UPSC Recruitment Test for Assistant Executive Engineer ( Electrical & Mechanical ) 2010
UPSC Notice to Candidates
Reference Union Public Service Commission’s Advertisement No.13 ( Item No.13 ) published on 11.07.2009 with closing date of receipt of application as 30.07.2009 ( 06.08.2009 for applicants from abroad and those posting applications from Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, States in the North Eastern Region, J&K State, Sikkim, Pangi Sub-Division of Chamba, Lahual and Spiti Districts of Himachal Pradesh ), for recruitment to twenty two (22) posts of Assistant Executive Engineer ( Electrical & Mechanical ) in General Reserve Engineer Force of Border Roads Organisation, Ministry of Shipping, Road Transport and Highways.
Out of the twenty two (22) posts, three (3) posts are reserved for Scheduled Caste, two (2) posts are reserved for Scheduled Tribes, six (6) posts are reserved for Other Backward Classes candidates and the remaining eleven (11) posts are unreserved. Out of 22 posts, one post is reserved for Physically Handicapped persons having Locomotor disability of One Arm (OA) affected of any community. The post is also suitable for Physically Handicapped persons with Locomotor disability of One Arm (OA) affected.
The Union Public Service Commission have decided to conduct a Recruitment Test for filling up these posts in the Afternoon of 24.01.2010 ( Sunday ) i.e. from 02.00 P.M. to 04.00 P.M. at the following Centres :-
|Dispur ( Guwahati )||9|
The Scheme and Syllabus for the UPSC Recruitment Test in respect of the above posts are as under :-
I. UPSC Recruitment Test 2010 Scheme
- The test will be of two hours duration and the medium of question paper will be English only.
- The test will be an objective type with multiple choices of answer and will carry a maximum of 100 marks.
- There will be penalty for wrong answer. Every wrong answer will carry a deduction of one-third of the marks assign to that question. If no answer is marked for a question, there will be no penalty for that question.
- The level of the question paper will be of the Degree in Electrical / Mechanical / Automobile Engineering of Indian Universities.
II. UPSC Test 2010 Syllabus :-
It comprises :
- Earth Moving Equipment
- Transmission System Theory & Design
- Automotive Electrical System / Automotive Chassis & Suspension
- Automotive Pollution & Control
- Theory of Machines / Machine Design
- Manufacturing Science / Manufacturing Management
- Fluid Mechanics / Thermodynamics / I/C Engines ( Internal Combustion Engines )
- Control Systems
- Electrical Materials/Electrical Machines.
Note : Intimation about venue of the recruitment test will be communicated to the candidates in due course.