Gujarat PSC Recruitment 2015 for Professor
Gujarat Public Service Commission,
Gujarat PSC online applications are invited for the posts of Professors in the Government Engineering Colleges, in Gujarat Education Service, Class – I ( Collegiate Branch ) between dates 23.09.2015 13.00 Hrs. to date 08.10.2015 13.00 Hrs.
Total 07 Posts as mentioned below :
|Advt No.||Name of Branch||Total Posts||Category wise Posts||Posts Reserved for women candidates out of Category wise Posts||Corresponding Branch|
|Gen.||S. C.||S.T.||S.E.B.C.||Gen.||S. C.||S.T.||S.E.B.C.|
|49||Plastic Engineering||01||01||00||00||00||00||00||00||00||Benefit of corresponding Branches at Graduate level is not permitted and list of corresponding Branches for Post Graduate level is displayed in online application programme.|
|55||Electronics & Communication Engineering||01||01||00||00||00||00||00||00||00|
- No posts are reserved for Physically Disabled Candidates and Ex-service men. Candidates having disability of OA, OL and HH ( More than 40% and up to 100% ) can apply for the posts of Plastic Engineering, Rubber Engineering, Production Engineering, Textile Engineering, and Chemical Engineering. Whereas candidates having disability of OA, OL, BL, B and LV and HH ( More than 40% and up to 100% ) can apply for the posts of Electronics and Communication Engineering and candidates having disability of OA and OL can apply for the post of Industrial Engineering. The candidates having other types of disabilities cannot apply for these posts.
- Candidates belonging to reserved categories are free to apply against general category posts. In that case the all criteria will be applicable as per general category.
GPSC Professor Educational Qualification & Experience 2015 : Advt. No. 49/2015-16 to 55/2015-16.
- Possess a Ph. D. in Engineering or Technology with Bachelor’s and Master’s Degree in relevant branch in Engineering or Technology with first class or equivalent grade point either at Bachelor or Master level obtained from any of the universities established or incorporated under the Central or a State Act, in India, or any other educational institution recognized by the Government or declared to be deemed as University under section – 3 of the University Grant Commission Act, 1956; or possess an equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Government; and
- have at least ten years combined or separate experience in the field of teaching or industry or research out of which at least five years should be at the level of Associate Professor, before or after acquiring Ph. D. degree, or
- have at least thirteen years combined or separate experience in the field of teaching or industry or research before or after acquiring Ph. D. degree.
- Possess the basic knowledge of computer application as prescribed in the Gujarat Civil Services Classification and Recruitment ( General ) Rules, 1967.
- Possess adequate knowledge of Gujarati or Hindi or both.
- In case of research experience, good academic record and books / research paper publication / Intellectual Property Rights ( IPR ) / patent record as the commission may deem fit shall be required, to be submitted to the Gujarat Public Service Commission.
- In case the experience in industry is considered, the same shall be at managerial level which can be considered equivalent to the post of Associate Professor with active participation record in devising, quality control, innovating, training, technical books / research paper publications / Intellectual Property Rights ( IPR ) / patent, etc. as deem fit by the Gujarat Public Service Commission.
- Equivalence for Ph. D. is based on publication of five international Journal papers, each Journal having a cumulative impact index of not less than 2.0, with incumbent as the main author and all five publications being in the author’s area of specialization.
Note : The candidates shall have to submit necessary proof / documents of “Cumulative Impact Index” of concerned journal.
- “Relevant branch” shall be such as specified by the Government.
- If a class or division is not awarded, minimum aggregate 60% marks shall be considered equivalent to first class or division.
- If a grade point system is adopted the cumulative grade point average ( CGPA ) shall be converted in equivalent marks as below :
Grade Point Equivalent Percentage 6.25 55% 6.75 60% 7.25 65% 7.75 70% 8.25 75%
- The applications of the candidates having qualification in related branch shall be considered only when sufficient numbers of candidates having qualification in respective branch are not available.
- The number of candidates to be called for personal interview will be three times of the advertised posts from the respective branch. If adequate candidates are available in respective branch, the applications of candidates of related branch shall not be considered. If adequate candidates will not available for personal interview, then gap will be filled by the candidates from related branch. To fill this gap the following criteria will be applied to the candidates from related branch.
- Firstly Ph. D. and M. E. ( First class with Distinction ) & thereafter Ph.D and M.E. ( First Class ) will be considered. To restrict number percentage / marks obtained will be considered.
- In second stage percentage / marks obtained at M. E. level and
- In third stage percentage / marks obtained at B. E. level will be taken into consideration.
- If adequate candidates will be eligible from respective branch for personal interview then the above mentioned formula will be applied to restrict the number of candidates or primary test will be conducted. In such case applications of candidates of related branch will not be considered. The syllabus for preliminary ( screening ) test will be of post graduate level syllabus.
- The candidates having qualifications from foreign university will have to produce proof for recognition and equivalency of their degree.
- The candidates from university which do not show percentage in mark sheet will have to produce formula / supportive documents for calculation of percentage.
- GPSC Professor Pay scale 2015 : 37,400/- to 67,000/- GP 10,000/-.
- Age limit for GPSC Professor 2015 : Not be more than 47 years of age. Age will be calculated as on last date of application.
Note : As per prevailing rules of Government relaxation in upper age limit will be as under :
|1.||Gujarat Government Servants who are serving on permanent basis or a temporary basis for period of six months in Government service and whose first appointment is within age limit of the post mentioned in the advertisement.||Upper Age limit will not be applicable.|
GPSC Professor Application Fee 2015 :
- 100/- is to be paid as application Fee by General category candidates.
- Candidates belong to Reserved category and candidate who is physically disable have not to pay Application Fee.