Gujarat Public Service Commission Recruitment 2013 for Assistant Professor
Applications arc invited for the following posts of Assistant Professor, Law at the Govt. Arts College so as to reach to the Commission’s office up to the last date : 08.11.2013. The reservation for S.T. & S.& E.B.C. candidates is shown as under :
|Sr. No.||Category||Total Post||Out of Total Post Reserved for Women|
|1.||Unreserved ( General )||02||00|
Note : (l) The candidates belonging to reserved category can apply against vacancies for Unreserved Category and the criteria will be applicable as per Unreserved Category.
Essential Qualification for Gujarat PSC Assistant Professor 2013 : Possess :
1. Post graduate degree in Law of a recognised University or any other educational institution or University declared to be deemed under section 3 of the U.G.C. Act. 1956 with at least 55 % of the marks or at least its equivalent grade of B in the seven point scale with letter grades O,A,B,C,D.E and F at the master degree level in Law or an equivalent two year degree from an accredited foreign University or possess an equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Government.
- Provided that the requirement of 55 % marks at the post graduate degree may be relaxed to 50 % in respect of the candidate belonging to Scheduled Tribes and different disabled ( Physically and Visually differently abled ) categories. Such relaxation shall be permissible only on the qualifying marks without including grace marks, if any. Such relaxation shall be permissible, based on only consideration of the qualifying marks.
- Provided further that the requirement of 55 % marks at the post graduate degree may be relaxed to 50 % marks or the requirement of grade B may be relaxed to grade C and 3 or more grade points in favour of the candidate, who have completed their Ph.D. degree and have obtained Master’s degree prior to the 19th September, 1991.
2. Have cleared the National Eligibility Test ( NET ) / State Level Eligibility Test ( SLET ) for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professors in college being conducted by the University Grants Commission, Council of Scientific and Industrial Research or such similar tests like State Level Eligibility Test ( SLET ), State Eligibility Test ( SET ) accredited by the University Grants Commission.
Note : Provided that candidate who are or have been awarded Ph.D. degree in accordance with University Grants Commission Regulations, 2009, shall be exempted from the requirement of clearing NET / SLET.
3. Possess the basic knowledge of Computer Application as prescribed in the Gujarat Civil Services Classification and Recruitment ( General ) Rules. 1967.
4. Adequate knowledge of Gujarati or Hindi or both.
Pay Scale for GPSC Assistant Professor 2013 : 15600-39100 + Grade Pay 6000/- and other allowances as per rules. Higher start is not admissible.
Note : (1) The number of candidate to be called for Interview test shall be about three times of the number of vacancies.
5. If the number of candidates available for interview test is more than three times then Preliminary Test will be held.
6. If the Commission decides to conduct the Preliminary Test considering the number of post and application received, the marks obtained by the candidate in the Preliminary Test shall be considered for shortlisting the candidates to be called for interview and such marks shall not be considered for final selection.
7. As per the Instruction / Provision of the Commission the candidates of each category, are being called for interview as per following norms :
|No. of Post||Candidates to be called for Interview|
|04 & more||03 times of the post|
8. The candidates having qualification from foreign University should produce necessary documents / proof regarding the recognition / equivalence of their degree.
9. The candidates should produce formula / method of calculation of percentage where percentage of marks is not given by the University.
Age : Not more than 35 years. Age will be calculated as on the last dale of receipt of application.
Upper Age Limit for GPSC Assistant Professor shall be relaxed as under :
|1||The S.T. and S.& E.B.C candidates of Gujarat origin.||05 years|
|2||The woman candidates of General category||05 years|
|3||The woman candidates belonging to S.T. and S.& E.B.C candidates of Gujarat origin||10 years ( Maximum up to 45 years, inclusive of relaxation of five years for women )|
|4||The Physically disabled Candidates who are considered eligible for application||maximum up to 10 ( ten ) years subject to his / her ability to discharge duties attached to the posts, as may be performed by any other normal persons, on the basis of production of medical certificate prescribed by GAD circular dated 01-12-2008 from the Medical Board|
|5||Ex-Servicemen / Officers||the upper age limit shall be relaxed by the length of Military Service plus three years, up to maximum 40 years|