Gujarat PSC Recruitment 2015 for Research Officer
Gujarat Public Service Commission ( GPSC ) the candidates holding the qualification mentioned below are requested to confirm their candidature for the posts of the Research Officer in Gujarat Statistical Service Class – II, Under General Administrative Department ( Advt-45 / 2015-16 ) during Date 01.09.2015 at 13:00 pm to 16.09.2015, up to 13:00 pm.
Total No. of Gujarat PSC Research Officer Vacancy : 18 ( As below ).
|No.||Category||Total vacancy||Out of total Posts reserved for Women|
- In case of non-availability of Women candidates in the respective category, the post so reserved will be allotted to male candidates belonging to the same category.
- Selection to the posts of unreserved Category and posts reserved for women candidates thereof as well as selection to the posts SEBC, SC and ST Categories and posts reserved for women candidates thereof shall be made on the basis of marks obtained in selection process by the candidates of respective categories and also women candidates of that category and on the basis of qualifying standard
prescribed by the commission keeping in view to maintain efficiency of respective cadre / service.
- The candidates belonging to reserved category can apply against vacancies for Unreserved Category and the criteria will be applicable as per Unreserved Category.
- Out of 18 Posts 01 post is reserved for Physically Handicapped, who are O.A. ( One Arm affected ) or O.L. ( One Leg affected ) or O.A.L. ( One Arm Leg affected ) or B.L. ( Both leg affected ) or H.H. ( Hearing Handicapped in moderate category maximum 40% and above but not more than 75% ).
Gujarat PSC Research Officer Educational Qualification 2015 : Possess :
- a post graduate degree with second class with Statistics or Applied Statistics or Mathematical Statistics or Economics or Applied Economics or Business Economics or Econometrics or Mathematics. as principal subject from any of the Universities established or incorporated by or under the Central or State Act in India, or any other educational institution recognized as such or declared as deemed University under section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956, Or
- a degree with second class with 55% marks with Statistics or Applied Statistics or Mathematical Statistics or Economics or Applied Economics or Business Economics or Econometrics or Mathematics as principal subject from any of the Universities established or incorporated by or under the Central or State Act in India, or any other educational institution recognized as such or declared as deemed University under section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956.
- Possess the basic knowledge of Computer Application as prescribed in the Gujarat Civil Service Classification and Recruitment ( General ) Rules, 1967.
- Possess adequate knowledge of Guajarati or Hindi or both.
Gujarat PSC Research Officer Pay Scale 2015 : 9,300 – 34,800 ( Grade pay – 4600 ).
Age Limit for Gujarat PSC Research Officer 2015 : Not more than 32 years. Age will be calculated on the last date of the receipt of application.
Upper Age limit shall be relaxed as under :
|1.||S.C., S.T., S.E.B.C. Category of Gujarat origin||05 Years ( Maximum up to 45 years )|
|2.||Women Candidates belonging to Unreserved Category of Gujarat origin||05 Years ( Maximum up to 45 years )|
|3.||Women Candidates belonging to reserved category of Gujarat origin||10 Years ( maximum up to 45 years. Including / Inclusive Five years relaxation for women )|
|4.||Ex. Serviceman. Including E.C.O. / S.S.C.O||Length of Military Service plus three years, up to 40 years.|
|5.||Physically Disabled :In the case of physically handicapped candidates, who has O.A. ( One Arm affected ) or O.L. ( One Leg affected ) or B.L. ( Both leg affected ) or O.A.L. ( One Arm Leg affected ) or H.H. ( Hearing Handicapped In moderate category maximum 40% and above but not more than 75% ) shall be considered as suitable for applying in the advertisement, shall get 10 years relaxation in the age limit subject to his / her ability for age relaxation according to Govt. Rules. No relaxation is available to the candidates possessing other than the prescribed physical disabilities.|
|6.||A candidate who is already in Gujarat Govt. service, either as a permanent or a temporary officiating continuously for six months and had not crossed age limit prescribed for the advertised post at the time of his first appointment.||If experience is not prescribed as one of the qualifications in the advertisement, Govt. servants who are working on the post from which an employee can be promoted to the post so advertised, be entitled to relaxation of 5 years, or to the extent of equal number of years for which service has been put in by him, whichever is less.|
- If the number of the candidates available for interview test is more than requirement Preliminary Test will be held.
- If the Commission decides to conduct the Preliminary Test considering the number of posts and applications received, the marks obtained by the candidates in the Preliminary Test shall be considered for shortlisting the candidates to be called for interview and such marks shall not be considered for final selection.
- As per the Instruction / Provision of the commission, the candidates of each category are being called for interview as per following norms :
No. of Post Candidates to be called for an interview 01 06 02 08 03 10 04 & more 03 times of the post
- The candidates should produce formula / method of calculation of percentage where percentage of marks is not given by the University.
- The candidates having qualification from foreign University. Should produce necessary documents / proof regarding the recognition / equivalence of their degree.