UPSC Recruitment 2014 for Assistant Professors, Civil Hydrographic Officer, Director – UPSC Assistant Professors Age Limit | UPSC Assistant Professors Application Fee | UPSC Assistant Professors Application Form
Union Public Service Commission invites Online Recruitment Applications ( ORA* ) for Recruitment by Selection to the following posts ( * : by using the website http://www.upsconline.nic.in )
Important Dates for UPSC Recruitment 2014
- Closing date for submission of Online Recruitment Application ( ORA ) through ORA website is 23:59 Hrs on 10.04.2014.
- The last date for printing of completely submitted Online Application is upto 23 :59 Hrs on 11.04.2014.
- Date for determining the eligibility of all candidates in every respect shall be the prescribed closing date for submission of Online Recruitment Application ( ORA ). The applicants are advised to fill in all their particulars in the Online Recruitment Application carefully as submission of wrong information may lead to rejection through computer based shortlisting apart from debarment by thr commission.
- Date for the interview on which the shortlisted candidate is required to bring the printout of his / her Online Application alongwith other documents at UPSC shall be intimated separately.
1. Two Assistant Professors in Indian Institute of Legal Metrology, Ranchi ( Jharkhand ), Department of Consumer Affairs, Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution. ( OBC-1, UR-1 ). The posts are temporary. The posts are suitable for Physically Challenged Persons with disability viz. Orthopaedically Handicapped / Locomotor Disability / Cerebral Palsy with Both Legs and Both Arms Affected ( BLA ) or One Leg Affected ( Right or Left ) ( OL ) or One Arm Affected ( Right or Left ) ( OA ) Or Hearing Impairment with Partially Deaf ( PD ).
Pay Scale : 15,600-39,100 ( PB-3 ) + 5,400 ( Grade Pay ) ( T.E. 39,900/- ) + TA and HRA as admissible, General Central Service, Group ‘A’, Gazetted, Non-Ministerial.
Age* : 35 yrs.
Qualifications : Essential : Educational : Master’s degree in Physics or Master’s degree in Mathematics ( with Physics as a subject at degree level ) from a recognized University or Institute. Or Degree in Mechanical or Electrical or Electronics or Computer or Instrumentation or Information Technology Engineering from a recognized University or Institute.
- Working knowledge of Hindi.
- One Year’s professional or teaching experience.
Duties : Academic activities regarding teaching, supervision of practical work, calibration of standards & supervision of calibration in the division, testing and supervision of testing in the division, maintenance of standards in the division, research and development work in the Division.
HQ : At present both the vacancies are in IILM, Ranchi. However, the selected candidates will be liable to be posted anywhere in India.
2. One Civil Hydrographic Officer in Integrated Headquarters, Dte. of Civilian Personnel, Navy, Ministry of Defence. ( SC-1 ). The post is permanent. The post is suitable for Physically Challenged Persons with disability viz. Orthopaedically Handicapped / Locomotor Disability / Cerebral Palsy with One Leg Affected ( Right or Left ) ( OL ) or One Arm Affected ( Right or Left ) ( OA ) Or Hearing Impairment with Deaf ( D ) or Partially Deaf ( PD ).
Pay Scale : 9300-34,800 ( PB-2 ) + 4,600 ( Grade pay ) ( T.E. 26410/- ), + TA and HRA as admissible, Defence Services ( Civilian ) Group-’B', Gazetted ( Technical ).
Age* : 35 yrs.
Qualifications : Essential : A. Educational : Degree in Engineering or Masters Degree in Mathematics or Geography or Geophysics Or Pass in final examination of the institution of surveyors in sub-division 1(b) Hydrographic surveying.
B.Experience : Two years experience as qualified Surveying Officer in a recognized Hydrographical service.
- Knowledge of a foreign language preferably French.
- Knowledge of Computer operations and Geographical information System.
Duties : Confirmation of Geodetic data, calculation and plotting of projections to assist in compilation of navigational and other charts.
HQ : All India Service Liability. Present posting in Dehradun.
3. Two Assistant Professors ( CT&VS ) in Ministry of Health and Family Welfare. ( OBC-1, UR-1 ). The posts are permanent.
Pay Scale : 15,600-39,100 ( PB-3 ) with Grade Pay 6600/- ( T.E. 42,180/- ), + N.P.A, TA and HRA as admissible, Central Health Service, Group ‘A’, Teaching Specialist Sub-cadre.
Age* : 45 yrs.
Qualifications : Essential : A. Educational :
- An MBBS qualification recognized by Medical Council of India included in the First or Second Schedule or Part II of the Third Schedule ( other than licentiate qualifications ) to the Indian Medical Council Act 1956. Holders of Educational Qualifications included in Part II of the third Schedule should also fulfill the conditions stipulated in sub-section (3) of section (13) of the Indian Medical Council Act, 1956.
- Post Graduate degree qualification in the concerned super-speciality i.e., M.Ch ( Cardio-Thoracic Surgery ) / M.Ch ( Thoracic Surgery ) or Speciality Board of Thoracic Surgery ( USA ) or equivalent*.* [ For equivalence of DNB qualifications with MD / MS or DM / M.Ch, the candidates holding DNB qualifications would need to get their qualification verified by NBE as to whether it is as per the requirement of the Gazette notification No.MCI-12(2)/2010-Med. Misc. dated 11.6.2012 and produce such verification certificate at the time of interview ].
B. Experience : Three years’ Teaching experience as Sr. Resident / Tutor / Demonstrator / Registrar in the concerned super-speciality ( i.e., Cardio-Thoracic Surgery ) in a recognized teaching institution after obtaining the first post graduate degree. [ The teaching experience in any other post like the post of GDMO / MO shall not be considered for eligibility purpose for recruitment to the Teaching posts ].
Note : I The Medical qualifications possessed by the candidates should have the recognition of the Medical Council of India. In case of medical posts other than Allopathic system of medicine, the qualifications should be included in the respective Schedule of the Act governing that system of medicine. The proof thereof may be attached.
Note : II In so far as post graduation medical qualifications awarded by Indian Universities are concerned, they should also find a place in the Schedules to Indian Medical Council Act, 1956, as amended from time to time.
Note : III Holder of equivalent Post Graduate qualifications as are approved by the Medical Council of India from time to time will be considered to have requisite Post Graduation qualification in the subject concerned. In case of medical posts other than Allopathic System of medicine, the qualifications should be included in the respective Schedule of the Act governing that system of medicine. The proof thereof may be attached.
Note : IV Holders of specciality Board of USA abroad qualifications should complete the entire requirements of Board concerned.
Note : V In terms of Government of India, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare ( Department of Health ) Notification No. V.11015/12/78-ME(Policy) dated 29.8.1978, the qualifications granted in United Kingdom shall be recognized medical qualifications only when granted on or before 11.11.1978.
Note : VI In the case of qualification in Super-Specialities ( M.Ch. / D.M. ) except in the case of holders of D.M. / M.Ch. of five years duration, the holders should have obtained M.D. ( General Medicine ) or M.S. ( General Surgery ) or an equivalent qualification as prescribed by the said Council in its recommendations on post graduate medical examination.
Note : VII In the case of holder of D.M. / M.Ch. qualification of five years duration, the period of Senior Post Graduate residency rendered in the last part of the said D.M. / M.Ch. shall be counted towards requirement of experience.
Duties : To impart theoretical and practical instructions to under-graduate / post-graduate medical students; To conduct and guide research work in the speciality; To render patient care in the speciality; Any other duties that may be assigned by the authorities from time to time.
Any Other Conditions :
- Private practice of any kind whatsoever shall not be allowed including any consultation and laboratory practice.
- The candidate selected will, if so required shall be liable to serve in any Defence service or post connected with the Defence of India, for a period not less than four years including the period spent in training, if any : Provided that such officer shall not (a) be required to serve as aforesaid after the expiry of ten years from the date of appointment or from the date of joining the service, (b) ordinarily be required to serve as aforesaid after attaining the age of 45 years.
4. One Director in Central Drugs Testing Laboratory, Mumbai, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare. ( UR-1 ). The post is permanent.
Pay Scale : 37,400-67,000 ( PB-4 ) + 8,700 ( Grade pay ) ( T.E. 87,590/- ), + TA and HRA as admissible, General Central Service, Group ‘A’, Gazetted, Non-Ministerial.
Age* : 50 yrs.
Qualifications : Essential : A. Educational : Masters degree in Chemistry / Biochemistry / Pharmaceutical Chemistry / Microbiology / Pharmacy / Pharmacology / Physiology / Botany / Veterinary Science from a recognised University or equivalent.
B. Experience : Twelve years’ experience in testing of Drugs and coordinating the activities of different branches of a Drugs Testing Laboratory.
Desirable : Doctorate degree in the relevant subject i.e. Chemistry / Bio-chemistry / Pharmaceutical Chemistry / Microbiology / Pharmacy / Pharmacology / Physiology / Botany / Veterinary Science from a recognized University or equivalent.
Duties : To control the functioning ( technical / administrative ) of a National Drug quality control laboratory as its head; To conduct research and to develop newer analytical techniques; To supervise collaborated WHO projects.
HQ : Central Drugs Testing Laboratory, Mumbai or anywhere in India.
5. Seven Assistant Professors in Information Technology ( Technical ) in Ch. Brahm Prakash Govt. Engineering College, Training & Technical Education Department, Govt. Of NCT of Delhi. ( SC-2,OBC-1, UR-4 ). The posts are temporary. Of the seven posts, one post is reserved for Physically Challenged Persons with disability viz. Orthopaedically Handicapped / Locomotor Disability / Cerebral Palsy with One Leg Affected ( Right or Left ) ( OL ) or One Arm Affected ( Right or Left ) ( OA ). The posts are also suitable for Physically Challenged Persons with disability viz. Orthopaedically Handicapped / Locomotor Disability / Cerebral Palsy with One Leg Affected ( Right or Left ) ( OL ) or One Arm Affected ( Right or Left ) ( OA ).
Pay Scale : 15,600-39,100 ( PB-3 ) + 6,000 ( Academic Grade pay ) ( T.E. 41,040/- ), + TA and HRAas admissible, General Central Service, Group ‘A’, Gazetted, Non-Ministerial.
Age* : 35 yrs.
Qualifications : Essential : Educational : B.E. / B.Tech in CSE / IT or equivalent and ME / M.Tech in CSE / IT or equivalent with First Class or equivalent either in BE / B.Tech or ME / M. Tech from a recognized University with specialization in CSE / IT or equivalent.
Note : If a Class or division is not awarded, minimum of 60% of marks in aggregate shall be considered equivalent to first class or division. If a Grade Point system is adopted the CGPA will be converted into equivalent marks as below :
|Grade Point||Equivalent Percentage|
Duties : Teaching, research / consultancy projects & guidance to UG / PG students, Review academic performance, to develop and upgrade Laboratories as per latest technology, represent institute in technical meets. To perform Work related with the University and to assist Principal in activities related with growth of the Institute and other allied works.
HQ : New Delhi.