Union Public Service Commission Invites Applications for the Following Posts – Upsc Educational Qualifications for Director Posts | How to Apply for Ministry Director Post
- One Director (Crops Development Directorate), Ministry of Agriculture, Department of Agriculture & Cooperation.
Essential Qualifications :
A) Educational: Post Graduate Degree in any Branch of Agricultural Sciences.
B) Experience: Ten years’ experience in the area of production and productivity and other related aspects in food / cash crops e.g., Oilseeds / Jute / Cotton / Sugarcane / Pulses / Wheat / Millet / Rice.
- Doctorate based on work-in plant breeding & genetics with particular reference to Food and Cash Crops (Oilseeds / Jute / Cotton / Sugarcane / Pulses / Wheat / Millet / Rice) and familiarity with the problems relating to their production.
- Knowledge of the latest development and current research and extension work in food and cash crops (Oil seeds / Jute / Cotton / Sugarcane / Pulses / Wheat / Millet / Rice).
- Expertise in writing technical reports of the above crops.
- Administrative experience.
Duties: Convening / participation in National level Seminar / Workshop / Meetings; involvement in policy issues, representing the Central Study Team and Administration of the Directorate.
HQ: Anywhere in India including Andaman & Nicobar Islands.
- One Senior Scientific Officer, Grade-II in Chemistry (Pharmacy) In The Directorate General Of Quality Assurance, Department Of Defence Production, Ministry Of Defence. Defence Quality Assurance Service.
Essential Qualifications :
A) Educational: Masters Degree in Pharmacy with specialization in Pharmaceutical Chemistry / Pharmaceutics / Pharmacology from a recognized University or equivalent.
B) Experience: Two years’ practical experience in Production/ Development/Quality Assurance in the Drug Industries.
Desirable: Knowledge of German, French, Russian, Japanese or Chinese language.
Duties: Preparation of specifications and vetting of documents pertaining to procurement of items/stores. Technical evaluation, testing, inspection and Quality Assurance activities of equipments, systems/sub-systems and stores indented by the Service pertaining to the relevant discipline. Creation of test facilities as per various laid down standards / specification.
Value Engineering studies of items / stores. Any Other Conditions: Any officer appointed to the service, if so required, shall be liable to serve as a Commissioned Officer in the Armed forces for a period of not less than four years including the period spent on training, if any Provided that such officer:
- shall not be required to serve as aforesaid after the expiry of ten years from the date of appointment to the service or from the date of his joining/prior to the initial constitution of the service; and
- shall not ordinarily be required to serve as aforesaid if he has attained the age of forty years.
- One Senior Scientific Officer, Grade-II in Chemistry (Chemical Engineering) In The Directorate General Of Quality Assurance, Department Of Defence Production, Ministry Of Defence. Defence Quality Assurance Service.
Essential Qualifications :
A) Educational: Master’s Degree in Chemistry or B.E. / B.Tech. in Chemical Engineering / B.Tech. in Petroleum Technology from a recognized University or equivalent.
B) Experience: Two years’ practical experience in Production / Development / Quality Assurance in the relevant field. Desirable: Qualification, Duties & Any Other Conditions: Same as in Item No. 2 above.
- One Professor in LNJN National Institute of Criminology and Forensic Science, Ministry of Home Affairs:
A) Educational: Doctorate Degree in Criminology or Sociology from a recognized University or equivalent.
Note:The topic for Ph.D Research should be directly related to Sociology of Deviance / Criminology.
B) Experience: Fifteen years’ experience in teaching, including five years’ experience of guiding research.
Desirable: M. Phil or Post M.A diploma in research Methodology from a recognised University / Institution.
Duties: The incumbent will be Head of the Faculty of Criminology of the Institute and will work in such manner as to run the faculty smoothly by designing and conducting PG Programme in Criminology, need – based research, trainings, organizing Seminars / Workshops.
- One Assistant Director Gr. I (Technical – Chemical Processing) In the Office of the Textile Commissioner, Ministry Of Textiles, Mumbai.
Essential Qualifications :
A) Educational: Degree in Textile Chemistry or Textile Processing or Chemical Technology of a recognized University or Institution or equivalent.
B) Experience: 3 years’ experience in a supervisory capacity in Government Department or Semi-Government Department or Government Undertakings or recognized Textile Institution or Textile Research Association, Textile Mills or Industry with duties relating to textile industry, trade and processing technology.
Desirable: Master’s Degree in subject(s) related with Textiles.
Duties: To assist Ministry / Department / Director in rendering advice / assistance for technology up-gradation and development of textile processing sector / industry. Associate in project preparation, appraisal and escorting it to the Financial Institutions.
- Candidates are requested to apply in the format published along with this advertisement No. 20 and NOT write to the Commission for application forms. They are also requested to go through carefully the details of posts and instructions published below before applying.
- Nature of Post: All posts belong to General Central Service except otherwise mentioned.
- Posts at S. Nos.1, 4 & 5 are permanent.
- Posts at S. Nos. 2 & 3 are temporary.
- Pay Scale & Classification :
(Figures in bracket at the end of the pay scale indicate the total emoluments excluding CCA and HRA at the minimum of the scale).
- 14300-400-18300/- (T.E. 30,245/-) Group ‘A’ Gazetted for the post at S. No. 4 above.
- 12000-375-16500/- (T.E. 25380/-) Group ‘A’ Gazetted for the post at S. No.1
- 8000-275-13500 (T.E. 16920/-) Group ‘A’ for the posts at S.NOS.2&3
- 8000-275-13500 (T.E. 16920/-) Group ‘A’ Gazetted for the post at S.No. 5
Age Limit as on Normal Closing Date i.e. 15-11-2007
- Not exceeding 50 years for the posts at S. Nos. 1 & 4.
- Not exceeding 35 years for the posts at S. Nos. 2, 3 & 5.
N.B. The age limit shown against all S. Nos. is normal age limit. AGE IS Relaxable For Central / Ut Govt Servants Upto Five Years as Per the Instructions Issued By Govt of India From Time To Time. For age concession applicable to other categories of applicants please see relevant paras of the Instructions to Candidates for recruitment by Selection.
- Headquarters: At places specifically stated against certain posts, otherwise anywhere in India or abroad.
- Probation: The persons selected will be appointed on probation as per rule.
Instruction and Additional Information to Candidates for Recruitment by Selection.
A Candidate must be either:
- a citizen of India, or
- a subject of Nepal, or
- a subject of Bhutan, or
- a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka or East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malavi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam. or from Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (b), (c), (d) and (e) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
Note: The application of a candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary, may be considered by the Commission and, if recommended for appointment, the candidate may also be provisionally appointed subject to the necessary certificate being issued in his favour by the Government of India.