Union Public Service Commission – Ministry of Defence – Instruction and Additional Infirmation to Candidates | Concession and Relaxation | Certificate to be attached
UPSC invites Applications For The Following Posts
- Seven Junior Scientific Officers In Integrated Headquarters (Navy), Ministry Of Defence of the seven posts, one post is reserved for SC candidates & two posts are reserved for OBC candidates. Out of seven posts, one post is reserved for Physically Handicapped persons (Orthopaedically Handicapped) from any community. These posts are also suitable for disabled (Orthopaedically Handicapped) persons.
Qualifications: Essential Educational:
Master’s degree in physics with Electronics as a subject or degree in Telecommunication Engineering of a recognized University or equivalent and
Two years experience in Manufacture/ Inspection / Development/ maintenance of Electrical / or Electronics Instruments. OR B
Master’s degree in Physics or Chemistry with specialization in spectrography of a recognized University or equivalent and Two years experience in Analysis of Metals and Alloys by spectrographs. OR C
Master’s degree in Physics / Chemistry or degree in Mechanical Engineering of a recognized University or equivalent. (ii) Two years experience in instruments Test Laboratory, Research / Design and Development / Inspection.
Duties: In – charge of a particular section looking after the day to day Scientific activities. Daily allocation of duties to the Scientific Staff working under him. Monitors and guides the Scientific Staff in carrying out analysis / tests of the samples received on regular basis. He himself carries out the analysis / tests for certain critical samples / jobs as per the requirement. Preparation and signing of test reports.
- (Ref. No. F.1/54/2006 – R – IV & F.1 / 24 / 2006 – R – IV) Two Assistant Town and Country Planners In Town & Country Planning Organisation, Ministry Of Urban Development.
Out of two posts, one post is reserved for OBC candidates which to be filled by Physically Handicapped (Orthopaedically Handicapped) candidates. These posts are also suitable for physically Handicapped (Orthopaedically Handicapped) Candidates.
Qualifications: Essential: Educational: Post Graduate Degree or Diploma in Town / City / Urban / Regional Planning from a recognized University or equivalent.
Desirable : Associateship of the Institute of Town Planners (India) or equivalent.
Duties: To guide and supervise studies and survey for the preparation of master and zonal plans and layouts and to undertake preparation of maps, charts etc.
HQ: New Delhi (Touring will be involved).
- Candidates applying for the posts are requested to apply in the format published along with this advertisement No. 21 and NOT write to the Commission for application forms. They are also requested to go through carefully the details of posts and instructions published below before applying.
- Pay Scale & Classification: (Figures in bracket at the end of the pay scale indicate the total emoluments excluding CCA and HRA at the minimum of the scale).
Nature of Post: All posts belong to General Central Service except otherwise mentioned.
a) Posts at S. Nos. 1 & 2 are permanent.
- 8000 – 275 -13500/- (T.E. 15480) Group ‘A’ Gazetted for the posts at S.No.2.
- 7500 – 250 – 12000 (T.E. 14523/-) Group ‘B’, Gazetted, for the posts at S.No.1.
Age Limit As On Normal Closing Date i.e. 30 -11-2006
- Not exceeding 35 years for the posts at S. Nos 1 & 2.
N.B. The age limit shown against all S. Nos. is normal age limit. The age is relaxable for SC candidates upto 5 years and upto 3 years for OBC candidates in respect of posts reserved for them. Age Is Also Relax able For Central/Ut Govt Servants Up to Five Years As Per The Instructions Issued By Govt Of India From Time To Time. For age concession applicable to other categories of applicants please see relevant paras of the instructions to Candidates for recruitment by Selection
Note: Candidates with disabilities (as indicated against each item) can apply to the respective posts even if the post is not reserved for them. However, such candidates will be considered for selection to such posts by general standard of merit. Persons suffering from not less than 40% of relevant disability shall alone be eligible for the benefit of reservation and other relaxation as permissible under the rules.
- Headquarters: At places specifically stated against certain posts, otherwise anywhere in India or abroad.
- Probation: The persons selected will be appointed on problem as per rule.