Instructions and Additional Information to Candidates for Recruitment by Selection :
Citizenship : A Candidate must be either :
- A citizen of India, or
- A subject of Nepal, or
- A subject of Bhutan, or
- A Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka or East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania ( formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar ), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India. Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (b), (c), (d) and (e) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
Note : The application of a candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary, may be considered by the Commission and, if recommended for appointment, the candidate may also be provisionally appointed subject to the necessary certificate being issued in his favour by the Government of India.
Age Limit for UPSC Recruitment 2016 : The Age Limit for UPSC Recruitment 2016 for the post has been given in the advertisement. For certain age concessions admissible to various categories please go through the instruction regarding Concessions & Relaxations.
UPSC Minimum Essential Qualifications : All applicants must fulfill the essential requirements of the post and other conditions stipulated in the advertisement. They are advised to satisfy themselves before applying that they possess at least the essential qualifications laid down for various posts. No enquiry asking for advice as to eligibility will be entertained.
Note-I : The prescribed essential qualifications are the minimum and the mere possession of the same does not entitle candidates to be called for interview.
Note-II : In the event of number of applications being large, commission will adopt short listing criteria to restrict the number of candidates to be called for interview to a reasonable number by any or more of the following methods :
- “On the basis of Desirable Qualification (DQ) or any one or all of the DQs if more than one DQ is prescribed”
- On the basis of higher educational qualifications than the minimum prescribed in the advertisement
- On the basis of higher experience in the relevant field than the minimum prescribed in the advertisement
- By counting experience before or after the acquisition of essential qualifications
- By holding a Recruitment Test.
The Candidate Should, Therefore, Mention all his/her Qualifications and Experience in the Relevant Field Over and above the Minimum Qualifications.
Note-III : Important :
- The category-wise minimum level of suitability in interviews, irrespective of whether the selection is made only by interview or by Recruitment Test followed by interview, will be UR-50 marks, OBC-45 marks, SC/ST/PH-40 marks, out of the total marks of interview being 100.
- In cases where selection is made by Recruitment Test (RT) followed by interview, the candidate will have to achieve minimum level of suitability in their respective category at both stages i.e. ‘Recruitment Test’ as well as ‘Interview’. The minimum level of suitability in case of RT shall be decided by the Commission on case to case basis.