UPSC Recruitment 2013 Age Limit for Assistant Professor ( Paediatrics ), Anaesthetist ( Family Welfare ), Assistant Professor ( English ) – UPSC Assistant Professor Recruitment | UPSC Assistant Professor Application Fee | UPSC Assistant Professor Application Form
Age Limit for UPSC 2013 Recruitments as on Closing Date :
- Not exceeding 53 years for the post at Item No. 15.
- Not exceeding 50 years for the post at Item No. 7.
- Not exceeding 45 years for the post at Item No. 1.
- Not exceeding 40 years for the post at Item No. 13.
- Not exceeding 35 years for the posts at Item Nos. 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 9 and 12.
- Not exceeding 33 years for the post at Item No.14 .
- Not exceeding 30 years for the posts at Item No.8, 10 and 11.
UPSC Post Item No. UPSC Post Item Name UPSC Post Item No. UPSC Post Item Name 1. Assistant Professor ( Paediatrics ) 9. Junior Research Officer ( Tibetan ) 2. Anaesthetist ( Family Welfare ) 10. Junior Research Officer ( Burmese ) 3. Assistant Professor ( English ) 11. Junior Research Officer ( Arabic ) 4. Assistant Professor ( Political Science ) 12. Junior Research Officer ( Bhutanese ) 5. Assistant Professor ( Computer Science ) 13. Assistant Director ( Explosives ) 6. Assistant Professor in English 14. Junior Scientific Officer ( Ballistics ) 7. Senior Lecturer ( General Surgery ) 15. Senior Lecturer ( General Medicine ) 8. Junior Research Officer ( Pushto )
d) The UPSC 2013 age limit shown against Item Nos. 9, 12 and 14 is relaxed age limit for Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Tribes / Other Backward Classes candidates. The age limit shown against all other items is the normal age limit and the age is relaxable upto five years for SC / ST candidates, three years for OBC candidates in respect of vacancies reserved for them. SC / ST / OBC Candidates have to produce a Caste certificate in prescribed proforma. For age concession applicable to other categories of applicants please see relevant paras of the “Instructions and Additional Information to Candidates for UPSC Recruitment by Selection”.
e) A candidate will be eligible to get the benefit of community reservation only in case the particular Caste to which the candidates belong is included in the list of reserved communities issued by the Central Government. If a candidate indicates in his / her application form that he / she belongs to SC / ST / OBC / General category but subsequently writes to the Commission to change his / her category, such request shall not be entertained by the Union Public Service Commission.
f) Physically Handicapped ( PH ) Persons or Persons with disabilities, as indicated against various item(s) in the vacancy details, can apply to the respective posts even if the post is not reserved for them but has been identified as Suitable. However, such candidates will be considered for selection to such post by general standard of merit. Persons suffering from not less than 40% of relevant disability shall alone be eligible for the benefit of reservation and other relaxations as permissible under the rules. Thus, Physically Handicapped ( PH ) persons can avail benefit of :
- Reservation and other Concessions & Relaxations as permissible under the rules only when degree of physical disability is 40% or more and the posts are reserved for PH candidates.
- Other Concessions & Relaxations as permissible under the rules only when degree of physical disability is 40% or more and the posts are suitable for PH candidates.
g) Headquarters : At places specifically stated against certain posts, otherwise anywhere in India.
h) Probation : The persons selected will be appointed on probation as per rule.
Instructions and Additional Information to Candidates for Recruitment by Selection
1. Citizenship :
A Candidate must be either :
- a citizen of India, or
- a subject of Nepal, or
- a subject of Bhutan, or
- a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka or East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania ( formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar ), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India. Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (b), (c), (d) and (e) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of IndiaNote : The application of a candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary, may be considered by the Commission and, if recommended for appointment, the candidate may also be provisionally appointed subject to the necessary certificate being issued in his favour by the Government of India.
2. Age Limits for UPSC Various Recruitments 2013 : The age limit for the UPSC post has been given in the advertisement. For certain age concessions admissible to various categories please go through the instruction regarding Concessions & Relaxations.
3. UPSC Minimum Essential Qualifications : All applicants must fulfill the essential requirements of the post and other conditions stipulated in the UPSC advertisement. They are advised to satisfy themselves before applying that they possess at least the essential qualifications laid down for various UPSC posts. No enquiry asking for advice as to eligibility will be entertained.
Note I : The prescribed essential qualifications are the minimum and the mere possession of the same does not entitle candidates to be called for UPSC interview.
Note II : In the event of number of applications being large, commission will adopt short listing criteria to restrict the number of candidates to be called for interview to a reasonable number by any or more of the following methods :
- On the basis of higher educational qualifications than the minimum prescribed in the UPSC 2013 advertisement.
- On the basis of higher experience in the relevant field than the minimum prescribed in the Union Public Service Commission 2013 advertisement.
- By counting experience before or after the acquisition of essential qualifications.
- By holding a UPSC 2013 Recruitment Test.The candidate should, therefore, mention all his / her qualifications and experience in the relevant field over and above the minimum qualifications.