Application Form for UPSC Vacancies 2010
(i) Candidates must apply in the Application Format published in the Employment News along with this advertisement. Candidates abroad may apply on plain paper but the format should be exactly the same as published in the advertisement. Applications on formats other than the one indicated in this issue of the Employment News will not be entertained.
The candidates may cut out the form of application given in this advertisement and utilize it in original. Form should be filled in with ball-point pen (to prevent spreading of ink). If need be they can get this form typed neatly on white paper of Foolscap Size (21 cms x 30 cms) in double space on one side of paper only and fill up the columns in their own hand.
There is no objection to candidates using a printed Application Form, if available from private agencies. They should ensure however, that its format is exactly the same as published by the Commission in their advertisement.
If any wrong entries are made by the candidates in their application form on account of mistakes in the guidelines or in printing of application forms by private agencies, their applications shall be rejected and the Commission will not be responsible for such rejection. No representation against such rejection will be entertained.
Application filled in on the format used for previous recruitment or some other advertisement will not be considered. The candidates should note that Application Form will not be supplied by the Commission’s Office.
(ii) Candidates who wish to apply for more than one post should submit separate application accompanied by the prescribed fee for each post.
(iii) Candidates are requested to attach with the application a self-addressed post card bearing total postage worth Rs. 6.00 affixed thereon. They should indicate in this card the Advertisement No. and Item No., Name of the post applied for. The applications will be acknowledged by the Commission by returning this card to the candidate after indicating the Registration No. allotted to the candidate. Candidates may note that no separate acknowledgement other than this card will be sent to them.
If a candidate does not receive this post card within a fortnight from the last date for receipt of applications, he should make an enquiry from the Commission in writing by furnishing full details of the post for which he has sent an application.
(iv) (a) The completed application form must reach the following address on or before the prescribed closing date 30.12.2010.
Union Public Service Commission,
New Delhi-110 069
(b) In respect of applications received only by post (by post/speed post) from the candidates residing in Assam, Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Manipur, Nagaland, Tripura, Sikkim, Jammu & Kashmir, Lahaul and Spiti district and Pangi sub-division of Chamba District of Himachal Pradesh, A&N Islands or Lakshadweep or abroad, the last date for receipt of applications is 06.01.2011.
The benefit of extended time will be available only in respect of applications received by post/speed post from the above mentioned areas/regions. In the case of applications received by hand or through courier service, benefit of extended time will not be available regardless of the place of residence of the applicant.
Candidates who are claiming the benefit of extended time should clearly indicate in a separate sheet duly authenticated by their signature , the name of the particular area or region (e.g. Assam, Meghalaya, J&K etc.) from where they have posted their application. In case they fail to do so, the benefit of extended time will not be allowed to them.
Note : I : Candidates should clearly note that the Commission will in no case be responsible for non-receipt of their application or any delay in receipt thereof on any account whatsoever. No application received after the prescribed last date will be entertained under any circumstances and all the late applications will be summarily rejected. They should, therefore, ensure that their applications reach Commission’s office on or before the prescribed last date.
Note : II : Candidates can also deliver their applications personally at the Commission’s Counter against proper receipt. The Commission will not be responsible for the applications delivered to any other functionary of the Commission.
Note : III : Applications received through couriers or courier services of any type shall be treated as having been received ‘By Hand’ at the Commission’s Counter, and not by the post.
Note : IV : The concession of extended closing date in respect of the entire State of J&K will remain in force upto the end of the Calendar year, 2010.
v) Candidates are requested to superscribed the words ‘Recruitment by Selection’ on the top of the Envelope while sending the Application Form.
1. Candidates must read the ‘Detailed Instructions to the candidates’ before filling up Part – I & Part – II of the form. He/She must fill the form strictly according to the instruction.
2. Candidates must ensure that no column is left blank or wrongly filled as the information furnished therein would be used for deciding the eligibility and suitability of the candidate for being called for the interview. Applications not filled correctly and as per the ‘Instructions’ are liable to be rejected and the onus of such rejection would be on the candidate himself. The Commission will not entertain any claim after such rejection.
3. Copies of certificates should be attached in support of information given in the form where necessary. Any information contained in the attached certificates shall not be considered unless it is claimed in the application form.
4. The provisional claim whatsoever in regard to eligibility to the post will not be accepted by the Commission.
5. Fee amount is Rs. 50/- payable in the shape of Central Recruitment Fee Stamp only. No other mode of payment is acceptable. For details of Recruitment Fee Concessions to specified categories of applicants, kindly refer to instruction No. 4 in the ‘Instructions and Additional Information to Candidates for Recruitment by Selection’ published along with this advertisement.
6. Application should be sent to the following address The closing date for receipt of application is 30.12.2010.
Union Public Service Commission,
New Delhi – 110069.
7. The Mobile Phones are banned in the Campus of UPSC examination hall.
8. Government strives to have a workforce which reflects gender balance and women candidates are encouraged to apply.
Note : ‘Applications must be sent in the format given in Employment News or can be down loaded from our website www.upsc.gov.in. Applications sent in any other format are liable to be rejected.’
For any query, visit the Commission’s Facilitation Centre or Dial No. 23385271.