Gujarat PSC Recruitment 2016 for Medical Officer
|GPSC Medical Officer Application Issue Date : 01.07.2016|
|GPSC Medical Officer Application Last Date : 16.07.2016|
Name of GPSC Post : Medical Officer (Ayurved) / Resident Medical Officer (Ayurved), Gujarat Ayurved Service, Class-II, under Health and Family Welfare Department.
Total GPSC Posts : 336 vacancies as described below.
|No.||Category||Total Posts||Out of Total Posts, reserved for Women Candidate|
( Unreserved Economically Weaker Section )
The GPSC Medical Officer preliminary test will be held at Ahmedabad or Gandhinagar probably on date : 23rd October, 2016.
- Out of total posts, 10 posts are reserved for only ( One Leg ) affected candidate who can move independently and perform duties can apply for the post. Candidates other than prescribed above are not eligible for application.
- Out of total posts 03 posts are reserved for Ex-Serviceman Candidates.
- In case of non availability of woman candidate in respective category the post so reserved for them will be allotted to male candidate of that category.
- Selection to the posts of Unreserved Category and posts reserved for women candidates thereof as well as selection to the posts of S&E.B.C, SC, ST and UEWS Categories and posts reserved for women candidates thereof shall be made on the basis of marks obtained in selection process by the candidates of respective Categories and also women candidates of that category and on the basis of qualifying standard prescribed by the Commission keeping in view to maintain efficiency of respective cadre/service.
GPSC Medical Officer Educational Qualification 2016 :
- a degree in Bachelor of Ayurved Medicine and Surgery (B.A.M.S.) obtained from any of the Universities established or incorporated by or under the Central or State Act in India; or any other educational institution recognized as such or declared to be deemed as University under section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956; or possess an equivalent qualification recognized under Indian Medicine Central Council Act, 1970.
- Possess the basic knowledge of computer application as prescribed in the Gujarat Civil Services Classification and Recruitment ( General ) Rules, 1967.
- Adequate knowledge of Gujarati or Hindi or both.
- have passed the Secondary School Certificate (S.S.C.) Examination or Higher Secondary Certificate (H.S.C.) Examination with Sanskrit as one of the subjects or its equivalent from recognized Institute.
Note : The selected candidate shall be registered with the State Bord of Ayurved and Unani System of Medicine at the time of his application if not so registered.
GPSC Medical Officer Pay Scale 2016 : Pay Band 9300 – 34800/- Plus Grade pay 5400/-.
Age Limit for GPSC Medical Officer 2016 : Not more than 35 years.
Upper Age limit shall be relaxed as under :
|1||S.&E.B.C., SC, ST and UEWS candidate of Gujarat Origin only||05 years|
|2||Woman candidate belonging to unreserved category||05 years|
|3||Woman candidate belonging to S.&E.B.C., SC, ST, UEWS category of Gujarat Origin only||10 years ( including relaxation of 5 years as woman candidate ) Subject to maximum 45 years.|
|4||Disabled Candidates : having disability of OL ( One Leg ) who can move independently and perform duties may be allowed relaxation in age upto 10 years subject to maximum 45 years of age on the basic of medical certificate issued by the Medical Board. Candidates having disability other than prescribed above are not eligible for application.|
|5||A candidate who is already in Gujarat Govt. service, either as a permanent or as a temporary Govt. servant officiating continuously for six months and has not crossed age limit prescribed for the advertised post at the time of his first appointment.||
GPSC Medical Officer Application Fee 2016 : Candidates of General Category has to pay 100/- as Application fee. While candidates of Reserved Category of Gujarat State origin only & physically disable candidates are exempted from application fee.
- If the number of the candidates available for GPSC Medical Officer interview test is more than requirement preliminary test will be held.
- If the Commission decides to conduct the preliminary test considering the number of posts and applications received, the marks obtained by the candidates in the GPSC Medical Officer preliminary test shall be considered for shortlisting the candidates to be called for interview and such marks shall not be considered for final selection.
- As per the instruction / provision of the commission, the candidates of each category are being called for interview as per following norms :
No. of Post Candidates to be called for an Interview 01 06 02 08 03 10 04 & more 03 times of the post