New Delhi – 110069
Union Public Service Commission Filling up of one post of Manager (DP) (General Central Service, Group ‘A’ Gazetted, Non-Ministerial) in the scale of pay of 12,000 – 375 – 16,500/- Union Public Service Commission by transfer on deputation (including Short-term-contract) basis.
It is proposed to fill up one post of Manager (DP) (General Central Service, Group ‘A’ Gazetted, Non-Ministerial) in the scale of pay of 12,000-375-16,500/- in the O/o Union Public Service Commission by transfer on deputation (including STC) basis.
- Deputation (including Short Term Contract):
(i) Officers under Central Government / State Government / Universities Recognized Research institutions / Public Sector Undertakings/Statutory or Autonomous organizations:
- holding analogous posts on regular basis: or
- with five years regular service in posts in the scale of pay of 3,000-4,500 (pre-revised) or equivalent; and
b) Essential: Possessing the following educational qualifications and experience:
- Master`s Degree in Statistics/Operation Research or Mathematics / Economics / Commerce (with Statistics) or degree in Engineering of a Recognized University or equivalent.
- 10 years experience in a supervisory capacity of running of a mechanical tabulation / electronic computer installation and of planning and supervising work on such equipment.
c) Desirable: Training in Electronic Data Processing from a recognized Institution or equivalent.
II. The departmental officers in the feeder category who are in the direct line of promotion will not be eligible for consideration for appointment on deputation. Similarly, deputationists shall not be eligible for consideration for appointment by promotion.
Regulation of pay
- The pay of the selected candidates will be regulated under the provisions contained the D/o. Personnel & Training O.M.No.2/29/91-Ests (Pay-II) dated 05.01.1994 as amended from time to time.
- Period of deputation (including Short Term Contract) including period of deputation in another ex-cadre post held immediately preceding this appointment in the same or other organization / department shall not exceed four years.
- The maximum age limit for appointment by deputation (including Short Term Contract) shall not be exceeding fifty six years as on the closing date of receipt of applications.
- Application along with Bio-data (in duplicate) in the prescribed proforma (Annexure-I) of the eligible candidates whose services can be spared immediately on selection, together with the certificate from the Forwarding Authority (in proforma Annexure-II) along with the following documents:
Period of deputation
- Integrity certificate
- List of Major / Minor penalties imposed if any, on the official during the last 10 years; (if no penalty has been imposed a ‘nil’ certificate should be enclosed).
- Vigilance clearance certificate.
- Attested photocopies of the ACRs for the last five years (attested on each page by an officer not below the rank of Under Secretary to the Govt. of India) may be forwarded to within 60 days of publication of this advertisement to the following address:
Shri Dinesh Kumar
Under Secretary (Admn.)
Union Public Service Commission
New Delhi – 110069
UPSC applications not forwarded through proper channel or those received without the requisite certificates and necessary documents will not be entertained.
Proforma for Application for the post of Manager (DP)
- Name and address (Block letters):
- Date of birth (in Christian era)
- Date of retirement under Central Govt. Rules.
- Educational and other qualifications
- Whether educational and other Qualifications required for the post are satisfied. (If any qualification has been treated as equivalent to the one prescribed in the rules, state the authority for the same).
- Please state clearly whether in the light of entries made by you above, you meet the requirements of the post.
- Details of employment, in chronological order. (Starting from entry in Central Government service). Enclose a separate sheet, duly authenticated by you signature, if the space below is insufficient.
- Nature of present employment, i.e. ad-hoc or Temporary or permanent
- In case the present employment is held on deputation please state:
- The date of initial appointment
- Period of appointment on deputation
- Name of parent office / Organization to which you belong.
- Are you in revised scale of pay? If yes, give the date from which the revision took place and also indicate the pre-revised scale.
- Total emoluments per month now drawn
- Additional information, if any, which you would like to mention in support of your suitability for the post. (Enclose a separate sheet if the space is insufficient).