UPSC Job Vacancies
1. Two Deputy Directors (Cultural) in Anthropological Survey of India, Department of Culture, Ministry of Culture.
Qualifications : Essential : A. Educational :
- Master’s degree in Anthropology of a recognized University or equivalent with evidence of specialization in Cultural Anthropology.
- Evidence including published work of important contribution made in Cultural Anthropology.
B. Experience : At least ten years’ research experience in modern method and techniques in the field of Cultural Anthropology.
- Doctorate degree in Anthropology (with a thesis on a topic of Cultural Anthropology).
- Experience of leading field parties among tribal population.
- Some administrative experience.
- Knowledge of one or more foreign languages.
Duties : To assist Head of the Department in Scientific, Technical and Administrative Work. To carry out Anthropological investigations and to act as Head of Office when necessary and to do such other duties as assigned by the Head of the Department.
HQ : Liable to serve anywhere in India Including Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Port Blair.
Any Other Conditions : Must be prepared to undergo extensive tour.
2. Three Assistant Directors of Training (Electrical Engineering) in the Directorate General of Employment & Training (DGE&T), Ministry of Labour & Employment. Out of the three posts, one post is reserved for ST candidates. The posts are also suitable for Physically Handicapped persons with disability viz. Orthopaedically Handicapped / Locomotor disability / Cerebral Palsy with OA (One Arm) / OL(One Leg affected) or Hearing Impaired (Partially Deaf).
Qualifications : Essential : A. Educational : Degree in Electrical Engineering / Technology of a recognized University or equivalent.
B. Experience : Two years’ industrial experience in Electrical Maintenance, AC / DC drive, Control Engineering.
- Experience in a supervisory capacity in a workshop engaged in production or teaching experience in technical institute.
- Knowledge or preparation of syllabi, teaching aids training material etc.
Duties : To impart training in various aspects of trade skill including the relevant technical theory to trainees who may be skilled workers, supervisor / foreman of the industries.
3. Ninety-two General Duty Medical Officers (GDMO) in the Health Department, Government of Puducherry. Out of ninety two posts, fourteen posts are reserved for SC candidates, eight posts are reserved for ST candidates & twenty-three posts are reserved for OBC candidates.
Qualifications : Essential : Educational :
- A recognized Medical qualification included in the First or the Second Schedule or Part II of the Third Schedule (Other than licentiate qualifications) to the Indian Medical Council Act, 1956. Holders of Educational Qualifications included in Part II of the Third Schedule should also fulfil the conditions stipulated in Sub-section (3) of Section 13 of the IMC Act, 1956.
- Completion of compulsory rotating internship-candidates who may not have completed rotating internship shall be eligible to appear for the interview provided that, if selected they shall have satisfactorily completed the compulsory internship before appointment.
Desirable : Knowledge of local language / dialects prevalent in the area i.e. Tamil, Malyalam or Telugu will be an advantage to the candidates applying for the post.
Duties : Administrative and clinical duties involving in running medical institutions and treatment of out patients and inpatients, attending the medical institutions.
HQ : In various hospitals / dispensaries and other medical institutions in U.T. of Puducherry[Puducherry, Karaikal, Mahe or Yanam Region (Puducherry and Karaikal surrounded by Tamilnadu, Mahe surrounded by Kerala & Yanam surrounded by Andhra Pradesh).
4. Thirty-two Deputy Directors of Mines Safety (Mechanical) in Directorate General of Mines Safety, Ministry of Labour & Employment. Out of thirty-two posts, five posts (permanent) are reserved for SC candidates, two posts (permanent) are reserved for ST candidates and nine posts (eight permanent and one temporary) are reserved for OBC candidates.
Qualifications : Essential : A. Educational : Degree in Mechanical Engineering from a recognized University or equivalent.
B. Experience : Ten years’ professional experience in an industrial installation or engineering workshop (including at least two years’ experience in Mechanical Engineering in direct relation to plant and equipment used in mining).
Desirable : Post-graduate degree in Mechanical Engineering from a recognized University / Institution.
Duties : To inspect, examine and test mechanical installations in mines such as headgear, haulage, and winding engines, cages, ropes etc and to prepare reports of such inspections.
5. One Assistant Government Examiner of Questioned Documents under the Directorate of Forensic Science, Ministry of Home Affairs. The post is reserved for OBC candidates.
Qualifications : Essential : Educational :
i) Master Degree in Chemistry or Physics or Forensic Science from a recognized University or equivalent.
ii) Three years’ practical experience in scientific examination of questioned documents under Central / State Government. OR
i) Bachelor’s Degree in Physics / Chemistry from a recognized University or equivalent.
ii) Five years’ practical experience in scientific examination of questioned documents under Central / State Government.
i) Crime Case Examination, giving evidences in the Courts of Law u/s 293 of Cr.PC, providing guidance to the junior scientific staff for case analysis.
ii) R&D activities on Forensic Activities and imparting training in their respective field of forensic specialization to the trainees from different investigating agencies / forensic science labs and other organizations.
HQ : Chandigarh / Shimla / Kolkata / Hydrabad but liable to serve anywhere in India.
6. Two Chief Engineers, Grade-I in the Department of Animal Husbandry, Dairying and Fisheries, Fishery Survey of India, Ministry of Agriculture. Out of two posts, one post is reserved for ST candidates and the other post is reserved for OBC candidates.
Qualifications: Essential: A. Educational :
B. Experience : Five years’ experience as Engine Driver / Engineer on Board Fishing Vessels after obtaining the Certificate as Engineer (F.V.).
Duties : Overall in-charge of the Engine room of the fishing / survey vessel, up-keep of all machinery and equipments in the engine room in particular and onboard the vessel in general. Smooth operation of entire propulsion system of the vessel so as to ensure conduct of survey operations. Planning the routine inspection, preventive maintenance and break down maintenance of all the Machinery. The up-keep of the Deck equipment, electrical, electronic equipments and the refrigeration machinery. Maintenance of the engine log book of the vessel and all relevant registers and overall supervision of the engine room.
HQ : Anywhere in India including Andaman & Nicobar Islands.
Note : The closing date for receipt of applications for Item No.6 is 22-02-2011. The date for determining the eligibility of all candidates in every respect for this Item shall be 22-02-2011
7. One Deputy Director (Industrial Psychology) in Directorate General Factory Advice Service & Labour Institutes (DGFASLI), Mumbai, Ministry of Labour & Employment.
Qualifications : Essential : A. Educational : Master’s Degree in Psychology(with Industrial Psychology as one of the papers) of a recognized University.
B. Experience : Five years’ experience in the field of Industrial Psychology.
Desirable : Doctorate degree relevant to qualification at “A .Educational” Above.
Duties : Assessing, identifying and defining the needs of industries relating to the problems of effective psychological adjustment of people at work. Planning, organizing and coordinating of research studies and training programs and providing technical guidance in this regard to researchers and trainers in the field of Psychology. Preparation of research reports, monographs and other information material for use of industries in the area of Industrial Psychology. Keeping liaison with professional bodies and industries for exchange of information and material on the findings of Industrial Psychology and its application in Organization.
HQ : Mumbai with liability to serve anywhere in India.
Any Other Conditions : Candidate recruited to the post will be covered by new Contributory Pension Scheme and the candidate selected is required to join immediately.
1. Candidates are requested to apply in the format published along with this Advertisement No.24 and NOT write to the Commission for application forms. They are also requested to go through carefully the details of posts and instructions published below before applying.
2. Nature of Post : All posts belong to General Central Service except otherwise mentioned.
3. Pay Scale & Classification : (Figures in bracket at the end of the pay scale indicate the approx total emoluments (per month) excluding TA and HRA at the minimum of the scale).