Union Public Service Commission Invites Applications for the following Posts
- One Civilian Medical Officer For Navy Under Directorate General Of Armed Forces Medical Service, Ministry Of Defence. The post is reserved for Physically Handicapped persons (locomotor disability or cerebral palsy (OL, PA) of any community.
Qualifications: Essential: Educational:
- A recognized medical qualification included in the first or the second schedule or Part II of the Third schedule (other than licentiate qualification) to the Indian Medical Council Act, 1956. Holders of educational qualifications included in Part II of the third schedule should also fulfil the conditions stipulated in sub-section (3) of Section 13 of the IMC Act, 1956.
- Completion of Compulsory rotating internship.
Desirable: Postgraduate medical qualification in any discipline.
Duties: To provide medical care and arrange for hospitalization/specialist treatment, where necessary. Inoculation and vaccination of entitled personnel. To examine Non-Gazetted employees for fitness in respect of recruitment etc. HQ: Alwaye.
- One Economic Adviser, Ministry Of Finance, Department Of Economic Affairs.
Essential Qualifications: Master’s degree in Economics from a recognised University / Instt. or equivalent.
- Fifteen years’ experience in Economic Research / providing Economic Advice / Evaluation of Economic Reforms.
- Necessary administrative experience.
- Doctorate degree in Economics from a recognised University / Instt. or equivalent.
- Published research work in International / National Economic journal.
Duties: The Economic Adviser is required to assist and advise the Chief Economic Adviser and other Senior Officers in the Ministry of Finance on Economic issues and in the formulation of financial policy of the Government of India. HQ: New Delhi.
- One Drugs Inspector In Directorate Of Medical & Health Services, Administration Of Daman And Diu.
Essential Qualifications: Degree in Pharmacy or Pharmaceutical Sciences of Medicine with specialization in Clinical Pharmacology or Microbiology from a recognised University or equivalent.
Experience: Eighteen months’ experience in manufacture of at least one of the substances specified in Schedule “C” or testing of at least one of the substances in Schedule ‘C’ in a Laboratory approved for this purpose by the licensing Authority; OR Three years’ experience in the inspection of firms manufacturing any of the substances specified in Schedule ‘C’ .
Duties: Carrying out duties under the provisions of Drugs and Cosmetics Rules, 1945. HQ: U.T. OF DAMAN & DIU.
- One Director General Of Archives, Govt. Of India, Ministry Of Tourism & Culture, Department Of Culture. The post belongs to General Central Service and has a pay scale of 18400-500-22400 (T.E. 34224) Group ‘A’ Gazetted.
Age limit for the post: Not exceeding 50 years as on normal closing date. Relax able for Central / UT Govt servants up to 5 years as per instructions issued by Govt of India from time to time. For age concession applicable to some other categories of applicants, please see relevant paras of the “Instructions to Candidates”.
- Master’s Degree in History with an optional paper in Indian History of post 1600 period of a recognised University or equivalent.
- Knowledge of Archival Sciences and experience of Administering an archives office, in a higher supervisory post.
Experience: Adequate experience of undertaking and conducting and guiding research work of postgraduate standard.
- Special study of Modern Indian History with research publications of high standard.
- Knowledge and experience of editing documents.
- Knowledge of Indian and foreign language besides English and the candidate’s Mother tongue.
Duties: Administrative: Administrative and Financial powers as Head of Deptt. To administer the National Archives of India.
Technical: To co-ordinate and guide all operations connected with public records of all the Ministries and Agencies of Government of India in respect of administration maintenance, preservation, elimination and publication. To advise the State Government’s and other Organizations in the country on the best method of Organization of rehabilitation, disposal and utilization of records. Organization of courses in Archival Studies. To implement the Public Records Act, 1983. HQ: New Delhi.
- Recruitment of six Principals (School-Cadre) / Senior Lecturer in Education Department, Chandigarh Administration. (Ref. UPSC Advt. No. 15, Item No. 19 published in the various leading Newspapers/Employment News on 08-08-1998). It is notified for general information that the recruitment to the said posts has been cancelled.
- Recruitment to one post of Manager (Printing Press) in the Indian Navy, Ministry of Defence, Integrated Headquarters (Navy). (Ref. UPSC Advt. No. 14, Item No. 12 published in the leading Newspapers / Employment News on 24-07-2004). It is notified for general information that since the vacancy has been abolished, the recruitment to the said post has been cancelled.
- Candidates applying for the posts are requested to apply in the format published along with this advertisement No.13 and NOT write to the Commission for application forms. They are also requested to go through carefully the details of posts and instructions published below before applying.
- Nature Of Post: All posts belong to General Central Service except otherwise mentioned.
- Posts at S. Nos.1 & 2 are permanent.
- Post at S. No. 3 is temporary.
- Pay Scale & Classification: (Figures in bracket at the end of the pay scale indicate the total emoluments excluding CCA and HRA at the minimum of the scale
- 18, 400-500-22400(T.E. 34224/-) Group `A`, Gazetted for the post at S.No.2.
- 8000-275-13500+NPA (T.E. 14880/-+NPA) Group `A`, Gazetted for the post at S. No.1.
- 6500-200-10500(T.E. 12090/-) Group `B`, Gazetted for the post at S. No.3.
- Age Limit As On Normal Closing Date i.e. 27-07-2006
- Not exceeding 50 years for the post at S. No.2.
- Not exceeding 35 years for the post at S. No.1.
- Not exceeding 30 years for the post at S. No.3.
N.B. The age limit shown against all S. Nos is normal age limit Age Is Also Relax able For Central / UT Govt Servants Up to Five Years As Per The Instructions Issued By Govt Of India From Time To Time. For age concession applicable to other categories of applicants please see relevant paras of the Instructions to Candidates for recruitment by Selection.
Note: Candidates with disabilities (as indicated against each item) can apply to the respective posts even if the post is not reserved for them. However, such candidates will be considered for selection to such posts by general standard of merit. Persons suffering from not less than 40% of relevant disability shall alone be eligible for the benefit of reservation and other relaxations as permissible under the rules.
- Headquarters: At places specifically stated against certain posts, otherwise anywhere in India or aboard.
- Probation: The persons selected will be appointed on probation as per rule.