Special Limited Departmental Examination, 2013 for SC / ST Candidates for appointment to under secretary ( Grade – 1 ) of IFS (B) to be held on 26th and 27th October, 2013 ( Saturday & Sunday ).
|26.10.2013 ( Saturday )||10.00 A.M. to 12.00 Noon||General Studies, International Relations, Indian Culture & General Knowledge of Constitution of India and Machinery of Government, Practice and Procedures in Parliament and Knowledge of RTI Act, 2005|
|26.10.2013 ( Saturday )||02.00 P.M. to 04.00 P.M.||Procedure and Practice in the Govt. of India Secretariate and attached offices, General Financial and Service Rules, Delegation of Financial Power Rules|
|27.10.2013 ( Sunday )||10.00 A.M. to 01.00 P.M.||Essay, Comprehension and Precis Writing|
The rules for a Grade – I of General Cadre of Indian Foreign Service ‘B’ Branch ( Under Secretary ) Special Limited Departmental Competitive Examination for Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe Candidates to be held by the Union Public Service Commission in 2013 for additions in the Select Lists for the years 2009, 2010, 2011 are published for general information.
1. The number of persons to be selected for inclusion in the Select List will be specified in the Notice issued by the Union Public Service Commission.
2. The examination will be conducted by the Union Public Service Commission in the manner prescribed in the Appendix to these Rules. The dates on which and the places at which the examination will be held shall be fixed by the UPSC commission.
3. Any Officer whose name has been included in the Select List of Integrated Grades II & III of the General Cadre of the Indian Foreign Service ‘B’ and who belong to Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Tribes and satisfies the conditions regarding length of Service i.e. should have rendered not less than 4 years’ approved and continuous service in the said grade on the crucial date as under;
|Select List Year||Crucial date|
|2009||1st December 2008|
|2010||1st December 2009|
|2011||1st December 2010|
Note (1) – Officers of the Integrated Grade II & III of the General Cadre of Indian Foreign Service ‘B’, who are on deputation to ex-cadre posts with the approval of the competent authority, shall be eligible for the said examination if they are otherwise eligible. Provided that it shall not apply to an Officer who has been appointed to an ex-cadre post or to another post on transfer and does not have a lien in the respective grade.
4. After the notification of the Rules of the Examination in the Gazette of India by Ministry of External Affairs and Notification of Examination by the Commission, the candidates will be required to apply through online on the UPSC’s website and thereafter submit a hard copy of the online submitted Application, along with the copies of all the testimonials to the Ministry of External Affairs authorities for verification and onward transmission to the Commission on or before the closing date. The scrutiny of application for deciding the eligibility of the candidates with reference to the eligibility conditions will be done by the Ministry of External Affairs. However, the decision of the Commission as to the acceptance of the application of a candidate and his / her eligibility or otherwise for admission to the examination shall be final.
5. The candidate applying for the examination should ensure that they fulfill all the eligibility conditions for admission to the examination. If, on verification, it is found that they do not fulfill the eligibility condition, their candidature for the examination will be cancelled.
6. e-Admission Certificate of the admitted candidates to this examination will be uploaded in the UPSC website at least two weeks before the date of examination and can be downloaded by the eligible candidates. No paper Admission Certificate will be issued by the Commission. Candidates shall not be admitted to the examination unless he / she holds a downloaded e-Admission Certificate.
7. The names of the candidates who are considered by the Commission to be suitable for selection on the results of the examination shall be arranged in the order of merit in a single list for candidates belonging to both the Scheduled Castes and Scheduled tribes and in that order as many candidates as are found by the commission to be qualified, shall be recommended for inclusion in the Select List, up to the required number of SC / ST vacancies separately. No waiting list shall be drawn. Vacancies which do not get filled in for any particular recruitment year will be carried forward as backlog vacancies to the following recruitment year.
Note : Candidates should clearly understand that this is a competitive and not a qualifying examination. The number of persons to be included in each select list on the result of the examination is entirely within the competence of Government to decide. No candidate will, therefore, have any claim for inclusion in the Select List on the basis of his performance in this examination, as a matter of right.
8. The form and manner of communication of the result of the examination to individual candidates shall be decided by the commission in their discretion and the Commission will not enter into correspondence with them regarding the result.
9. Success in the examination confers no right to selection unless Government are satisfied under such enquiry as may be considered necessary, that the candidate, having regard to his conduct in the service, is eligible and suitable in all respects for selection. Provided that the decision as to ineligibility for selection in the case of any candidate recommended for selection by the commission shall be taken in consultation with the commission.
10. Candidates who after applying for admission to the examination or after appearing in it resigns or otherwise quits the service or severs his connection with it or whose services are terminated by his department or who is appointed to an ex-cadre post or to another service on ‘transfer’ and does not have a lien in the grade as mentioned in Rule 3 above will not be eligible for appointment on the results of this examination. This, however, does not apply to a person who has been appointed on deputation to an ex-cadre post with the approval of the competent authority.
11. The list of finally selected candidates would be forwarded by the Commission to Ministry of External Affairs for issue of offer of appointment to the post of Under Secretary ( Grade-I ) of General Cadre of IFS(B), Limited Departmental Competitive Examination for Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe candidates.
12. No TA / DA / Journey expenses will be allowed to the candidates for attending the exam at any stage.
Instructions to Candidates for filling up the Application for “Special Limited Departmental ( SLDE ) Examination 2013 for SC / ST candidates for appointment to Under Secretary ( Grade – I ) of IFS(B)”
The Examination is restricted to only certain categories of departmental candidates of Ministry of External Affairs. Candidates are required to apply through online on the UPSC’s website, www.upsc.gov.in. The candidates are, then, submit a hard copy of the online submitted Application, along with the copies of all the testimonials to the Ministry of External Affairs authorities for verification and onward transmission to the Commission. The Examination will be held in New Delhi.
A. The programme of the above-mentioned SLDC Examination 2013 is as follows :
|1.||Date of Notification of SLDC Examination 2013||07.09.2013 ( Saturday )|
|2.||Last date for filling of Online Application for SLDC Exam 2013 ( only on UPSC Website )||16.09.2013 ( Monday )|
|3.||Last date for submitting hard copy of the Online submitted SLDC Exam 2013 Application ( along-with testimonial in the Ministry of External Affairs )||23.09.2013 ( Monday )|
|4.||Last date for receipt of hard copy of SLDC Exam Application of eligible candidates ( in the Commission from Ministry of External Affairs duly verified )||30.09.2013 ( Monday )|
|5.||Date of SLDC Examination 2013||26.10.2013 ( Saturday )|
B. Address to whom the Online submitted application for UPSC SLDC ( hard copy ) is to be sent by the applicants :
Deputy Secretary ( Cadre ),
Ministry of External Affairs,
Jawaharlal Nehru Bhawan,
New Delhi - 110 011.
SLDC Written Exam Results 2013
UPSC SLDC Written Exam Result 2014 has been Declared. ( Published on : 10.09.2014 )
Special Limited Departmental Competitive Examination, 2013 for SC / ST Candidates for appointment to Under Secretary ( Grade-I ) of Indian Foreign Service ‘B’ for the select years 2009, 2010 & 2011.
1. On the basis of the results of the written part of the Special Limited Departmental Competitive Examination, 2013 for SC / ST Candidates for appointment to Under Secretary ( Grade-I ) of Indian Foreign Service ‘B’ for additions to the Select Lists for the years 2009, 2010 & 2011 held by the Union Public Service Commission in October, 2013, the candidates with the under mentioned Roll Numbers have qualified in the written part of UPSC SLDC examination for evaluation of service records and Interview.
2. The candidature of all these candidates is purely “Provisional” subject to review at the stage of evaluation of service records and Interview, If at any stage of the examination process, a candidate is found to be not eligible for any of the select year / years of the above examination i.e. 2009, 2010 & 2011, his / her candidature for the concerned select year / years is liable to be cancelled.
UPSC Special Limited Departmental Competitive Examination 2013 for IFS Under Secretary ( Grade I )
Related Keywords for UPSC Special Limited Departmental Competitive Examination 2013 for IFS Under Secretary ( Grade I ) : How to Apply for UPSC SLDC Exam 2013, UPSC Under Secretary ( Grade I ) Application 2013, UPSC SLDC Exam Vacancies 2013, UPSC Special Limited Departmental Competitive Examination 2013 for IFS Under Secretary ( Grade I ), UPSC SLDC Exam Application Last Date 2013, UPSC SLDC Exam Eligibility 2013, UPSC Special Limited Departmental Competitive Exam Date 2013, SLDC Exam for Under Secretary 2013, UPSC SLDC Exam Notification 2013, UPSC SLDC Exam e-Admission Certificate 2013, Under Secretary ( Grade I ) Call Letter 2013, UPSC SLDC Exam 2013 for ST, UPSC SLDC Exam 2013 for SC Candidates, UPSC Examination Dates 2013, UPSC Exam 2013, Union Public Service Commission Exam 2013, UPSC Exam Online Application 2013, UPSC Exam Eligibility 2013, UPSC Vacancies 2013, UPSC Exam Admit Card Download 2013, UPSC Selection Criteria 2013,