Age Limit for UPSC Recruitment 2010
4. Age Limit as on Normal Closing Date
1. Not exceeding 45 years for the posts at S. Nos. 2 & 5.
2. Not exceeding 35 years for the posts at S. Nos.3,4,6,7 & 8.
3. Not exceeding 30 years for the posts at S.No.1.
N.B. The age limit shown against S.No.4 is relaxed age limit for ST candidates. The UPSC age limit shown against Sl.No.5 is relaxed age limit for SC candidates.
The Union Public Service Commission age limit shown against all other S.Nos is normal age limit and only in these cases age is relaxable for SC/ST candidates upto 5 years & upto 3 years for OBC candidates in respect of vacancies reserved for them.
Age is also relaxable for central / ut govt servants upto five years as per the instructions issued by govt of India from time to time.
For age concession applicable to other categories of applicants please see relevant paras of the Instructions to Candidates for recruitment by Selection.
Candidates with disabilities [as indicated against Item(s)] can apply to the respective posts even if the post is not reserved for them.
However, such candidates will be considered for selection to such post by general standard of merit. Persons suffering from not less than 40% of relevant disability shall alone be eligible for the benefit of reservation and other relaxations as permissible under the rules.
5. Headquarters : At places specifically stated against certain posts, otherwise anywhere in India or aboard.
6. Probation : The persons selected will be appointed on probation as per rule.
Instruction and additional information to candidates for Recruitment by Selection
1. Citizenship :
A. Candidate must be either :
1. A citizen of India, or
2. a subject of Nepal, or
3. A subject of Bhutan, or
4. A Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
5. A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka or East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malavi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam, or from Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (b), (c), (d) and (e) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
The UPSC application of a candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary, may be considered by the Commission and, if recommended for appointment, the candidate may also be provisionally appointed subject to the necessary certificate being issued in his favour by the Government of India.
2. UPSC Age Limits :
The UPSC age limit for the post has been given in the advertisement. For certain age concessions admissible to various categories please go through instruction No. 5.
3. Minimum Educational Qualifications :
All applicants must fulfil the essential requirements of the post and other conditions stipulated in the advertisement.
They are advised to satisfy themselves before applying that they possess at least the essential qualifications laid down for various posts. No enquiry asking for advice as to eligibility will be entertained.
Note – I :
The prescribed essential qualifications are the minimum and the mere possession of the same does not entitle candidates to be called for interview.
Note – II :
In the event of number of UPSC applications being large, Commission will resort to short listing criteria to restrict the number of candidates to be called for interview to a reasonable limit by any or more of the following methods :
1. On the basis of either qualifications and experience higher than the minimum prescribed in the advertisement; or
2. On the basis of experience in the relevant field; or
3. By counting experience before or after the acquisition of essential qualifications; or
4. By holding a screening test.
The candidate should, therefore, mention all the qualifications and experience in the relevant field over and above the minimum qualifications and should attach attested / self certified copies of the Certificates in support thereof.
Note – III : In regard to Educational Qualifications, the mark-sheets in lieu of Educational Certificates will not be accepted by the Commission.
Note – IV : The provisional claim what so ever in regard to eligibility to the post will not be accepted by the Commission.