UPSC Exam Question Bank CDs More Details…
1. A Combined Limited Departmental Competitive Examination 2015 for additions in the Select Lists for the Section Officers Grade and Stenographers Grade I / Grade B of the Services mentioned in para 2 below will be held by the Union Public Service Commission commencing on the 17th October, 2015 at Chennai, Delhi, Kolkata Mumbai and Nagpur in accordance with the Rules published by the Department of Personnel and Training in the Gazette of India dated the 11th July, 2015.
The UPSC SO / Stenographer 2015 Exam Centres and the dates of holding the UPSC Combined Section Officers / Stenographers Grade ‘B’ / Grade I Examination as mentioned above are liable to be changed at the discretion of the Union Public Service Commission.
While every effort will be made to allot the candidates to the centre of their choice for the UPSC Combined SO / Stenographers examination. The Union Public Service Commission may at their discretion, allot a different centre to a candidate when circumstances so warrant.
Candidates admitted to the UPSC Combined SO / Stenographers examination will be informed of the time table and place or places of UPSC S.O. / Steno Examination.
It may be noted that candidates applying for Stenographers ( Grade B / Grade I ) categories are to take the Section Officers / Stenographers 2015 written examination and shorthand test from Delhi centre only.
2. The services to which recruitment is to be made on the results of the Combined Section Officer / Stenographers examination are given below. However, since the number of vacancies in Section Officers / Stenographers to be filled in various categories has not yet been finalized by the concerned cadre controlling authorities, no indication can be made in this notice at this stage.
Department of Personnel and Training
No. 6/1/2014-CS I (P) : The rules for a Combined SOs’ / Stenographers’ ( Grade B’ / Grade – I ) Limited Departmental Competitive Examination for the year 2015 to be held by the Union Public Service Commission, for additions in the Select Lists for the Section Officers’ Grade and Stenographers’ ( Grade ‘B’ / Grade I ) of the Services mentioned below are, with the concurrence of the Ministries concerned, published for general information.
|Category - I||Section Officers Grade of the Central Secretariat Service|
|Category - II||Sections Officers Grade ( Integrated Grade II & III ) of the General Cadre of the Indian Foreign Service, Branch ‘B’.|
|Category - III||Section Officers’ Grade of the Railway Board Secretariat Service.|
|Category - IV||Private Secretary Grade of the Central Secretariat Stenographers Service.|
|Category - V||Grade I of the Stenographers Cadre of the Indian Foreign Service, Branch ‘B’.|
|Category - VI||Grade ‘A' & ‘B’ merged of the Armed Forces Headquarters Stenographers’ Service|
|Category - VII||Grade ‘B’ of the Railway Board Secretariat Stenographer’s Service.|
|Category - VIII||Section Officers Grade of the Intelligence Bureau.|
|Category - IX||Private Secretary Grade in Employees State Insurance Corporation.|
- The number of persons to be selected for inclusion in the Select List for each grade will be specified in the Notice issued by the Union Public Service Commission. Reservation shall be made for candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes and the Scheduled Tribes in respect of vacancies as may be fixed by the Government.
- The Combined SO / Stenographer examination will be conducted by the Union Public Service Commission in the manner prescribed in appendix to these rules. The dates on which and the places at which the examination will be held shall be fixed by the Union Public Service Commission.
3. A candidate who is eligible for more than one Categories of service and wishes to compete for both, need fill in only one UPSC Combined Section Officer / Stenographers application.
Candidates must indicate clearly in their Combined Section Officer / Stenographers applications the category / categories for which they are competing. Candidates competing for two categories should specify in their Union Public Service Commission S.O / Steno application the two categories in the order of preference.
No request for addition / alteration in the preferences already indicated by a candidate in his Combined Section Officer / Stenographers application will be entertained by the Union Public Service Commission.
4. Last Date for Receipt of Application for S.O. / Stenographers 2015 :
The candidates will have to fill in their S.O. / Steno application form online on UPSC website ( www.upsc.gov.in ). Detailed instructions to fill up the online application will be available on UPSC website. A printed copy of the submitted online application is required to be routed through their Head of Department / Head of Office to the Union Public Service Commission.
The online applications can be filled by the applicants from 11th July, 2015 to 07th August, 2015 ( till 11.59 p.m. ), after which the link will be disabled. The last date for receipt of printed copy of the S.O / Stenographers Limited Departmental Competitive Exam 2015 application in the Union Public Service Commission through proper channel is 18th August, 2015. The completed printed copy of the Section Officer / Stenographers application form duly verified / certified by concerned Head of Department / Office must reach the Under Secretary ( E – VI ), Union Public Service Commission, Dholpur House, Shahjahan Road, New Delhi – 110 069 on or before the prescribed date.
e – Admit Card of the admitted candidates to UPSC S.O / Steno examination 2015 will be uploaded on the UPSC website ( www.upsc.gov.in ) three weeks before the date of commencement of UPSC Section Officer / Stenographers examination and can be downloaded by the eligible candidates. No paper admit card will be issued by the Union Public Service Commission. Candidates shall not be admitted to the examination for S.O / Steno 2015 unless he / she holds a downloaded e – admit card. Candidates are required to fill in their valid and active e-mail id in their online application form for S.O / Steno Limited Departmental Competitive Exam 2015 as Commission may use electronic modes for contacting them.
Note : Only those candidates whose printed copy of UPSC Section Officers / Stenographers online application 2015 is forwarded by their Head of Department / Office will be considered for admission to S.O / Stenographers Examination. They should further note that the Union Public Service Commission will in no case be responsible for non-receipt of their application for Stenographers Grade B / Grade I or any delay in receipt thereof on any account whatsoever.
No application, received after the prescribed last date for receipt of printed copy of the Stenographers application in the Union Public Service Commission through proper channel, will be entertained under any circumstances and all the late applications for Combined S.O / Steno will be summarily rejected. They should, therefore, ensure that after verifying the relevant entries and completing the endorsement at the end of the UPSC SO / Steno application form, their applications are forwarded by their Department or Head of Office, so as to reach the Union Public Service Commission’s Office on or before the prescribed last date.