New Delhi – 110 069.
- Filling up of three vacancies of Assistant Director ( Confidential Security ), General Central Service, Group ‘A’, ( PB – 3 ) 15600 – 39100/- plus Grade Pay 5400/- in the office of UPSC on Deputation basis and Deputation or Re-employment basis of Armed Forces Personnel. It is proposed to fill up three vacancies of Assistant Director ( Confidential Security ) ( General Central Service, Group “A” Gazetted, Ministerial ) in the Scale of Pay of 15600 – 39100/- plus Grade Pay 5400/- for Assistant Director ( Confidential Security ) in the office of UPSC by Deputation of officers under Central Government or by Deputation or Re – employment of Armed Forces Personnel.
Officers under the Central Government :
- Holding analogous posts on a regular basis in the parent cadre or department; or
- With two years regular service in the Pay Band of 9300 – 34800 with Grade Pay of 4800/- or equivalent in the parent cadre or department; or
- With three years regular service in the Pay Band of 9300 – 34800 with grade of 4600/- or equivalent in the parent cadre or department; and
- Possessing the following educational qualifications and experience :
- Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University; and
- three years experience in handling confidential examination documents or security matters or confidential record management.
- Deputation or Re – employment of Armed Forces Personnel : The Armed Forces Personnel of the rank of Junior Commissioned Officer or equivalent, who are due to retire or likely to be transferred to reserve within a period of one year and having the requisite qualifications and experience prescribed for deputations shall also be considered and if selected, such persons will be given deputation terms with effect from the date on which they are due for release from the Armed Forces. Thereafter they may be continued on such terms and conditions as may be prescribed for re – employment. In case such eligible officers have retired or have been transferred to reserve before the actual selection to the post is made, their appointment will be on re – employment basis ( Re-employment upto the age of superannuation with reference to civil posts. )
- Duties Attached to the Post of Assistant Director ( Confidential Security ) :
- Maintenance of Visitors Register and to regulate the ingress and egress of officers and staff working in the Confidential Branch.
- To periodically check the photo passes of the staff and officers before allowing entry into the respective work places.
- To issue casual passes to CP WD staff or Mechanic or Safai Karamchari etc for performing their work connected with day – to – day maintenance in the Confidential Branch.
- Frisking of employees working in the Confidential Branch.
- To ensure overall security of the Confidential Branch during working hours. He is overall in – charge of access control in the Security Zone assigned to him which requires his continuous presence. This includes supervision of the fire fighting arrangement in consultation with the concerned authorities. The Confidential Branch on both the floors is opened and closed daily by the respective AD ( CS ).
- To ensure that the movement of confidential documents takes place in accordance with the normal procedures or any specific procedure laid down by the UPSC.
- Any breach of security noticed in the movement of confidential documents will empower him to prevent its movement. He is required to immediately report to the Joint Secretary ( Confidential ) about such violations and, if necessary, to the Secretary.
- He is responsible for the safe custody of the keys of all the doors except the Strong Rooms and rooms occupied by the officers and Sections of the Confidential Branch.
- To ensure periodically that no confidential document is left behind in the open.
- Not to leave his office even for temporary periods without another responsible officer manning his office / functions during his absence.
- To be responsible for securing and locking the gate at the access control points.
- To monitor Biometrics Access Control System.
- Any other job that may be assigned to him in the interest of maintaining security and secrecy of the Confidential Branch.
- Regulation of Pay and other terms of deputation : The pay and other terms of deputation will be regulated under the provisions contained in the Deptt. of Personnel & Training O.M. No. 2 / 29 / 91 – Estt. (Pay – ll) dated 05.01.1994 as amended from time to time.
- Age limit for Assistant Director Vacancy : The maximum UPSC age limit for appointment by deputation shall not exceed 56 ( fifty six ) years as on the closing date of receipt of applications for UPSC.
- Period of deputation : Period of deputation including period of deputation in another ex-cadre post held immediately preceding this appointment in the same or some other organization / department of the Central Govt, shall ordinarily not exceed three years. For the purpose of appointment on deputation basis, the service rendered on a regular basis by an officer prior to 1st January, 2006 ( date from which the revised pay structure based on the Sixth Central Pay Commission recommendations has been extended ) shall be deemed to be service rendered in the corresponding grade pay or pay scale of the sixth Central Pay Commission except where there has been merger of more than one pre – revised scale of pay int6 one grade with a common grade pay or pay scale, and where this benefit will extend only for the post (s) for which that grade pay or pay scale is the normal replacement grade without upgradation.
- Application for UPSC 2011 Jobs for Assistant Director along with Bio – data ( in duplicate ) in the prescribed proforma ( Annexure – I ) of the eligible candidates whose services can be spared immediately on selection, together with the certificate from the Forwarding Authority ( in proforma Annexure – ll ) along with the following documents :
- Integrity certificate.
- Statement of major / minor penalties imposed if any, on the official during the last 10 years; ( if no penalty has been imposed a ‘nil’ certificate should be enclosed ).
- Vigilance clearance certificate.
- Attested photocopies of the ACRs for the last five years ( attested on each page by an officer not below the rank of an Under Secretary to the Govt, of India ).
- Cadre clearance may be forwarded in respect of each candidate separately to the following address within 60 days of publication of Union Public Service Commission advertisement in the Employment News / Rozgar Samachar.Shri K.M. Sasidharan,
Under Secretary ( Admn. ),
Union Public Service Commission,
New Delhi – 110 069.
UPSC 2011 Applications for Assistant Director not forwarded through proper channel of those received without the requisite certificate and necessary document will not be entertained.
- The candidates who apply for the Assistant Director post will not be allowed to withdraw their candidature subsequently.
- Advance copies of applications or UPSC applications for Assistant Director recruitment received after the prescribed closing date or not accompanied with the required certificates / documents are liable to be rejected.
Eligibility Conditions for Assistant Director Jobs :