4. UPSC Recruitment 2014 Application Fee for Lady Medical Officer, Senior Scientific Officers, Assistant Engineers – UPSC Lady Medical Officer Recruitment | UPSC Specialists Recruitment | UPSC Job Age Limit | UPSC Job Application Form
UPSC Recruitment Application Fee 2014
- Candidates are required to pay a fee of 25/- ( Rupees Twenty five ) only either by remitting the money in any branch of the SBI by cash or by using net banking facility of the SBI or by using visa / master credit / debit card.
- No fee for SC / ST / PH / Women candidates of any community. No “fee exemption” is available to OBC male candidates and they are required to pay the full prescribed fee.
- Applications without the prescribed fee would not be considered and summarily rejected. No representation against such rejection would be entertained.
- Fee once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstance nor can the fee be held in reserve for any other examination or selection.
5. Concessions & Relaxations
- The upper age limit in case of Ex-Servicemen and Commissioned Officers including ECOs / SSCOs shall be relaxed by the length of Military Service increased by three years subject to the conditions that on the closing date of receipt of applications.
- the continuous service rendered in the Armed Forces by an Ex-Serviceman is not less than six months after attestation and
- that the resultant age after deducting his period of service from his actual age does not exceed the prescribed age limit by more than 3 years. This relaxation is also available to ECOs / SSCOs who have completed their initial period of assignment of five years of Military Service and whose assignment has been extended beyond 5 years as on closing date and in whose case the Ministry of Defence issues certificates that they will be released within 3 months on selection from the date of receipt of offer of appointment. Candidates claiming age relaxation under this para would be required to produce a certificate in the prescribed proforma to the Union Public Service Commission.
Note : Ex-Servicemen who have already secured regular employment under the Central Govt. in a Civil Post are permitted the benefit of age relaxation as admissible for Ex-Servicemen for securing another employment in any higher post or service under the Central Govt. However, such candidates will not be eligible for the benefit of reservation, if any for Ex-Servicemen in Central Govt. jobs.
- In order to qualify for the concession under (a) above, candidates concerned would be required to produce a certificate that they have been released from the Defence Forces. The certificate for Ex-Servicemen and Commissioned Officers including ECOs / SSCOs should be signed by the appropriate authorities specified below and should also specify the period of service in the Defence Forces :
- In case of Commissioned Officers including ECOs / SSCOs :
Army : Directorate of Personnel Service, Army Headquarters, New Delhi.
Navy : Directorate of Personnel Services Naval Headquarters, New Delhi.
Air Force : Directorate of Personnel Services, Air Headquarters, New Delhi.
- In case of JCOs / ORs and equivalent of the Navy and Air Forces :
Army : By various Regimental Record Offices.
Navy : Naval Records, Bombay.
Air Force : Air Force Records, New Delhi.
- In case of Commissioned Officers including ECOs / SSCOs :
- Age Relaxation for Central Government Employees :The upper age limit is relaxable for Central / U.T. Govt. Servants up to 5 years as per instructions issued by the Govt. of India from time to time. ( 10 years for persons belonging to Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Tribes and 8 years for persons belonging to other Backward Classes in respect of the posts reserved for them ) in accordance with the instructions or orders issued by the Government of India. A candidate claiming to belong to the category of Central Government servant and thus seeking age relaxation under this para would be required to produce a Certificate in the prescribed proforma issued after the date of UPSC advertisement from his / her Employer on the Office letter head to the effect that he / she is a regularly appointed Central Government Servant and not on casual / adhoc / daily wages / hourly paid / contract basis employee.
The age relaxation will be admissible to such of the Government servants as are working in posts which are in the same line or allied cadres and where a relationship could be established that the service already rendered in a particular post will be useful for the efficient discharge of the duties of the post(s) recruitment to which has been advertised. Decision in this regard will rest with the Union Public Service Commission.
- Age Relaxation for Meritorious Sports Persons : The relaxation in upper age limit upto a maximum of 5 years ( 10 years for persons belonging to SC / ST Communities and 8 years for persons belonging to Other Backward Classes in respect of posts reserved for them ) may be allowed to meritorious sportswomen / sportsmen in the field of Games / Sports recognized by the Government for such purpose provided they satisfy all other conditions prescribed by Government from time to time. The persons claiming age relaxation under this sub para would be required to produce a certificate issued by the competent authority in the prescribed proforma. For others, age limit will be strictly adhered to save in exceptional circumstances, and in no case be relaxed beyond a limit of three years.
- Age Relaxation for Widows, Divorced Women and Women Judicially Separated from Husbands :The upper age limit is relaxable up to the age of 35 years ( upto 40 years for members of Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Tribes and upto 38 years for members belonging to the Other Backward Classes in respect of the posts reserved for them ) for Widows, divorced Women and Women Judicially separated from their Husbands who are not remarried. The persons claiming age relaxation under this sub-para would be required to produce following documentary evidence :
- In case of Widow, Death Certificate of her husband together with the Affidavit that she has not remarried since.
- In case of divorced Women and Women judicially separated from their husbands, a certified copy of the judgment / decree of the appropriate Court to prove the fact of divorce or the judicial separation, as the case may be, with an Affidavit in respect of divorced Women and they have not remarried since.
- Age Relaxation to Persons who had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of J&K during the period from 1st January, 1980 to 31st December, 1989 : The relaxation in upper age limit of 5 years shall be admissible to all persons who had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of J&K during the period from 1st January, 1980 to 31st December, 1989. The persons claiming relaxation under this sub-para would be required to produce a certificate to this effect from the District Magistrate within whose jurisdiction they had ordinarily resided or from any other authority designated in this behalf by the Government of Jammu and Kashmir. This relaxation shall remain in force upto 31.12.2013.
- Age Relaxation to Physically Handicapped ( PH ) Persons : Age relaxation of 5 years is allowed ( total 10 years for SCs / STs and 8 years for OBCs in respect of the posts reserved for them ) to blind, deaf-mute and orthopaedically handicapped persons for appointment to Group ‘A’ and Group ‘B’ posts / services. The persons claiming age relaxation under this sub-para would be required to produce a certificate in prescribed proforma in support of their claims clearly indicating that the degree of physical disability is 40% or more. In any case, the appointment of these candidates will be subject to their being found medically fit in accordance with the standards of medical fitness as prescribed by the Government for each individual Group ‘A’ and Group ‘B’ posts to be filled by Direct Recruitment by Selection.