UPSC CISF Assistant Commandant Limited Departmental Competitive Exam 2014 – LDC CISF AC Exam Scheme
|UPSC CISF AC LDCE Exam Date : 01.06.2014|
|UPSC CISF AC LDCE Application Issue Date : 01.03.2014|
|UPSC CISF AC LDCE Application Last Date : 31.03.2014|
The Rules for a Limited Departmental Competitive Examination to be held by the Union Public Service Commission in 2014 for the purpose of filling vacancies of Assistant Commandants ( Executive ) in Central Industrial Security Force ( CISF ) for the vacancy year 2014 are published for general information :
1. The number of UPSC Limited Departmental Competitive Exam 2014 CISF vacancies to be filled on the results of the examination will be specified in the UPSC notice issued by the Union Public Service Commission. Reservation will be made for candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes and the Scheduled Tribes in respect of vacancies as may be fixed by the Government.
2. The AC CISF Ltd Departmental Competitive 2014 examination will be conducted by the Union Public Service Commission in the manner prescribed in appendix I to these rules. The dates on which and the places at which the examination will be held, shall be fixed by the Union Public Service Commission.
3. The candidates should have completed 4 years of regular service as on 01st January, 2014 in the rank of Sub. Inspector ( GD ) / Inspector ( GD ) including the period of basic training and should have unblemished record for 04 years till issue of offer of appointment and not having any major punishment in the entire service career.
4. A candidates must not have attained the age of 35 years on the 01st August, 2014 i.e. he / she must have been born not earlier than 02nd August 1979. However, the upper age limit prescribed above shall be relaxable up to a maximum of five years if a candidate belongs to a Schedule Caste or a Schedule Tribe.
Save as provided above the age limits prescribed can in no case be relaxed.
5. Every candidates appearing at the examination who is otherwise eligible, shall be permitted three attempts at the examination.
6. The Educational Qualification for appearing in Limited Departmental Competitive CISF AC 2014 Examination will be a Graduation from a recognized University.
7. Possession of NCC ‘B’ or ‘C’ Certificate will be a desirable qualification. These desirable qualifications will be given consideration at the time of interview / personality test only.
8. Candidates must meet the prescribed Physical and Medical standards for admission to the Limited Departmental Competitive Examination for selection of Assistant Commandant ( Executive ) in CISF, 2014 specified in appendix II of these rules.
9. After the UPSC Notification of the rules of the Limited Departmental Competitive CISF Assistant Commandant ( Executive ) Examination in the Gazette of India by Ministry of Home Affairs and notification of examination by the Union Public Service Commission, the candidates will have to fill in the application form on-line on the UPSC’s web-site and a hard copy of the same are to be routed through proper channel to the CISF authorities for verification and onwards transmission to the Union Public Service Commission. The scrutiny of applications for deciding the eligibility of candidates with reference to the stipulated eligibility conditions will be done by the Central Industrial Security Force. However, the decision of the Union Public Service Commission as to the acceptance of the application of a candidate and his / her eligibility or otherwise for admission to the examination shall be final.
10. The candidates applying for the examination should ensure that they fulfil all the eligibility conditions for admission to the examination. Their admission at all the stages of CISF AC Limited Departmental Competitive 2014 examination for which they are admitted by the Union Public Service Commission viz. Written Examination, Physical and Medical Standard Tests or Personality / Interview Tests will be purely provisional subject to their satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions. If on verification at any time before or after the CISF Assistant Commandant Written Examination 2014, Physical and Medical Standard Tests or Personality / Interview Tests, it is found that they do not fulfil any of eligibility conditions; their candidature for the examination will be cancelled.
11. e-Admission certificates of the admitted candidates to Limited Departmental Competitive CISF AC 2014 examination will be uploaded in the UPSC website one week before the date of examination and can be downloaded by the eligible candidates. No paper Admission Certificate will be issued by the Union Public Service Commission. Candidates shall not be admitted to the CISF AC examination 2014 unless he / she holds a downloaded e-Admission Certificate.
12. A candidate who is or has been declared by the Union Public Service Commission to be guilty of :
- Obtaining support for his / her candidature by the following means, namely :
- offering illegal gratification to, or
- applying pressure on, or
- blackmailing, or threatening to blackmail any person connected with the conduct of the examination, or
- Impersonating, or
- Procuring impersonation by any person, or
- Submitting fabricated documents or documents which have been tampered with, or
- Making statements which are incorrect or false or suppressing material information, or
- Resorting to the following means in connection with his / her candidature for the examination, namely
- obtaining copy of question paper through improper means,
- finding out the particulars of the persons connected with secret work relating to the examination,
- influencing the examiners, or
- using unfair means during the examination, or
- writing obscene matter or drawing obscene sketches in the scripts, or
- misbehaving in the examination hall including tearing of the scripts, provoking fellow examinees to boycott examination, creating disorderly scene and the like, or
- harassing or doing bodily harm to the staff employed by the Union Public Service Commission for the conduct of their examinations, or
- being in possession of or using any mobile phone, pager or any electronic equipment or device or any other equipment capable of being used as a communication device during the examination, or
- violating any of the instructions issued to candidates along with their admission certificates permitting them to take the examination, or
- attempting to commit of all or any of the acts specified in the foregoing clauses may, in addition to rendering himself / herself liable to criminal prosecution, be liable.
- to be disqualified by the Union Public Service Commission from the examination for which he / she is a candidate and / or
- to be debarred either permanently or for a specified period
- by the Union Public Service Commission from any examination or selection held by it.
- by the Central Government from any employment under them, and for any disciplinary action under the appropriate rules.
Provided that no penalty under these rules shall be imposed except after
- Giving the candidate an opportunity of making such representation, in writing as he / she may wish to make in that behalf; and
- Taking the representation, if any, submitted by the candidate within the period allowed to him / her into consideration.
- Candidates who obtain such minimum qualifying marks in the UPSC CISF AC written examination 2014 as may be fixed by the Union Public Service Commission in their discretion shall be summoned for the Physical Standards / Physical Efficiency Tests and Medical Standard Tests by CISF to check whether they meet the Physical and Medical Standards specified in appendix II to these Rules.
- Union Public Service Commission retains discretion to fix minimum qualifying standards in any or all of the papers at any stage and retains discretion to evaluate conventional papers of only those candidates who secure minimum qualifying standards in the objective paper, as may be determined by the Union Public Service Commission in its discretion.
- Provided that candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes and the Scheduled Tribes may be summoned for the Physical Standards / Physical Efficiency and Medical Standard Tests by applying relaxed standards if the Union Public Service Commission is of the opinion that sufficient number of candidates from these categories are not likely to be summoned for the Physical Standards / Physical Efficiency Tests and Medical Standards Tests on the basis of the general standard in CISF AC written examination 2014 in order to fill up the vacancies reserved for them.
- Those candidates who meet the prescribed Physical Standards as specified in appendix II to these Rules, will be put through Physical Efficiency Test ( PET ) as indicated below :
Male Female a. 100 meters race In 16 seconds In 18 seconds b. 800 meters race In 3 minutes 45 seconds In 4 minutes 45 seconds c. Long Jump 3.5 meters ( 3 chances ) 3.0 meters ( 3 chances ) d. Shot Put ( 7.26 Kgs. ) 4.50 meters -
These tests will be only of qualifying nature and will not carry any marks. Failure even in one of these tests will amount to disqualification. Pregnancy at the time of PET will be a disqualification and pregnant female candidates will be rejected.
- Medical Standards Tests, to check the standards specified in appendix II, will be conducted only in respect of candidates who are declared qualified in the Physical Efficiency Tests. Candidates will either be declared “fit” or “unfit” in the Medical Standard Tests. Those candidates who are declared ‘unfit’ in the Medical Standard Tests will be allowed to appear before the Review Medical Board on their appeals by the Appellate Authority.
- The Physical Standards / Physical Efficiency Tests and Medical Standard Tests will be conducted under the supervision of CISF. These tests will be conducted at various centres to be notified after the UPSC CISF AC results of the written examination.
- Appeals will be entertained only against the Medical Standards Tests and will have to be made to the Appellate Authority designated by the Ministry of Home Affairs within a period of 15 days from the date of declaration of the result of these tests.
- Candidates, who are declared qualified in the Medical Standards Tests, will be called for the Central Industrial Security Force AC Interview / Personality Test to be conducted by the Union Public Service Commission. Candidates, who are declared medically unfit but allowed to appear before the “Review Medical Board” on their appeal by the Appellate Authority will be called for Interview / Personality Tests provisionally. The Interview / Personality Test will carry 200 marks.
- The Central Industrial Security Force AC Interview / Personality Test would be conducted by a Board of competent and unbiased persons who will have before them a record of the candidates. The candidate will be asked questions both in his / her own field as well as matters of general interest to test his / her awareness and understanding. In broad terms, this will be an assessment of not only his / her mental calibre but also his / her social traits and integrity of character. The Board would broadly assess the candidate inter-alia in the following :
- Physical Make-up
- Manners and Mannerism
- General Intelligence, Aptitude and Interest
- Ability to perceive, analyse and present facts and situation.
- Work related aptitudes, like discipline, empathy etc.
- Extra-curricular activities-participation in games, sports, debates etc.
- Leadership, drive, determination, quick decision making etc.
- Ability to face stress and crisis.
- Courage-moral and physical.
- Behavioural aspect of personality
- Inter-personal relations with superiors and subordinates.
- Commitment to values, integrity, secular and national orientation.
- Physical Make-up
- The candidature of such candidates who do not qualify at the Physical Standards / Physical Efficiency Tests or Medical Standards Tests is liable for cancellation.
- After the Central Industrial Security Force AC Interview, candidates will be arrange by the Union Public Service Commission in order of merit as disclosed by the aggregate marks finally awarded to each candidate and in that order so many candidates as are found by the Union Public Service Commission to be qualified at the Central Industrial Security Force AC examination 2014 shall be recommended for appointment up to the number of unreserved vacancies decided to be filled on the results of the UPSC CISF Assistant Commandants examination 2014.
- The candidates belonging to any of the Scheduled Castes and the Scheduled Tribes may to the extent of the number of CISF AC vacancies reserved for the Scheduled Castes and the Scheduled Tribes be recommended by the Union Public Service Commission by a relaxed standard, subject to the fitness of these candidates for selection to the post.
Provided that the candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes who have not availed themselves of any of the concessions or relaxations in the eligibility or the selection criteria, at any stage of the examination and who after taking into account the general qualifying standards are found fit for recommendation by the Union Public Service Commission shall not be recommended against the vacancies reserved for the Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes.
Further provided that the candidates who qualify in the order of merit but the results of whose medical standards test are pending will be recommended provisionally.
15. The form and manner of communication of the UPSC CISF AC result of the examination to individual candidates shall be decided by the Union Public Service Commission in their discretion and the Union Public Service Commission will not enter into correspondence with them regarding the result.
16. A candidate must be in good mental and bodily health and free from any physical defect likely to interfere with the discharge of his / her duties as an officer of the service. A candidate, who after such medical examination as Government or the appointing authority, as the case may be, may prescribe, is found not to satisfy these requirements will not be appointed. The candidate should be in shape – 1 medical category during Annual Medical Examination 2014 as specified in CISF Circular No ( 145 ) dated 28.01.2009.
17. The list of finally selected candidates would be forwarded by the Union Public Service Commission to Ministry of Home Affairs / Directorate General, CISF for issue of offer of appointment to the post of Assistant Commandants ( Executive ) for training and medical examination. The selected candidates shall undergo training at the training centre of the Force and will remain on probation for a period of two years.
18. No TA / DA / Journey expenses will be allowed to the candidates for attending the Exam at any stage.
The minimum requirements for the candidate ( for all categories ) are as follows :
|Height||165 cms ( Gen & SC )||157 cms ( Gen & SC )|
|162.5 cms ( ST )||154 cms ( ST )|
|Chest ( unexpanded )||81 cms ( with 5 cm minimum expansion )||Not applicable|
|Weight||Corresponding to height||Corresponding to height|
|Medical||shape - 1||shape - 1|
CISF Assistant Commandant Limited Departmental Competitive Exam 2013 Final Result
UPSC CISF Assistant Commandant LDC Exam 2013 Final Results has been declared. ( Published on : 27th December, 2013 ).
Based on the result of the written part of the Central Industrial Security Force Assistant Commandants ( Executive ) Limited Departmental Competitive Examination, 2013 held on 25.08.2013 followed by the Personality Test held from 16.12.2013 to 20.12.2013