UPSC Recruitment 2010 ( Chief Engineer, Assistant Agricultural Marketing Advisers )
1. One Chief Engineer, Gr.II, Fishery Survey of India, Mumbai, Department of Animal Husbandry Dairying & Fisheries, Ministry of Agriculture. The post is reserved for SC candidates.
Qualifications : Essential : A. Educational :
- Ministry of Transport Certificate of Competency in First Class or Second Class Engineer(Motor) OR Ministry of Transport Certificate as Engineer of Fishing Vessels. OR Certificate of Competency as
- Engineer of Fishing Vessels.
- Engine Driver of Fishing Vessels, OR
- Sea Going Engine Driver issued by the Mercantile Marine Department.
- Secondary School leaving Certificate or equivalent or Satisfactory completion of Institutional Training of Engine Driver course at Central Institute of Fisheries Operatives, Cochin / Madras.
B. Experience : Three years’ practical experience on Fishing Vessels.
Duties : Upkeep of all the machinery in the Engine room and electric, electronic, refrigeration equipment on board the vessel. Assistance to the Chief Engineer, Gr-I for smooth operation of the entire propulsion system, planning the routine inspections, preventive maintenance, breakdown maintenance of the machinery and equipments. Maintenance of engine log books and other records.
HQ : Anywhere in India including Andaman & Nicobar Islands.
Note : The closing date for receipt of applications for Item No.1 is 08-06-2010. The date for determining the eligibility of all candidates in every respect for this Item shall be 08-06-2010.
2. Eight Assistant Agricultural Marketing Advisers ( Group-I ) (Survey, Training and Quality Control) in Directorate of Marketing & Inspection, Department of Agriculture & Cooperation, Ministry of Agriculture. Out of the eight posts, one post is reserved for SC candidates & two posts are reserved for OBC candidates.
Qualifications : Essential : Educational :
- Master’s Degree in Agriculture or Botany or Agricultural Economics or Agricultural Marketing or Economics or Commerce with Economics from a recognized University ; and
- Five years’ experience in the field of Agricultural Marketing including Cooperative Marketing OR Three years’ experience in the field of Agricultural Marketing with diploma in Marketing Management awarded by the Indian Institute of Food Technology or equivalent or any other recognized University/Institute or equivalent.
Desirable : Experience of organizing / conducting Market Surveys and writing reports.
Duties : To assist Agricultural Marketing Adviser ( AMA ) / Jt. AMA in all technical works of the Directorate. To render technical guidance in scrutinizing, processing and interpretation of data collected.
3. Twenty – Four Deputy Superintending Archaeologists in the Archaeological Survey of India, Ministry of Culture. of the twenty – four posts, two posts each are reserved for SC, ST & OBC candidates. Out of the twenty – four posts, one post is reserved for Physically Handicapped [ Orthopaedically Handicapped / Locomotor Disability / Cerebral Palsy ( One Arm Affected – Right or Left – (a) Impaired reach (b) Weakness of Grip & (c) Ataxic ) ] candidates. The posts are suitable for Physically Handicapped persons having above mentioned disabilities.
Qualifications : Essential : Educational :
Note : Candidates selected for the posts will, during the period of probation be required to undergo training as per requirement of the job prescribed by the Archaeological Survey of India and will be required to pass a departmental examination before confirmation.
Duties : To assist the superintending Archaeologist, official functions which include the following : Documentation of antiquities, preparation of cultural notice boards, village to village survey of antiquarian remains, drawing of inspection notes and highlighting the need of preservation of protected monuments and to exercise delegated financial / administrative powers.
To ensure steps against encroachment, vandalism and mutilation of monuments, to administrate site museums. Conducting exploration / excavation, preparation of literature guide books of protected monuments and sites for the benefit of tourists. To check museums, conservation works of monuments.
4. One Junior Works Manager ( Civil ) in Ordnance Factory Board, Department of Defence Production, Ministry of Defence. Civilian in Defence Service. The post is also suitable for Physically Handicapped persons with disability of Orthopaedically Handicapped / Locomotor disability / Cerebral Palsy affected [ One Arm (OA) / One Leg (OL) ] or Hearing Impaired ( Partially Deaf ).
Qualifications : Essential : Educational : Degree in Civil Engineering / Technology or equivalent from a recognized University.
Duties : The work is of Technical & Supervisory nature where the officer is responsible for the out put and working of a group of Industrial, non-Industrial & non-gazetted employees posted under him, as per targets given by the organization and reports to Group A officers.
HQ : At O.F Board, Ordnance Factories & Other Units under OFB Organization in different parts of the country.
5. One Lecturer ( Bahasa Indonesia ) in School of Foreign Languages, Ministry of Defence. The post is reserved for Physically Challenged persons [ Orthopaedically Handicapped / Locomotor Disability or Cerebral Palsy OL( One Leg Affected )/ BLA ( Both Legs and Both Arms Affected ) ] persons from any community.
Qualifications : Essential : Education :
- Master’s Degree in any discipline with English as a medium of instructions; and
- Diploma or Interpretership equivalent to Diploma in Bahasha Indonesia.
Desirable : Experience in teaching or translation from Bahasa Indonesia language to English / Hindi or vice – versa.
Duties : To teach Bahasa Indonesia language to a very high standard including interpretership standard.
HQ : Delhi / New Delhi with All India service liability.