Assam PSC Recruitment Exam 2015 for Junior Administrative Assistant
Assam Public Service Commission invites application from the permanent resident of Assam for the Post of Jr. A. A. ( Grade-III clerical cadre ) under the Establishment of Assam Public Service Commission, Kahanapara, Guwahatai-22, in the scale of pay as indicated below and carrying usual allowances as admissible under Rules of the Govt. of Assam.
Assam PSC Junior Administrative Assistant Main Exam Syllabus 2015
|Sl. No.||Paper||Subject||Description||Total Marks||Time|
|i.||I||General English||Essay Writing||100||3 hours|
|General Knowledge||Current Events|
|History of Assam|
|Constitution of India|
|Quantitative Aptitude||HSLC standard|
|ii.||II||Precis Writing ( English or in Assamese )||Unseen passage||100||3 hours|
|Drafting ( English or in Assamese )||2 ( two ) numbers|
|iii.||III||General Assamese / Alternative English||Note writing||50||2 hours|
|Develop a story from outline|
|iv.||IV||Elementary Knowledge on Computer ( Multiple Choice Questions )||MS-word, MS-excel, MS Access, Power Point, Internet, Basic knowledge on Computer Hardware and|
A) Name of Assam PSC Post / Posts 2015 : Junior Administrative Assistant
B) No. of Assam PSC Junior Administrative Assistant Posts 2015 : 14 ( fourteen )
|Open Category||O.B.C.||S.T ( P )||S.T ( H )||S.C.||Total||Reserved for PWD|
|Total No. of Posts||RFW||Total No. of Posts||RFW||Total No. of Posts||RFW||Total No. of Posts||RFW||Total No. of Posts||RFW||Total No. of Posts||RFW|
1. Scale of Pay for APSC Junior Administrative Assistant 2015 : 5200/-20200/- with Grade pay of 3000/- plus other allowance as admissible under Rules.
2. Assam PSC Junior Administrative Assistant Age Limit 2015 : Must not be less than 18 years and more than 38 years as on 01.01.2015. Upper age limit is relaxable by 5 years in case of SC / ST candidates and others as admissible as per Rules / Govt. Instructions.
3. Educational Qualification for APSC Junior Administrative Assistant 2015 : Must be Graduate in any discipline viz. Arts, Commerce or Science from any of the Universities incorporated by an Act of Central or State Legislature in India or other Educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be Deemed as a University under section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 with minimum 45% marks ( 40 % for SC / ST candidates ).
4. Other Qualification for APSC Junior Administrative Assistant Jobs 2015 :
- Must possess sufficient knowledge on MS Office i.e. MS Words, MS Excel, Power point Presentation and MS Access. Moreover the candidate must be able to operate Internet independently.
- The test of knowledge on computer shall be both written and practical.
5. Desirable Qualification for APSC Junior Administrative Assistant 2015 : Since the official language is also used in the works of the Assam Public Service Commission, it is desirable that the candidates should have preliminary knowledge of the official language of the State as defined in The Assam Official Language Act, 1960.
6. Scheme of Examination for APSC Junior Administrative Assistant 2015 : The Examination shall comprise of 4 ( Four ) stages.
- Preliminary Screening Test : The Preliminary examination will be OCR / OMR based examination with questions of Objective type Multiple Choice. There shall be only 1 ( one ) paper on General Knowledge and General English of Degree standard. The paper will consist of 100 Nos. of questions and each question will bear 1 mark. The duration will be 2 ( two ) hours. The detailed Syllabus will be up-loaded in the Commission’s website in due course.
Candidates equal to 20 to 21 times of the Number of posts notified shall qualify for the Main examination. Similarly, candidates equal to 4 times of the no of posts notified shall qualify for the Computer Practical examination and viva-voce. The preliminary examination shall be held in Guwahati. However, if the number of candidates become very large, the Assam PSC Commission will hold the Examination in the under mentioned places only.
- Guwahati : For Dhubri, Kokrajhar, Chirang, Bongaigaon, Goalpara, Kamrup Rural, Kamrup Metro, Nalbari, Baska, Barpeta, Mangoldoi, Udalguri, Sonitpur, Lakhimpur, Dhemaji, Silchar, Karimganj, Hailakandi, Dimahaso, Morigaon.
- Jorhat : For Tinsukia, Dibrugarh, Sibsagar, Jorhat, Golaghat, Nagaon, Karbi Anglong.
- Assam PSC Written Examination 2015 : The written Examination shall be held only in Guwahati. The examination will be conventional descriptive type examination. The examination will have the following papers.
Details are shown below :
Sl. No. Subjects Type of Exam Marks Duration 1. General English, General Knowledge and quantitative Aptitude of HSLC standard Conventional 100 3 hours 2. Precis writing & drafting ( either in English or Assamese ) Conventional 100 3 hours 3. General Assamese / Alternative English Conventional 50 2 hours 4. Elementary Knowledge on Computer Multiple Choice Objective 50 1 1/2 hour 5. Computer Practical - 50 2 hours Total 350 Viva-voce Interview 50 Grand Total 400
- Computer Practical : The Computer Practical Examination shall be held only in Guwahati.
- Viva-Voce : Assam PSC Examination shall be held in the office Complex of the Commission at Khanapara Guwahati.
(7) Assam PSC Examination Fees 2015
- Application Fees : Nil
- Examination Fees for Preliminary screening Test – 50/- for SC, ST(P) & ST(H). For others 100/- to be deposited only through e-Challan with State Bank of India.
- The journal number generated by the Bank should be uploaded in the online application System of the APSC Commission.
- Fee is not refundable.
- Fees for the Main Examination will be notified in due course of time.
(8) How to Apply for Assam PSC Recruitment Exam 2015 : Candidates are required to apply for the Preliminary Exam through Online mode only, No other mode for submission of application is allowed.
- Instructions for filling up online form have been uploaded in APSC website www.apsc.nic.in. Candidates should carefully go through the instructions while filling up forms.
- Candidates are not required to send any document viz., the APSC online application form, Registration slip, bank challan or the journal entry confirmation slip etc. to the office of the Assam PSC Commission.
- Since no document is required to be submitted along with the application for the APSC preliminary Examination, the Commission will accept the statements and particulars furnished by the candidates at its face value. The candidates himself / herself shall be squarely responsible for the statements made / information furnished by them. In the event of detection of any false, fabricated or counterfeited statement / information, the candidature of such candidates shall be rejected forthwith and appropriate penal action shall also be initiated.
- Since the applications are submitted online, the question of submission of Assam PSC applications through proper channel in case of the candidates already employed becomes redundant. However, such candidates shall intimate their appropriate appointing authority about submission of application in writing.
- The candidates already employed should note that the prerogative for according permission to appear in C.C. ( Preliminary & Main ) Examinations / join services on being selected by the Assam PSC Commission in due course of time shall rest upon the appropriate authority. The APSC Commission shall not be in any way responsible / accountable.
- Online form may be filled up w.e.f 7th May, 2015 to 12.00 Midnight of 31st May, 2015 only. No application for Assam PSC can be filled up after expiry of the given time as the link will be disabled.Note : The applicants are advised to submit only a single application; however, if due to any unavoidable situation, he / she submits another / multiple applications, then he / she must ensure that the application with the higher Registration Number is complete in all respects which will be accepted by the Assam Public Service Commission. The fee paid against one Registration Number shall not be adjusted against any other Registration Number.
- The candidates qualifying for the main examination shall have to apply in another form with necessary documents. In the event of detection of any false statement / information in the APSC application form for preliminary examination, he / she shall forfeit the right to sit in the main examination. Moreover, penal action shall be initiated.