Assam PSC Recruitment 2014 for Assistant Publicity Officer, Research Assistant, Special Officer
Assam Public Service Commission invites application from Indian Citizens as defined in Articles 5 to 8 of the Constitution of India for the under-mentioned posts under Assam Government in the scale of pay as indicated below and carrying usual allowances as admissible under Rules of the Govt. of Assam.
(A) Name of Post / Posts :
1. Asstt. Publicity Officer Under Finance ( Estt.B ) Deptt.
- Number of Post : 1 ( One ) Unreserved
UR OBC / MOBC STP SC STH Total Post reserved for P.W.D. & type of disability No. of Post WR No. of Post WR No. of Post WR No. of Post WR No. of Post WR No. of Post WR 1 - - - - - - - - - 1 - -
- Scale of Pay : 8,000/- to 35,000/- ( P.B-3 ) with Grade Pay of 4300/- PM plus other allowances as admissible under the Rules.
- Age : 21 years to 38 years as on 01.01.2014 the upper age limit is relaxable by 5 years in case of SC / ST candidates.
- Educational Qualification :
- A candidates must be graduate in Science / Arts / Commerce from any recognized University.
- A Degree / Diploma in Journalism or in Mass communication or atleast 3 ( three ) years experience in Journalism in a responsible capacity / Public relations / organization / Govt. public Relation Deptt.
- A Good Command over English.
- Knowledge of Assamese or any regional language of the State.
2. Research Asstt. under Finance ( Budget ) Estt.(B) Department.
- Number of Posts : 4 ( four ) unreserved
UR OBC / MOBC STP SC STH Post reserved for P.W.D. & type of disability. Total No. of Post WR No. of Post WR No. of Post WR No. of Post WR No. of Post WR - No. of Post WR 4 1 - - - - - - - - - 4 1
- Scale of Pay : 8,000/- to 35,000/- ( PB- 3 ) with Grade Pay of 4300/- PM plus other allowances as admissible under the Rules.
- Age : 21 years to 38 years as on 01.01.2014. The upper age limit is relaxable by 5 years in case of SC / ST candidates. In case of Govt. employee’s upper age limit shall be 45 years. However, the Govt. employees who have crossed the age limit of 38 year must apply through proper channel.
- Educational Qualification :
- A Candidate must be Graduate in Science / Arts / Commerce from a recognized university.
- Preference will be given to the candidates having Economics / Statistics / Mathematics.
- Other Qualification : Computer Knowledge having Diploma in M.S.Office.
3. Special Officer ( Ahom Studies ) in the Directorate of Historical and Antiquarian Studies Guwahati, Assam Under Higher Education ( Technical )Deptt. ( Re-Advertisement )
- Number of Posts : 1 ( One ) Open Category.
UR OBC / MOBC STP SC STH Post reserved for P.W.D. & type of disability. Total No. of Post WR No. of Post WR No. of Post WR No. of Post WR No. of Post WR - No. of Post WR 1 - - - - - - - - - - 1 -
- Scale of Pay : 8,000/- to 35,000/- ( P.B – 3 ) with Grade Pay of 5100/- pm plus other allowances as admissible under the Rules.
- Age : 21 years to 38 years as on 01.01.2014. The upper age limit is relaxable by 5 years in case of SC / ST candidates.
- Educational Qualification and Experience :
- Post Graduate Degree in History of a recognized University.
- A certificate / Diploma in Ahom-Tai from a recognized university.
- Published works in History. Proficiency in reading and deciphering of Ahom-Tai Manuscripts is desirable.
B. How to Apply Online for Assam PSC Recruitment 2014
- Application forms are obtainable from the Issue & Receipt Section of the Assam Public Service Commission, Jawahar Nagar, Khanapara, Guwahati-22 on written requisition addressed to the Deputy Secretary, Assam Public Service Commission stating clearly the name of the post and Department, upto 4.00 PM during office hours except holidays Or by downloading the same from the APSC website www.apsc.nic.in
- The last date of issue of application form by the undersigned and submission of application form duly filled up to the Commission’s office is fixed on 29.04.2014.
- Applications which are signed by the candidates and accompanied by all particulars including original Treasury Challan for 5.00 ( 2.50 for SC and ST ) as application fee showing name of post and Department and also full Head of Account ‘Non Tax Revenue-Other Non Tax Revenue-0051-PSC, 102-State Public Service Commission Application / Examination Fee Receipt of A.P.S.C.’ as called for in the application form supplied by the Commission only shall be considered and candidates fulfilling all the terms of the advertisement of the respective posts shall be called for a Screening test or Viva-voce interview where necessary as decided by the Commission.
- Fee ( payable through Treasury Challan only ) is non-refundable and non-inter-transferable from one post to another. However, candidates who are not employed need not furnish the application fee.
- All candidates whether in Govt. Service or in Govt. owned undertaking or other similar organizations / Corporations / Boards / Bodies or in private employments may submit their application direct to the Commission subject to fulfilling the condition that the candidates have informed his / her Head of Office / Department in writing that he / she is applying for the post, and sign the Declaration printed on the application form.
- Applications ( including applications received through post ) received after the last date fixed for receipt shall not be entertained.
How to fill up the Online form for Assam PSC Job Vacancies 2014
- Applicants must affix 1 ( One ) copy of recent photograph on the space provided in the application form firmly with good quality glue / adhesive and also should enclose another copy along with the application. The photograph must be signed prominently. The Commission shall not be responsible for detachment / loss of the photograph.
- Since the practice of furnishing attested copies of certificates / mark sheets etc. by competent authority has been discontinued by the Govt., the applicant shall furnish copies of certificate / mark sheet etc. declared by himself / herself as certified to be true copy of the original along with the application.
- In case of detection of any false declaration / statement made by any applicant, his / her application will be rejected and will also be penalized as per Rules / Law. Self attested photocopies of Certificate / Mark Sheet from HSLC onwards and also Caste Certificate / Registration Certificate / Experience Certificate ( where necessary ) should be furnished invariably and should be tagged properly without any chance of getting lost during transit. The Commission will not be responsible for any such loss due to improper tagging.
- Incomplete application in terms of the Advertisement will be summarily rejected. No documents will be entertained after the last date of submission of application.
C. Assam PSC Written Test / Interview 2014 :
If the number of applications received is large, the
- Commission may short-list the number of candidates either on the basis of their marks obtained in the qualifying academic examination required for the post in terms of advertisement. Or
- By holding Screening test ( Multiple choice objective type written examination ) which will be notified in due course.
D. The list of candidates whose applications are found valid or rejected after scrutiny will be made available in the Assam Public Service Commission’s website ( www.apsc.nic.in ) showing grounds of rejections in due course.