Gujarat PSC Recruitment 2015 for Inspector of Motor Vehicles
It is informed the candidates for confirmation of the application for the selection to the post of Inspector of Motor Vehicles, Class- II, ( Advt. 02/2015-16 ) during Date : 22.04.2015, 13.00 p.m. to Date : 07.05.2015, 13.00 p.m.
Total No. of Posts : 100 ( As under ) -
|No.||Category||Total post||Out of total Post reserved for Women candidate|
Out of total post 01 post is reserved for Ex-Servicemen.
- In case of non-availability of Women candidates in the respective category, the post so reserved will be allotted to male candidates belonging to the same category.
- The disabled candidates are not eligible for GPSC Job Online application.
- The candidates belonging to reserved category can apply against vacancies for Unreserved Category and the criteria will be applicable as per Unreserved Category.
- Possess a Degree in Mechanical engineering or Automobile Engineering of a recognized University or deemed university or possess an equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Government for this purpose.
- The candidate shall possess a motor driving license of motor cycle and light motor vehicles at the time of appointment.
- The Candidate shall obtain a driving license of heavy goods vehicle and heavy passenger motor vehicle during the probation period.
- The candidate shall possess the basic knowledge of Computer Application as prescribed in the Gujarat Civil Service Classification and Recruitment ( General ) Rules, 1967.
- The candidate shall possess the following minimum physical standards :
- For Male candidate height not less than 162 centimeters ( 155 centimeters for Scheduled Tribes candidates of Gujarat origin ) and minimum chest measurement 79 centimeters deflated and weight not less than 50 kg.
- For Female candidate height not less than 158 centimeters ( 151 centimeters for Scheduled Tribes candidates of Gujarat origin ) and weight not less than 45 Kg.
- A candidate should not be colour blind and should have clear vision with or without glasses.
- The candidate shall possess adequate knowledge of Gujarati and Hindi.
GPSC Inspector of Vehicles Pay Scale 2015 : 9300-34800 ( Grade pay-4600 )
Age Limit for GPSC Inspector 2015 : Not less than 21 years and not more than 30 years. Age will be calculated on the last date of the receipt of GPSC 2015 application.
- The number of candidate to be called for GPSC Interview test shall be about three times of the number of vacancies.
- The candidate who fails to remain present at the interview on the specified date and time shall not be eligible for selection.
Upper Age limit for GPSC Inspector of Vehicles shall be relaxed as under :
|1||S.C., S.T., S.E.B.C. Category of Gujarat origin||05 Years|
|2||Women Candidates belonging to Unreserved Category||05 Years|
|3||Women Candidates belonging to reserved Category of Gujarat origin||10 Years ( Inclusive Five years relaxation for women )|
|4||Ex. Serviceman Including E.C.O. / S.S.C.O.||Length of Military Service plus three years, up to 40 years|
Important Provisions :
- There will be a Gujarat PSC written test for GPSC selection. There will be two question papers in written test and both papers are compulsory and multiple choice type.
- Question paper-1 will be of either Mechanical Engineering or Automobile engineering of 200 marks and 200 questions with 120 minutes duration. Question paper-2 will be of two parts with 60 minutes duration. Part-A will be of Gujarati language of 50 marks and Part-B will be of English language of 50 marks. Each Part will consist of 50 Questions each of one mark in Question paper.
- Candidates have to give an option in the GPSC Inspector of Vehicles application form for Mechanical Engineering or Automobile Engineering subject. The medium of written test shall be English except for Part B of Question Paper II of the GPSC written test.
- Entry in Gujarat PSC written examination is provisional and without any scrutiny of the Inspector of Vehicles job application.
- Result of Question paper-1 will be prepared by using suitable scaling formula.
- Candidature of the candidates not possessing eligibility criteria prescribed in the advertisement / recruitment rules will be cancelled at any stages of the GPSC selection procedure.
- The Gujarat Public Service Commission shall declare the Provisional result of written examination. About three times of number of category wise candidates will be considered of the advertised posts. The successful candidates will have to submit printed copy of his / her application form along with necessary certificates within 7 days from declaration of the provisional result to the GPSC Commission.