Assam PSC Recruitment 2015 for Research Assistant & Assistant Professors
Assam Public Service Commission invites application from Indian Citizens as defined in Articles 5 to 8 of the Constitution of India for the under-mentioned posts under Assam Government in the scale of pay as indicated below and carrying usual allowances as admissible under Rules of the Govt. of Assam.
(A) Name of Assam PSC Post / Posts :
1. Research Assistant under Planning & Development Deptt.
(i)Number of Assam PSC Post : 10 ( ten )
|OC||OBC / MOBC||STP||SC||STH||Total||Post reserved for P.W.D. & type of disability.|
(ii)Scale of Pay for Assam PSC Research Assistant Jobs 2015 : 8,000/- to 35,000/- PB-3 plus a Grade Pay of 4300/- PM plus other allowances as admissible under the Rules of the Govt. of Assam.
iii)Age Limit for Assam PSC Research Assistant Recruitment 2015 : 21 years to 38 years as on 01.01.2015. The upper age limit is relaxable upto 5 ( five ) years in case of SC / ST(P) & ST(H) candidates.
The Assam PSC upper age limit in respect of candidates who have been serving in lower posts or cadres in the service for a maximum period of 5 years on the date of application shall be 40 years on the 1st January 2015. Such candidates seeking age relaxation must apply through proper channel but no extra time will be given for submission of application forms.
iv) Educational Qualification for Assam PSC Research Assistant Jobs 2015 : Bachelor Degree in Arts, Science or Commerce from any recognized University with either Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, Agricultural Economics, Sociology, Anthropology, Social Anthropology, Social Work, Business Administration, Business Management, Geography or Commerce as one of the subjects. Preference shall be given to the Honours Graduates.
2. Assistant Professors in Diphu Govt. College, Diphu under Higher Education Deptt.
(i) Number of Assam PSC Assistant Professors Posts 2015 : 17 ( Seventeen )
|Sl. No.||Name of Posts||Subjects||Total Posts||UR||Reserved for OBC / MOBC||Reserved for SC||Reserved for STP||Reserved for STH||Grand Total||Posts Reserved for PWD and type of Disability|
|Total||RFW||Total||RFW||Total||RFW||Total||RFW||Total||RFW||Total||RFW||One post of Assistant Professors shall be Reserved for PWD candidate irrespective of subject and reservation as under :
For Arts subject except Mathematics and Geography : Orthopedic / Visual Disability.
For Science stream : Orthopedic Disability
(ii) Scale of Pay for Assam PSC Assistant Professors 2015 : 15,600/- to 39,100/- Grade Pay of 6,600/- with other allowances as admissible.
(iii) Assam PSC Assistant Professors Age Limit 2015 : 21 to 38 years as on 01.01.2015.
(iv) Age Relaxation for Assam PSC Assistant Professors 2015 : Relaxation in upper age limit up to 5 years for candidates belonging to SC and ST is applicable.
(v) Educational Qualification for Assam PSC Assistant Professors 2015 :
- Good academic record with at least 55% marks ( or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed ) at the Master’s Degree level in a relevant subject from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign University.
- Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test ( NET ) conducted by the UGC, CSIR or similar test accredited by the UGC like SLET / SET.
- Candidates, who are, or have been awarded a Ph.D. Degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission ( Minimum Standards and procedure for Award of Ph.D.Degree ) Regulations, 2009, shall be exempted from the requirement of the minimum eligibility condition of NET / SLET / SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in Universities / Colleges / Institutions.
- NET / SLET / SET shall also not be required for such Masters programmes in disciplines for which NET / SLET / SET is not conducted.
- A relaxation of 5% will be provided at the graduate and Master’s level for the Schedule Caste / Schedule Tribe / Differently–abled ( physically and visually differently-abled ) categories for the purpose of eligibility and for assessing good academic record during direct recruitment to teaching positions. The eligibility marks of 55% marks ( or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed ) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible, based on only the qualifying marks without including any grace mark procedures.
- A relaxation of 5% may be provided, from 55% to 50% of the marks to the Ph.D. Degree holders, who have obtained their Master’s Degree prior to 19 September, 1991.
B. How to Apply for Assam PSC Assistant Professors 2015
- Assam PSC application form may be obtained by downloading the same from the APSC’s website www.apsc.nic.in
- The last date of receiving duly filled up application form in the Assam Public Service Commission’s office is fixed on 27.04.2015.
- Assam PSC Applications ( including applications received through post ) received after the last date fixed for receipt shall not be entertained.
- Applications which are signed by the candidates and accompanied by all particulars as called for in the Assam PSC application form prescribed by the Commission only shall be considered and candidates fulfilling all the terms of the advertisement of the respective posts shall be called for a Screening test or Viva-voce interview where necessary as decided by the Assam Public Service Commission.
- (i) All candidates whether in Government Service or in Government owned undertaking or other similar organizations / Corporations / Boards / Bodies or in private employments may submit their application direct to the Commission subject to fulfilling the condition. If any such candidate forwards his / her application through his / her Controlling Officer / Employer, he / she should ensure that the application reaches the Assam Public Service Commission within the closing date, failing which it is liable to be rejected even if it had been submitted to the Controlling Officer / Employer before the closing date.(ii) The Assam PSC Commission shall in no way be responsible in the event of any candidate after appointment is not released by the concerned authority to enable him / her to join the new post.
- Candidates in the service of the State Govt. of Assam claiming age relaxation in terms of Personnel (B) O.M No. ABP 513/79/9, dated 27-03-1980 and O.M No. ABP 73/89/17, dated 04-01-1992 must submit the necessary recommendations from the employers within 30 days from the last date submission of forms.
How to Fill up the Application Form for Assam PSC Recruitment 2015
- Applicants must affix 1 ( One ) copy of recent photograph on the space provided in the application form firmly with good quality glue / adhesive and also should enclose another copy along with the application. The photograph must be signed prominently. The Assam PSC Commission shall not be responsible for detachment / loss of the photograph.
- Since the practice of furnishing attested copies of certificates / mark sheets etc. by competent authority has been discontinued by the Govt., the applicant shall furnish copies of certificate / mark sheet etc. declared by himself / herself as certified to be true copy of the original along with the Assam PSC application.
- In case of detection of any false declaration / statement made by any applicant, his / her application for Assam PSC will be rejected and will also be penalized as per Rules / Law. Self attested photocopies of Certificate / Mark Sheet from HSLC onwards and also Caste Certificate / Registration Certificate / Experience Certificate ( where necessary ) should be furnished invariably and should be tagged properly without any chance of getting lost during transit. The Assam PSC Commission will not be responsible for any such loss due to improper tagging.
- Incomplete application in terms of the Assam PSC Advertisement will be summarily rejected. No documents will be entertained after the last date of submission of Assam PSC application.
C. Assam PSC Written Test / Interview 2015 :
If the number of Assam PSC applications received is large, the :
- Assam Public Service Commission may short-list the number of candidates either on the basis of their marks obtained in the qualifying academic examination required for the post in terms of advertisement. Or
- By holding Screening test ( Multiple choice objective type written examination ) which will be notified in due course.
D. The list of candidates whose applications are found valid or rejected after scrutiny will be made available in the Assam Public Service Commission’s website ( www.apsc.nic.in ) showing grounds of rejections in due course.