d) Age Limit as on Closing Date :
- Not exceeding 53 years for the UPSC post at item no.16
- Not exceeding 50 years for the UPSC posts at item nos. 1, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 17, 18, 19 and 20.
- Not exceeding 45 years for the UPSC post at item no.3.
- Not exceeding 38 years for the UPSC post at item no.8.
- Not exceeding 35 years for the UPSC posts at item nos.9 and 21.
- Not exceeding 30 years for the UPSC posts at item nos. 2, 5, 6, 7 and 15.
- Between 21 and 30 years for the UPSC posts at item no. 4.
|UPSC Post Item No.||UPSC Post Name||UPSC Post Item No.||UPSC Post Name||UPSC Post Item No.||UPSC Post Name|
|1||Director||8||Senior Scientific Officer, Gr. - II ( Ballistics )||15||Assistant Director|
|2||Technical Officer||9||Senior Scientific Officer, Gr. - II ( Explosives )||16||Senior Lecturer ( Community Medicine )|
|3||Associate Professor ( Arabic )||10||Deputy Legislative Counsel||17||Senior Lecturer ( Anaesthesiology )|
|4||Junior Works Manager||11||Reader in Law||18||Senior Lecturer ( Dermatology, Venereology and Leprosy )|
|5||Junior Scientific Officer ( Chemistry )||12||Professor of Economics||19||Senior Lecturer ( Orthopaedics )|
|6||Junior Scientific Officer ( Physics )||13||Professor of Hindi||20||Senior Lecturer ( Microbiology )|
|7||Junior Scientific Officer ( Toxicology )||14||Reader in Political Theory||21||Public Health Dentist|
e) The age limits shown against item no. 8 and 16 is relaxed age limit for Other Backward Classes candidates. The age limit shown against all other items is the normal age limit and the age is relaxable for SC / ST candidates upto 5 years and upto 3 years for OBC candidates in respect of vacancies reserved for them. SC / ST / OBC candidates have to produce a caste certificate in prescribed proforma. For age concession applicable to other categories of applicants please see relevant paras of the “Instructions and Additional Information to Candidates for Recruitment by Selection”.
f) A candidate will be eligible to get the benefit of community reservation only in case the particular caste to which the candidates belong is included in the list of reserved communities issued by the Central Government. If a candidate indicates in his / her application form that he / she belongs to SC / ST / OBC / General category but subsequently writes to the Union Public Service Commission to change his / her category, such request shall not be entertained by the Union Public Service Commission.
g) Physically Handicapped ( PH ) Persons or Persons with disabilities, as indicated against various item(s) in the vacancy details, can apply to the respective posts even if the post is not reserved for them but has been identified as suitable. However, such candidates will be considered for selection to such post by general standard of merit. Persons suffering from not less than 40% of relevant disability shall alone be eligible for the benefit of reservation and other relaxations as permissible under the rules. Thus, Physically Handicapped ( PH ) persons can avail benefit of :
- Reservation and other Concessions & Relaxations as permissible under the rules only when degree of physical disability is 40% or more and the UPSC posts are reserved for PH candidates.
- Other Concessions & Relaxations as permissible under the rules only when degree of physical disability is 40% or more and the posts are suitable for PH candidates.
h) Head Quarters : At places specifically stated against certain posts, otherwise anywhere in India.
i) Probation : The persons selected will be appointed on probation as per rule.
Instructions and additional information to candidates for recruitment by selection
1. Citizenship :
A Candidate must be either :
- a citizen of India, or
- a subject of Nepal, or
- a subject of Bhutan, or
- a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka or East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania ( formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar ), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India. Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (b), (c), (d) and (e) above shall be a person
in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
Note : The application of a candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary, may be considered by the Union Public Service Commission and, if recommended for appointment, the candidate may also be provisionally appointed subject to the necessary certificate being issued in his favour by the Government of India.
2. Age Limits : The age limit for the post has been given in the UPSC 2013 advertisement. For certain age concessions admissible to various categories please go through the instruction regarding concessions & relaxations.
3. Minimum Essential Qualifications : All applicants must fulfill the essential requirements of the post and other conditions stipulated in the Union Public Service Commission advertisement. They are advised to satisfy themselves before applying that they possess at least the essential qualifications laid down for various posts. No enquiry asking for advice as to eligibility will be entertained.
Note I : The prescribed essential qualifications are the minimum and the mere possession of the same does not entitle candidates to be called for interview.
Note II : In the event of number of applications being large, Union Public Service Commission will adopt short listing criteria to restrict the number of candidates to be called for interview to a reasonable number by any or more of the following methods :
- On the basis of higher educational qualifications than the minimum prescribed in the UPSC advertisement.
- On the basis of higher experience in the relevant field than the minimum prescribed in the UPSC advertisement.
- By counting experience before or after the acquisition of essential qualifications.
- By holding a Recruitment Test.
The candidate should, therefore, mention all his / her qualifications and experience in the relevant field over and above the minimum qualifications.