Assam PSC Local Fund Audit Service ( Promotion ) Exam 2015
1. Applications are hereby invited for the Assam Local Fund Audit Service ( Promotion ) Examination to be held on the dates to be notified later on for filling up of 18 ( eighteen ) nos. post, including backlog vacancies reserved for STP / STH candidates of Audit Officers ( Local Fund ), Assam in the scale of pay PB – 3, 8000/- 35000/- + Grade Pay of 4600/- P.M. ( as per ROP Rules, 2010 ) plus other allowances as admissible under the rules.
2. Assistant Audit Officers working under the control of Director of Audit ( Local Fund ), Assam who have completed at least 3 ( three ) years of service as on 01.01.2015 shall be eligible to appear in the examination. A certificate to that effect issued by the Appointing Authority must be furnish along with the application.
3. A candidate must be a citizen on India as defined in article 5 to 8 of the Constitution of India.
4. After appointment, the services of the candidates are liable to be transferred anywhere within the State of Assam or may be placed at the disposal of such authority as may be defined by the Govt.
5. Candidates must apply through proper channel otherwise such applications shall be rejected at the first instance. The recommendation of the appointing authority at part III of the application form must be furnished, otherwise the application shall be rejected.
6. There shall be reservation of posts for SC / ST / STH candidates as per provision of the Assam scheduled castes and Scheduled Tribes ( Reservation of vacancies in services & posts ) rules, 2012.
7. Application must accompany copies of experience certificate issued by appropriate authority with date, caste certificate in respect of SC / ST candidates issued by the competent authority in proper form as prescribed under rule 3 of the Assam Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribes ( Reservation of Vacancies in Services and Posts ) rules, 2012 and the Scheduled to the Assam SC / ST ( Reservation of vacancies in services and posts ) act, 1978 and caste certificate in respect of OBC including MOBC as per instructions issued by the Govt. under the relevant orders in this behalf only will be accepted.
8. Candidates shall have to download the prescribed application form with subjects and syllabus for the Assam Local Fund Audit Service ( Promotion ) Examination from the A.P.S.C’s website www.apsc.nic.in. The filled in application accompanied with necessary documents must reach the office of the APSC on or before 05.02.2015 copy of original Treasury Receipt of 50/- ( 25/- for SC / ST candidates ) as examination fee deposited into the Treasury ( in Indian Union ) under the Head of Account “Non-Tax Revenue – Other Non Tax Revenue, 0051 PSC, 102 State PSC, Examination fee receipt of APSC” must also be furnished along with the application. The fee is not refundable and no postal order, money order, bank draft, cheque, cash etc. will be accepted in lieu of the treasury receipt.
9. 2 ( two ) copies of recent passport size photograph duly attested by a Gazetted officer are also to be attached with the application form.
10. Incomplete application / applications not accompanied with all necessary enclosures as stated above and not in proper form shall summarily be rejected. Unsigned applications will also be rejected.
11. The decision of the Assam Public Service Commission as to the eligibility or otherwise of a candidates for admission to the examination will be final. Candidates shall have to sit for a written examination as per dates, venues and programme which will be notified in due course. No TA or DA is admissible for appearing in the examination.
12. The current reservation and backlog vacancies against the 18 ( eighteen ) nos. post as maintained on the basis of post based roster ( RVSP, Act 2012 ) issued vide notification no. LGL. 128/2011/40, dtd. 21.08.2012 will be as under :
|a. Backlog Vacancies|
|b. No. of posts for open category||10 nos.|
|Grand Total||18 nos.|
Syllabus and Subjects for the Assam Local Fund Audit Service ( Promotion ) Examination
|1.||Essay or Precis and Drafting||The standard will be similar to that of the essay and precis for degree examination|
|2.||Elementary Book Keeping||The paper in this subject will be of a fairly elementary character. The student complete Commercial Book Keeping, Accounting and Banking' by Arther Field house has been prescribed as the text book for the paper on this subject but it should be supplemented by a knowledge of the following chapters in 'Advance Accounts' by R.N. Carter ( Third Edition Revised ), 1949.|
|Chapter I||Book keeping upto the Trial Balance|
|Chapter II||Trading and Profit and Loss Account and Balance Sheet|
|Chapter V||Description, Sinking Funds, Reserves, Reserve Funds, Secret Reserves.|
|Chapter VI||Bills of Exchange, Promissory Notes, Cheques.|
|Chapter X||Capital and Revenue, Revenue Accounts, Receipts and payments Accounts, Income and Expenditure Accounts|
|Chapter XVI||Manufacturing and Working Accounts and Cost Book Mining Company|
|Chapter XVII||Cost Accounts|
|Chapter XVIII||Double Accounts System|
|Note : If there is any change in the subject of these chapters in the subsequent editions of 'Carter' candidates should read the corresponding chapter in the later edition.|
|3.||General Accounts||Assam Financial Rules, Treasury Rules and Sub - sidiary Orders there under ( States ), Assam Contingency Manual, Assam PWD Code, Assam Pension Manual, Assam Fundamental Rules and Sub-sidiary rules.|
4. Rules and Regulations for the audit and inspection of Accounts under the Department.
I. Assam Local Audit Manual ( 2nd Edition ) ( Excluding the portion relating to the procedure of audit relating to Local Board and Local Boards Dispensaries Accounts ).
II. Account Rules for the Trust Funds, Chawkidari Rewards Funds, Town Fund, Assam Sanskrit Board and Association, Assam Medical Registration Fund, Assam Medical Examination Fund.
III. Bengal Ward Manual, 1919.
IV. Assam Basic Education Act Rules framed thereunder.
V. Assam Education Department’s Rules and Orders.
VI. Assam Motor Vehicle Taxation Act and Rules framed there under.
VII. Assam Stamp Manual.
VIII. Assam Executive Manual.
IX. Workmen’s Compensation Act and Rules.
N.B. : No book will be supplied for any paper. Any candidate failing in the examination but securing exemption marks in a paper will not be required to appear again in that paper.
|1.||Essay or precis and drafting ( paper - I )||2:30 hours||100|
|2.||Elementary Book Keeping ( paper - II )||3 hours||100|
|i. Without Books ( paper - III )||3 hours||100|
|ii. With Books ( paper - IV )||3 hours||100|
|4.||Rules and Regulations for the Audit and Inspection of Accounts under the Department.|
|i. Without Books ( paper - V )||3 hours||100|
|ii. With Books ( paper - VI )||3 hours||100|
|5.||Assam Panchayat Act,1972 and the Rules framed there under together with subsequent amendment made there to, Assam Municipal Act and the Rules framed there under together with subsidiary Rules|
|i. Without Books ( paper - VII )||3 hours||100|
|ii. With Books ( paper - VIII )||3 hours||100|