Gujarat PSC Recruitment 2016 for Assistant Engineer (Civil)
Gujarat Public Service Commission Online applications are invited for the post of the Assistant Engineer (Civil), Class-II, Under Narmada and Water Resources Department during Date : 01st December, 2016, 01.00 P.M. to Date : 16th December, 2016, 01.00 P.M.
Candidates are instructed to visit Notice Board or the Website of Gujarat Public Service Commission http://gpscojas.gujarat.gov.in for all provisions of advertisement, General Instructions, and the method of online application.
- Tentative Date for P.T : 26th March, 2017
- Tentative month for P.T Result : May, 2017
- Tentative month for Interview : November, 2017
- Final result will be published during 10 working days after the last date of interview.
Total No.of Vacancy : 350
|S.No.||Category||Total Vacancy||Out of Total Post Reserved for Women|
- In case of non-availability of Women candidates in the respective category, the post so reserved will be allotted to male candidates belonging to the same category.
- Selection to the posts of unreserved Category and posts reserved for women candidates thereof as well as selection to the posts of SEBC, SC and ST Categories and posts reserved for women candidates thereof Shall be made on the basis of marks obtained in selection process by the candidates of respective categories and also women candidates of that category and on the basis of qualifying standard prescribed by the commission keeping in view to maintain efficiency of respective cadre/service.
- The candidates belonging to reserved category can apply against vacancies for Unreserved Category but the criteria will be applicable as per Unreserved Category.
- Out of above mentioned post 05 posts are reserved for Physically Disabled Candidates who are O.L. (One Leg affected or O.A. (One Arm affected ) and 05 posts are reserved for H.H. (Hearing Handicapped) having disability of 40 % or above and up to 100 % can apply. The candidates possessing other than the prescribed physical disabilities are not eligible to apply.
- Out of the Total Post 03 post are reserved for Ex-Servicemen.
Educational Qualification for GPSC Assistant Engineer Jobs 2016 :
- Possess a degree in Engineering (Civil) obtained from any of the Universities or institutions established or incorporated by or under the Central or State Act in India; or any other educational institutions recognized as such or declared to be a deemed University under section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956.
- The basic knowledge of Computer Application as prescribed in the Gujarat Civil Service Classification and Recruitment (General) Rules, 1967.
- Adequate knowledge of Gujarati or Hindi or both.
Pay Scale for GPSC Assistant Engineer 2016 : 9300-34800 (Grade Pay 4600)
Gujarat PSC Assistant Engineer Age Limit 2016 : Not more than 35 years. Age will be calculated on the last date of the receipt of application.
Upper Age limit for Gujarat PSC Recruitment 2016 :
1. S.E.B.C, S.C., S.T. Candidates of origin of Gujarat : 05 Years (maximum up to 45 years)
2. Women Candidates belonging to Unreserved : 05 Years (maximum up to 45 years)
3. Women Candidates belonging to S.E.B.C., S.C. and S.T. Category of origin of Gujarat : 10 Years (maximum up to 45 years)
4. Ex.Serviceman. Including E.C.O./S.S.C.O. : Length of Military Service plus three years up to 40 years.
5. Physically Disabled : In the case of physically Disabled candidates who are O.L. (One Leg affected) or O.A. (One Arm affected) and H.H. (Hearing Handicapped) having disability of 40% or above and up to 100% shall be considered as suitable for applying in the advertisement, shall get 10 years relaxation in the age limit subject to his/her ability for age relaxation according to Government Rules. No relaxation is available to the candidates possessing other than the prescribed physical disabilities.
6. A candidate who is already in Gujarat Government service, either as a permanent or a temporary officiating continuously for six months and had not crossed age limit prescribed for the advertised post at the time of his first appointment.
- If experience is prescribed as one of the qualifications, the upper age limit shall not apply.
- If experience is not prescribed as one of the qualifications and a Government servant appointed to a post requiring a Medical, Engineering, Veterinary or Agriculture degree or diploma and who applied for any such post, the upper age limit shall not apply.
- If experience is not prescribed as one of the qualifications in the advertisement, Government servants who are working on the post from which an employee can be promoted to the post so advertised, be entitled to relaxation of 5 years, or to the extent of equal number of years for which service has been put in by him, whichever is less.