of the whole time Cadet Instructors in N.C.C. who are released from the N.C.C. before expiry of their initial / extended tenure, would also be given these concessions subject to the conditions that they have served in the N.C.C. for the period of not less than six months prior to their release from the N.C.C.
- Upper age limit is relaxable for Physically Handicapped category candidates of Haryana by 10 years ( 15 years for SCs / BCs of Haryana ) as per Govt. instructions issued vide letter No. 22/10/2013-1GS-III dated 28.02.2013.
4. HCS ( Judicial Branch ) Job Reservation 2015 :
The reservation in different categories is to be covered in accordance with the orders / instructions issued by the Haryana Government from time to time. It is made clear that the DESM candidate will be considered as general category candidates for all intents and purposes. However, in case of non-availability of suitable ex-servicemen, their dependent sons and daughters who fulfill all the conditions of qualifications, age etc. prescribed for posts in question will also be considered on merit against the posts reserved for them and this entitlement would be available to one dependent child only provided that the Ex-Serviceman himself did not avail any such benefit to join government service.
Candidates claiming dependent sons / daughters of Ex-serviceman must send the latest eligibility certificate issued by the Zila Sainik Board in support of their claim. None of the persons mentioned below shall fall within the definition of words “Dependent of Ex-serviceman” in terms of Haryana Govt. letter No. 12/37/79-GS II dated 21.11.80.
- A person who may be working on adhoc basis on the post advertised or somewhere else.
- A person may be unemployed at the time of making the application but he may have other source of income viz from agriculture, trade, property, bank balance etc.
- A person who is a member of the Joint Hindu Family and remains dependent upon the Karta till there is partition in the Family or he ceases to be member of the Joint Hindu Family and is obliged to pass on all his income to karta and draws money for his subsistence from the pool of the joint Hindu Family with the consent of the Karta.
- A candidate who is member of the Joint Hindu Family is employed on adhoc basis but he is otherwise dependent on his father.
- Reservation for Freedom Fighters & their Children / Grand Children of Haryana : The reservation will be available only if quota reserved for Ex-servicemen or Backward Classes remains unfilled to that extend due to non-availability of suitable Ex-servicemen or their dependents or non-availability of suitable candidates from Backward Classes. Over all reservation either from the unfilled vacancies of Ex-servicemen or from the Backward Classes for Freedom Fighters / their children / grand children will remain limited to 2% only. This benefit will be available to all grand children i.e. sons and daughter of sons and daughters ( parental as well as maternal ) of the Freedom Fighters.
- The candidates should note that their admission to the HCS ( Judicial Branch ) Main examination will be purely provisional based on the information / documents given by them along with their application form. The mere fact that a certificate of admission to the HCS ( Judicial Branch ) Main Examination has been issued to a candidate, will not imply that his candidature has been finally cleared by the Haryana Public Service Commission or that entries made by the candidate in his application for the HCS ( Judicial Branch ) Main Examination have been accepted by the Haryana Public Service Commission as true and correct. Candidates may note that the Haryana Public Service Commission takes up the checking of eligibility conditions of a candidate, with the attested documents appended with the applications. The original documents / certificates are to be produced at the time of interview.
- Candidates should ensure that the signatures appended by them in all the places viz. in their application form, attendance sheet etc. and in all the correspondence with the Haryana Public Service Commission should be identical and there should not be any variation of any kind. If any variation is found in the signatures appended by him at different places, his candidature will be liable for cancellation by the Haryana Public Service Commission.
- Photograph of the candidate must be the same which was submitted to the Haryana Public Service Commission alongwith application form ( OCR Sheet ) for HCS Preliminary Examination.