UPSC Recruitment Test 2010 for Assistant Executive Engineer ( Civil )
UPSC Notice to Candidates
Reference Union Public Service Commission’s Advertisement No.13 ( Item No.12 ) published on 11.07.2009 with closing date of receipt of application as 30.07.2009 ( 06.08.2009 for applicants from abroad and those posting applications from Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, States in the North Eastern Region, J&K State, Sikkim, Pangi Sub-Division of Chamba, Lahual and Spiti Districts of Himachal Pradesh ), for recruitment to eighty three (83) posts of Assistant Executive Engineer ( Civil ) in General Reserve Engineer Force of Border Roads Organisation, Ministry of Shipping, Road Transport and Highways.
Out of the eighty three (83) posts, twelve post (12) are reserved for Scheduled Caste, six (06) posts are reserved for Scheduled Tribes, twenty two (22) posts are reserved for Other Backward Classes candidates and the remaining forty three (43) posts are unreserved. Out of 83 posts, two posts are reserved for Physically Handicapped persons with Locomotor disability One Arm (OA) affected of any community. The post is also suitable for Physically Handicapped persons with Locomotor disability of One Arm (OA) affected.
The Commission have decided to conduct a Recruitment Test for filling up these posts in the Forenoon of 24.01.2010 ( Sunday ) i.e. from 10.00 A. M to 12.00 Noon at the following Centres :-
|Dispur ( Guwahati )||9|
The Scheme and Syllabus for the UPSC Recruitment Test in respect of the above posts are as under :-
I. UPSC Recruitment Test 2010 Scheme
- The test will be of two hours duration and the medium of question paper will be English only.
- The test will be an objective type with multiple choices of answer and will carry a maximum of 100 marks.
- There will be penalty for wrong answer. Every wrong answer will carry a deduction of one-third of the marks assign to that question. If no answer is marked for a question, there will be no penalty for that question.
- The level of the question paper will be of the Degree in Civil Engineering of Indian Universities.
II. UPSC Recruitment Test 2010 Syllabus :-
- Transportation Engineering
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Construction Management
- Environmental Engineering
- Engineering Mechanics, Strength of Materials and Structural Engineering.
- Fluid Mechanics and Hydraulic Machines.
- Building Materials, Design of Steel Structures, Concrete and Masonry.
Note : Intimation about venue of the recruitment test will be communicated to the candidates in due Course.