Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) – Director
New Delhi -110069
- Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) Filling up of one anticipated vacancy of Director (Examination Reforms) in the scale of pay of 18400-22400 in the office of UPSC on promotion / deputation (including short term contract) basis.
It is proposed to fill up one anticipated vacancy of Director (Examination Reforms) (General Central Service, Group “A” Gazetted, Non-ministerial) in the scale of pay of 18400-500-22400 in the Office of UPSC on promotion / deputation (including short-term contract) basis.
Eligibility Conditions for UPSC:
Officers under the Central Government / State Government / Union Territories Governments / Recognized Research Institutions / Universities / Public Undertakings / Semi Government / Autonomous or Statutory Organizations:
- holding analogous posts on a regular; or
- with two year’s regular service in the posts in the scale of 16400-20000 or equivalent; or
- with three year’s regular service in the posts in the scale of 14300-18300 or equivalent; or
- with eight year’s regular service in the posts in the scale of 12000-16500 or equivalent; and
(b) Possessing the educational qualifications and experience prescribed for direct recruitment and also applicable for Promotion / Deputation which are as under:-
- Doctorate degree in any subject or equivalent or postgraduate degree in Engineering / Technology or equivalent of a recognized university or equivalent.
- 15 year’s experience in teaching or research practical experience including 5 years’ experience in examination reforms development / constructions of objective type tests, question bank / research and analysis of items / test data / design and development of examination scheme and methods.
- Administrative experience
(Departmental Joint Directors (ER) with 8 year’s regular service in the grade and possessing the educational Qualifications prescribed for direct recruits will also be considered along with outsiders and in case any one of them is selected for appointment to the post, the same shall be deemed to have been filled by promotion).
Any service rendered as Deputy Secretary under Regulation 4 of the Union Public Service Commission (Staff) regulation, 1958 prior to appointment as Joint Director (ER) shall also count for the purpose of promotion. (The departmental officers in the feeder category who are in the direct line of promotion shall not be eligible for considerations for appointment on deputation. Similarly deputationists shall not be eligible for consideration for appointment by promotion.)
Regulation of pay and other terms of deputation: – The pay and other terms of deputation will be regulated under the provisions contained in the Deptt of Personnel & Training dated 05.01.1994 as amended from time to time.
Union Public Service Commission Age-limit:
The maximum age limit for appointment by deputation shall not exceed 56 (fifty six) years as on the closing date of receipt of applications.
Period of deputation : Period of deputation / contract including period of deputation to another ex-cadre post held immediately .preceding this appointment in the same or other organizations / departments of the Central Govt, shall not exceed five years.
- UPSC Application along with Bio-data (in duplicate) in the prescribed proforma (Annexure-I) of the eligible candidates whose services can be spared immediately on selection, together with the certificate from the Forwarding Authority (in proforma Annexure-ll) along with the following documents :
- UPSC Integrity certificate
- List of major / minor penalties imposed if any, on the official during the last 10 years; (if no penalty has been imposed a ‘nil’ certificate should be enclosed).
- Vigilance clearance certificate.
- Attested photocopies of the ACRs for the last five years (2002-03 to 2006-07) (attested on each page by an officer not below the rank of an Under Secretary to the Govt, of India) may be forwarded within 50 days of publication of this advertisement in the Employment News / Rozgar Samachar. Applications not forwarded through proper Channel or those received without the requisite certificates and necessary documents will not be entertained.
Shri Dinesh Kumar
Under Secretary (Admn.)
Union Public Service Commission
- The Candidates who apply for the post will not be allowed to withdraw their candidature subsequently.