APPSC Recruitment 2013 Syllabus for Medical Officer ( Unani ) – APPSC Medical Officer Recruitment | APPSC Medical Officer Qualification | APPSC Medical Officer Selection | APPSC Medical Officer Application
Scheme and Syllabus for recruitment to the post of medical officer ( Unani ) in A.P. Unani Medical Services under Ayush Department ( Limited Recruitment – 2013 )
APPSC Medical Officer Unani 2013 Exam Scheme
|SI.No||Papers||Marks||No. of Questions||Duration ( Minutes )|
|2.||Subject ( Unani Science & |
Unani General Medicine )
APPSC Medical Officer Unani 2013 Exam Syllabus
Paper 1 : General Studies
- Events of National and International importance.
- Current affairs – International, National and Regional.
- Contemporary developments in Science & Technology and Information Technology.
- Socio-economic and Political History of Modern India with special emphasis on Indian National Movement.
- Indian Polity and Governance : Constitutional issues, public policy, Reforms and e-governance initiatives.
- Economic Development in India since independence.
- Physical Geography of Indian Sub-Continent.
- Disaster Management: Vulnerability profile, prevention and mitigation strategies.
- Logical reasoning, Analytical Ability and Data Interpretation.
Paper 2 : Unani Science & Unani General Medicine
I. Human Anatomy :
Gross anatomy and movements of shoulder joint, elbow joint, knee joint, wrist joint and hip joint. Gross anatomy of pelvis-Development of foetus. Gross anatomy of lungs and liver. Muscles of human body-pectoralis major, Gluteal muscle, abdominal muscle and its blood supply. Gross anatomy of-heart, stomach, kidney, uterus, ovaries, testis. Blood supply of heart, uterus, coronary circulation, systematic circulation. Skeletal system appendicular skeleton-long bones – Humerus, Radius, ulna, Femur, Tibia, Fibula. Cranial Nerves ( 12 ) and Neural path ways & clinical significance. Special senses-Anatomy of Eye, Ear, skin. Thorax-pleura, Pericardium & Mediastinum and its contents. Gross anatomy of spinal cord and spinal nerves. Anatomy of Larynx, trachea and oesophagus.
II. Human Physiology :
1. Blood : Haemopoietic system, Definition – constituents of blood – blood plasma & its constituents – plasma proteins and their functions – RBCs, Haemoglobin, WBCs, blood grouping, differential count.
2. Digestive System : Gastric juice, intestinal juice, pancreatic juice – bile, Liver – digestion and absorption of fats, carbohydrates and proteins.
3. Circulatory System : Types of blood circulation – special junctional tissues – cardiac cycle – heart sounds – regional circulation – Blood pressure – cardiac impulses – ECG cardiac output.
4. Respiratory System : Functions of respiratory system – respiratory muscles – gaseous exchange in lungs & tissues – Dyspnoea, Anoxia, Apnoea, Hypercapnia.
5. Excretory System : Functions of kidney, Nephron, Glomerulus, Urine composition, volume, constituents ( normal & abnormal ).
6. Skin : Structure and functions.
7. Reproductive System : Functions of testis, Prostate gland-composition of semen. Female : Functions of ovaries and uterus, menstrual cycle – actions of oestrogen & progesterone.
8. Lymphatic & Reticulo Endothelial System : Lymph-formations, composition – lymphatic channel – drainage – lymphatic glands – spleen – functions. Functions of Reticulo Endothelial system.
9. Metabolism : Basal metabolic rate, Energy-definition – units of carbohydrates – varieties of embolism, proteins and their types of metabolism – metabolism of minerals and water.
10. Central nervous system – parts of brain and its functions – Autonomic nervous system and functions of nerves and muscle excitation – neuro muscular transmission – synaptic transmission, reflexes – Basal ganglia – Hypothalamus limbic system – EEG – special senses – vision and hearing.
11. Endocrine System : Actions of harmones formation, secretion, transport, metabolism, functions and regulations of secretion of thyroid, pancreas and pituitary glands.
III. Pathology / Forensic Medicine and Toxicology :
Reactions of cell and tissue to injury, inflammation and repair, disturbances of growth and cancer, genetic diseases-pathogenesis and histopathology of rheumatism and ischemic heart diseases- Bronchogenic carcinoma,carcinoma breast, oral cancer-cancer of colon-etiology pathogenesis and histo pathology of peptic ulcer – cirrhosis of liver – Glomerulo nephritis – lobar pneumonia, acute ostiomyelitis – hepatitis – acute pancreatitis. Forensic examination of injuries and wounds – physical and chemical examination of blood and seminal stains – details of forensic examination for establishing identification of persons, pregnancy, abortion rape and virginity.
IV. General Medicine ( Moalijath )
Central nervous system – headaches – meningitis – encephalitis – tumours of the brain abscess – cerebral hemorrhage – paralysis – vertigo – Epilepsy – mental retardation – Drug addiction and alcoholism.
Cardio Vascular System : Ischemic heart diseases – Rheumatic heart diseases – valvular heart diseases – congenital heart diseases.
Respiratory System : Bronchitis – bronchial asthma – pulmonary tuberculosis – pneumonia – bronchial carcinoma – Abscess of the lung – Bronchiectasis – Empyema – pleursy.
Excretory System : Zufe kulliyya – verme kulliyya – kidney stones – vajaul kulliya – tumours of kidney – Zufe massana – verma massana – urinary bladder stones – Ehtebase bole – Silsilul bole – Boluddum.
Diseases of Reproductive System : Zufebah – surate inzaal – kassarate ehtelam – verma khussia.
Gastro Intestinal Diseases : causes – signs and symptoms – treatment. Differential diagnosis – reflex oesophagitis – intestinal colic – irritable bowel syndrome – peritonitis – proctitis.
Diseases of Liver : jaundice – Hepatomegaly – obstructioncholecystitis – cholelithiasis.
Diseases of Blood : Anemia – Leukemia – Hemophilia Thrombocytopenia.
Diseases of Urinary System : Nephritis ( acute and chronic ) – Renal calculi-renal colic – Hydronephrosis. Cystitis-cystic Calculi.
V. Gynaecology / Obstetrics / Pediatrics Menstrual Disorders : Amenorrhoea – Dysmenorrhoea – Oligomenorrhoea – Hypomenorrhoea – Menorrhagia – Metrorrhagia.
Diseases of Vulva : Pruritis – Scabies – ulcers.
Diseases of Vagina : Vaginitis – ulcers of vagina.
Diseases of Uterus : Cervicitis – tumours of cervix – inflammation of uterus – prolapse of Uterus.
Diseases of Fallopian Tubes & Ovaries : Salpingitis – prolapse of ovaries, Breast abscess.
Veneral Diseases : Syphilis – Gonorrhoea – AIDS.
Obstetrics : Ovulation – Fertilization – Implantation – Pregnancy – types – Diagnosis – signs and symptoms – Labour – mechanism & management. Episiotomy – Forceps delivery.
Neonatal Diseases : Neonatal care – Physical condition – Feeding – Immunization Hydrocephalus – Meningitis – Epilepsy – Convulsions – Tetanus – Poliomyelitis – Cerebralpalsy – Diphtheria – Whooping cough – smallpox – chickenpox – Dengue fever – Scarlet fever – Immunizational schedule.
Inflammation – definition – types course and its treatment – Fractures : definition – fractures of long bones – upper extremities. Wounds – definitions – types course its treatment – varicose veins : Hemorrhoids – filariasis. Tumours : Benign and Malignant. Abscess : breast abscess – Appendicitis – acute and chronic – hepatitis – hepatomegaly – obstructions – abscesscholecystitis. spleenomegaly, pancreatitis. Renalcalculi – proctitis – Hydrocele – vericocele Hernia – colitis.
Various Types of Sutures : Anesthesias – head injuries – blood transfusion – types and complications – emergency at the site of trauma.
Umoor-e-tabiya ki tareef-tabiyat ka mafhoom-tabiyat aur manaat-Arkaan ki tareef-Mizaj ki tareef – mizaj tabaya aur ghair tabaye – Mizaj Aama – Mizaj Aaza – Mizaj ki shinaqt – Akhlat ki tareef – tabaye khilt ke khawas – Aaza ki tareef – Quwa ki tareef.
VIII. Ilmul Advia
Kulliyate Advia – Ilmul advia ki tareef – Mizaj advia – Tasir – e – advia – Shanakht – e – advia – Majoonmethod of preparation. saidla ki tareef – Advia Murrakaba ki zaroorath – fane kushta sazi – Fane dawa sazi.