Union Public Service Commission ( UPSC ) – Directorate of Millets Development
1. One Joint Director in Directorate of Millets Development, Jaipur, Ministry of Agriculture, Department Of Agriculture & Co-Operation.
A. Educational : Post – graduate Degree in any branch of Agricultural Sciences from a recognised University or equivalent.
B. Experience : Five years’ experience in the area of production and productivity and other related aspects in food/cash crops e.g., Oilseeds / Jute / Cotton / Sugar Cane / Pulses / Wheat / Millet / Rice.
- Doctorate based on work in Plant Breeding & Genetics with particular reference to Food and cash crops ( Oilseeds / Jute / Cotton / Sugar Cane / Pulses / Wheat / Millet / Rice ) and familiarity with the problems relating to their production.
- Knowledge of the latest development and current research and extension work in food and cash crops ( Oilseeds / Jute / Cotton / Sugar Cane / Pulses / Wheat / Millet / Rice ).
- Expertise in writing technical reports of the above crops.
- Administrative experience.
Duties : Convening / participation in National Level Seminar / Workshop / Meetings; involvement in policy issues, representing the Central Study Team and Administration of the Directorate. Reviewing and monitoring of programs relating to development of oilseeds and oil palm being implemented under the centrally sponsored Integrated Scheme of Oilseeds, Pulses, Oil Palm & Maize ( ISOPOM ) in the country w.e.f. 01.04.2004.
HQ : Anywhere in India including Andaman & Nicobar Islands.
2. Thirteen Plant Protection Officers ( Entomology ) in the Directorate Of Plant Protection, Quarantine & Storage, Ministry Of Agriculture, Department of Agriculture and Co-Operation. Out of thirteen posts, two posts are reserved for SC, one post is reserved for ST and three posts are reserved for OBC candidates.
A. Educational : M.Sc Degree in Entomology or Nematology or M.Sc. Degree in Agriculture ( with specialization in Entomology ) or M.Sc Degree in Zoology ( with specialization in Entomology ) of a recognized University or equivalent.
B. Experience : Two years’ experience in Plant Protection work.
Desirable : Doctorate degree in Entomology or Nematology or Agricultural Entomology of a recognized University or equivalent.
Duties : To attend / undertake Phyto – sanitary / treatment for exported / imported agricultural commodities including post – entry quarantine inspection. To undertake crop pests and natural enemies surveys and assist State Govt. in organizing pest management operations on Locust Control and Integrated Pest Management. To impart training cum demonstration on latest plant Protection methods for State agricultural officials and farmers.
3. Three Registrars of Companies / Joint Directors ( Inspection ) / Other Posts Included in Junior Administrative Grade ( Jag )( Accounts Branch ) of Indian Company Law Service ( Icls ), Ministry of Corporate Affairs.
A. Educational : A qualification recognised for enrolment in the Register of Members of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India or of the Institute of Cost and Works Accountants of India or Membership of the Institute of Company Secretaries of India or equivalent ; and
B. Experience : Eight years’ experience as Chartered Accountant or as Cost and Works Accountant or as Company Secretary. OR Ten years’ experience in a Commercial or Industrial Organization or in a Government Department connected with administration of the Companies Act, 1956.
Desirable : Administrative Experience.
Duties : Scrutiny of Accounts of Joint Stock Companies. Inspection & Investigation into affairs of Companies.
1. Candidates are requested to apply in the format published along with this advertisement No. 04 and NOT write to the Commission for application forms. They are also requested to go through carefully the details of posts and instructions published below before applying.
2. Nature of Poat : All posts belong to General Central Service except otherwise mentioned.
- Posts at S.Nos 1 & 3 are permanent.
- Posts at S.No. 2 are temporary.
3. Pay Scale & Classification : ( Figures in bracket at the end of the pay scale indicate the total emoluments excluding CCA and HRA at the minimum of the scale ).
- 12,000-375-16,500 ( T.E. 25,380 ) Group ‘A’ for the posts at S.No.3 above.
- 10000-325-15200 ( T.E. 21,150/- ) Group ‘A’ Gazetted for the post at S. No.1 above.
- 6500-200-10500 ( T.E. 13748 ) Group ‘B’ Gazetted for the posts at S.No.2 above.
Age Limit as on normal Closing Date : i.e. 13-03-2008
- Not exceeding 50 years for the posts at S. No.3
- Not exceeding 45 years for the post at S. No. 1
- Not exceeding 30 years for the posts at S. No.2
Note : The age limit shown against all S. Nos. is normal age limit. Age is relaxable for SC/ST candidates upto 5 years and upto 3 years for OBC candidates in respect of vacancies reserved for them. Age is also relaxable for central / ut govt servants upto five years as per the instructions issued by govt of india from time to time. For age concession applicable to other categories of applicants please see relevant paras of the Instructions to Candidates for recruitment by Selection.
5. Headquarters : At places specifically stated against certain posts, otherwise anywhere in India or aboard.
6. Probation : The persons selected will be appointed on probation as per rule.