Union Public Service Commission Recruitment 2010 ( Operations Officer, Assistant Architects )
1. Five Operations Officers in the office of the Director General of Civil Aviation, Ministry of Civil Aviation. Out of five posts, one post is each reserved for SC & OBC candidates.
Qualifications : Essential : Educational :
- Degree in Engineering in Aeronautical / Electrical / Electronics / Computer Sciences from a recognized University or equivalent; and
- Two years’ experience in Air Traffic Control or Licensing of Aerodrome / Air Crew / Air Transport OR
- B.Sc Degree from a recognized University or equivalent with Physics and Mathematics as subjects; and
- Three years’ experience in Air Traffic Control or Licensing of Aerodrome / Air Crew / Air Transport.
Duties : Assisting in work relating to standardization of Aerodromes, Licensing of airports, Licensing of Flight Crew, permits for operations of Non-scheduled Operators / Air Taxi Operators / Scheduled Domestic Operators, standardization of procedures relating to Air Traffic Systems and ratings of Air Traffic Controllers, investigation of operational incidents to aircraft including Air Traffic Control incidents.
HQ : New Delhi.
2. Three Assistant Architects in the Civil Engineering Wing, Department of Telecommunications, Ministry of Communication & Information Technology. Out of three posts, one post is reserved for Physically Handicapped persons i.e. Orthopaedically Handicapped / Locomotor disability / Cerebral Palsy with OL ( One Leg ) / OA (One Arm ) affected persons.
The posts are also suitable for Physically Handicapped persons i.e. Orthopaedically Handicapped / Locomotor disability / Cerebral Palsy with OL ( One Leg ) / OA ( One Arm ) affected persons.
Qualifications : Essential : A. Educational : Degree in Architecture of a recognized University or equivalent.
B. Experience : About two years’ professional experience.
Duties : To assist the Architect and Senior Architect for preparation of designs & drawings. To supervise the sites for regular progress of work. To assist Sr. Architect in obtaining approval of plans from local bodies, maintaining account of drawing stationery, administrative and technical functions. Preparation and maintenance of leave registers, update the library and preparation of records of all information required to be presented alongwith the drawings for construction of projects.
3. Six Superintending Archaeologists in Archaeological Survey of India, Ministry of Culture. Of the six posts, one post is reserved for ST candidates & two posts are reserved for OBC candidates.
Qualifications : Essential : A. Educational :
- At least a Second Class Master’s degree of a recognized University or equivalent in Indian History / Archaeology / Anthropology with knowledge of Stone Age Archaeology / Geology with knowledge of Pleistocene Geology.
- Diploma in Archaeology from the Archaeological Survey of India with three years field experience. OR Field experience of at least five years’ in Archaeology and knowledge of Monuments and Antiquities.
- Doctorate Degree in any of the above subjects or equivalent published research work ( evidence to be furnished ).
Desirable : Knowledge of Sanskrit, Pali, Prakrit, Persian or Arabic upto degree level.
Note : Candidates selected for the post will, during the period of probation, be required to undergo training as per requirements of the job prescribed by the Archaeological Survey of India and will be required to pass a departmental examination before confirmation.
Duties : To undertake excavation, exploration and preservation of Monuments of Archaeological Survey of India. Preparation of technical reports on Monuments Antiquities and Archaeological Research in general and office administration works. Village to village survey of Monuments and Antiquarian remains, preparation of survey plan of protected monuments. Ensure in safety to monuments & regulation of watch and word duty. To act as licensing Officer as per provision of antiquity and Art Treasure Act and to conduct small scale excavation.
To co-ordinate with the State Government and other local authorities and to arrange visits of VIPs whenever called up to do so.
4. One Scientific Officer in National Archives of India, New Delhi, Ministry of Culture. The post is reserved for OBC candidates.
Qualifications : Essential : A. Educational : Master’s degree in Chemistry / Physics of a recognized University or equivalent / Bachelor of Engineering in Paper Technology.
B. Experience : Three years’ experience of research / teaching in a recognized educational institutional / work in a Government Record Office.
Duties : To supervise and guide the branches concerned with the repair binding, lamination and restoration of documents. To supervise the work of Research Laboratory paper testing, photography, fluorescent and ultraviolet ray photography, repair and rehabilitation of records, use of insecticides and fumigation the technique of vaccum and vault fumigation etc.
To render on the spot direction and technical guidance to the Assistant Chemists, Preservation Assistant, Binders, Menders working under him/her and any other duty assigned by the Director General of Archives from time to time.
HQ : Delhi / Bhopal / Jaipur / Puducherry / Bhubaneshwar.
5. Two Junior Works Managers ( Clothing Technology ) in Ordnance Factory Board, Department of Defence Production, Ministry of Defence. Civilian in Defence Services. Out of two posts, one post is reserved for OBC candidates. The posts are also suitable for Physically Handicapped persons with disability of Hearing Impairment PD ( Partially deaf ) / Orthopaedically Handicapped / Locomotor disability or Cerebral Palsy with OL ( One Leg ) or OA ( One Arm ) affected.
Qualifications : Essential : Educational : Degree in Textile Engineering / Technology or equivalent from a recognized University.
Duties : Duties of managerial nature. A Junior Works Manager is required to work as Head of Section / Workshop / Office or a Group in the Workshop / Section / Office. He will be fully responsible for proper working of the group allotted to him. For this duties & responsibilities he is to report to Divisional Officer, who is a Group ‘A’ Officer.
HQ : Any of the Ordnance Factories / Units or Headquarters in India.