GPSC Recruitment 2016 for Additional Chief Town Planner
Gujarat Public Service Commission Online applications are invited for the posts of Additional Chief Town Planner in the General State Service, Class-1 (Advt.-41/2016-17) between date 18th October, 2016, 13.00 Hrs. to date 03rd November, 2016, 13.00 Hrs.
Candidates are instructed to visit Notice Board or the website of Gujarat Public Service Commission http://gpscojas.gujarat.gov.in for all provisions of advertisement, General Instructions, and the method of online application.
Gujarat PSC Total No.of Vacancy :- 02 (As Under)
|S.No.||Category||Total Vacancy||Out of Total Post Reserved for Women|
- Out of above mentioned posts no post is reserved for Physically Disabled Candidates. But those candidates who have disability of O.A (One Arm affected) or O.L. (One Leg affected) can apply in unreserved category. The candidates possessing other than prescribed physical disabilities are not eligible to apply.
- The candidates belonging to reserved category can apply against vacancies for Unreserved Category but the criteria will be applicable as per Unreserved Category.
Gujarat PSC Educational Qualification & Experience :-
(1) Possess a degree in Architecture or Civil engineering obtained from any of the Universities established or incorporated by or under the Central or a State Act in India; or any other educational institution recognised as such or declared to be deemed as University under section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956; or any other equivalent qualification recognised as such by the Architects Act, 1972; and
(2) A post graduate degree or post graduate diploma in City planning or Town planning or Regional planning or Urban planning or Infrastructure planning or Industrial planning or Traffic and Transportation planning or Urban Design obtained from any of the Universities established or incorporated by or under the Central or a State Act in India; or any other educational institution recognised as such or declared to be deemed as University under section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956; and recognised by All India Council for Technical Education or a membership obtained by examination of Institution of Town Planners of India, New Delhi; and
- Have about 10 years experience on the post not below the rank of Town Planner, Class I, in the General State Service under the Town Planning and Valuation Department; Or
- Have about ten years separate or combined experience in the field of City planning or Town planning or Regional planning or Urban planning or Infrastructure planning or Industrial planning or Traffic and Transportation planning or Urban Design in Government or Local bodies or Government undertaking Board or Corporation or Limited Company established under the Companies Act, 2013 on the post which can be considered equivalent to the post not below the rank of Town Planner, class I, in the General State Services under the Town Planning and Valuation Department; and
(4) Possess the basic knowledge of Computer Application as prescribed in the Gujarat Civil Services Classification and Recruitment (General) Rules, 1967;
(5) Possess adequate knowledge of Gujarati or Hindi or both.
GPSC Additional Chief Town Planner Recruitment 2016 Pay Scale : 37400-67000 (Grade pay-8700)
Age Limit for Gujarat PSC Additional Chief Town Planner : Not more than 45 years. Age will be calculated as on the last date of the receipt of application.
GPSC Upper Age limit shall be relaxed as under :
A candidate who is already in Gujarat Government service, either as a permanent or a Temporary officiating continuously for six months and had not crossed age limit prescribed for the advertised post at the time of his first appointment.
- If experience is prescribed as one of the qualifications, the upper age limit shall not apply.
- If experience is not prescribed as one of the qualifications and a Government servant appointed to a post requiring a Medical, Engineering, Veterinary or Agriculture degree or diploma and who applied for any such post, the upper age limit shall not apply.
- If experience is not prescribed as one of the qualifications in the advertisement, Government servant who are working on the post from which an employee can be promoted to the post so advertised, be entitled to relaxation of 5 years, or to the extent of equal number of years for which service has been put in by him, which is less.
(1) For Syllabus of Preliminary Test please refer Gujarat Public Service Commissions website http://gpsc.gujarat.gov.in.
(2) The marks obtained by the candidate in the Preliminary Test shall be considered for shortlisting the candidates to be called for interview and such marks shall be considered for final selection.
(3) As per the Instruction/Provision of the commission, the candidates of each category are being called for interview as per following norms :
No.of Post – Candidates to be called for an interview
01 – 06
02 – 08
03 – 10
04 & more – 03 times of the post
(4) The candidates should produce formula/method of calculation of percentage where percentage of marks is not given by the University.
(5) The candidates having qualification from foreign Uni. Should produce necessary documents/proof regarding the recognition/equivalence of their degree.
GPSC Recruitment 2016 Application Fee : Candidates of General Category have to pay 100/- as Application Fee. While candidates of Reserved Category of Gujarat State & candidates who is physically disabled have not to pay application fee. While candidates of Reserved Category of Other States have to pay application fee.