Assam PSC Recruitment 2016 for Inspector, Preservation Officer, Lecturer
Assam Public Service Commission invites application from Indian Citizens as defined in Articles 5 to 8 of the Constitution of India for the under-mentioned posts under Assam Government in the scale of pay and carrying usual allowances as admissible under Rules of the Govt. of Assam.
Name of the Assam PSC Post 2016 :
1. Inspector of Legal Metrology under Food, Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs Department :
OC (No. of Post : 12, RFW : 04)
OBC / MOBC (No. of Post : 05, RFW : 02)
SC (No. of Post : 01)
ST(P) (No. of Post : 01)
Total (No. of Post : 19, RFW : 06)
2. Preservation Officer in the office of the Director of Historical and Antiquarian Studies, Assam under Higher Education (Tech.) Department (Re-Advertisement) :
- Graduate in Arts / Science preferably Major in History / Chemistry from a University or Institution recognized by the Govt.
- Diploma in two courses in “Care and Conservation” of books / Manuscripts from a recognized Institute / University.
- Certificate in Archives Administration or Record management, preferably Archives Administration from a recognized Institute / University.
3. Lecturer in Graphics in the Govt. College of Arts & Crafts, under Cultural Affairs Department (Re-Advertisement) :
4. Director of Economics & Statistics under Planning & Development Department :
- At least 2nd class Master Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics from a recognized University or its equivalent. (OR) Degree of a recognized University with Mathematics, Statistics, Economics as a subject and a diploma recognized by Govt. obtained after at least two years Post Graduate Training in Statistics.
Note : Doctorate or other Research Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics is desirable.
- Not less than 10 years experience in Statistical works / investigation / research in a Govt. Department or commercial concern of repute or in conducting or guiding research in Statistics in a University or Institute of training and research as evidenced by published work. Administrative experience for not less than five years in a responsible capacity.
Assam PSC Application Form 2016 :
- Application form may be obtained by downloading the same from the APSC’s website www.apsc.nic.in
- The last date of receiving duly filled up Assam PSC application form in the Commission’s office is fixed on 06th August, 2016.
- Applications (including applications received through post) received after the last date fixed for receipt shall not be entertained.
- Applications which are signed by the candidates and accompanied by all particulars as called for in the application form prescribed by the Assam PSC Commission only shall be considered and candidates fulfilling all the terms of the advertisement of the respective posts shall be called for a Screening test / Viva Voce Assam PSC interview where necessary as decided by the Assam PSC Commission.
- All candidates whether in Government Service or in Government owned undertaking or other similar organizations / Corporations / Boards / Bodies or in private employments should forward his / her Assam PSC application through his / her Controlling Officer / Employer. He / She should ensure that the application reaches the Assam Public Service Commission within the closing date, failing which it is liable to be rejected even if it had been submitted to the Controlling Officer / Employer before the closing date.
- The Assam Public Service Commission shall in no way be responsible in the event of any candidate after appointment is not released by the concerned authority to enable him / her to join the new post of Assam PSC.
Instructions for Assam PSC 2016 :
- Applicants must affix 1 copy of recent photograph on the space provided in the Assam PSC application form firmly with good quality glue / adhesive and also should enclose another copy along with the application. The photograph must be signed prominently. The Assam PSC Commission shall not be responsible for detachment / loss of the photograph.
- Since the practice of furnishing attested copies of certificates / mark sheets etc. by competent authority has been discontinued by the Govt., the applicant shall furnish copies of certificate / mark sheet etc. declared by himself / herself as certified to be true copy of the original along with the Assam PSC application.
- In case of detection of any false declaration / statement made by any applicant, his / her application will be rejected and will also be penalized as per Rules / Law. Self attested photocopies of Certificate / Mark Sheet from HSLC onwards and also Caste Certificate / Registration Certificate / Experience Certificate (where necessary) should be furnished invariably and should be tagged properly without any chance of getting lost during transit. The Assam Public Service Commission will not be responsible for any such loss due to improper tagging.
- Incomplete application in terms of the Assam PSC Advertisement will be summarily rejected. No documents will be entertained after the last date of submission of Assam PSC application.
Assam PSC Written Test and Interview 2016 :
If the number of Assam PSC applications received is large, the
- Assam PSC Commission may short-list the number of candidates either on the basis of their marks obtained in the qualifying academic examination required for the post in terms of advertisement. (OR)
- By holding Screening test (Multiple choice objective type written examination) which will be notified in due course.
The list of candidates whose applications are found valid or rejected after scrutiny will be made available in the Assam Public Service Commission’s website (www.apsc.nic.in) showing grounds of rejections in due course.